Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ben-Jerrys-Texas-Top-Pick-Bourbon-Pecan-Pie-Ice-Cream.jpg?resize=450%2C529
    I have two coupons for a free NadaMoo! pint, but I'm buying this as soon as I find it. I can't resist a state exclusive.

They sent me free stuff too!
    Have you tried out their stuff? They had a maple and a banana-nutella flavor that really piqued my interest.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Ben-Jerrys-Texas-Top-Pick-Bourbon-Pecan-Pie-Ice-Cream.jpg?resize=450%2C529
    I have two coupons for a free NadaMoo! pint, but I'm buying this as soon as I find it. I can't resist a state exclusive.

Boo so only Texas can try this :(.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Anyone find any recent ice creams/gelatos worth mentioning?

I seen Green's has a Limited Edition Jelly Donut ice cream.

I am really waiting for the Talenti Egg Nog/Pumpkin Pie & Weis Peppermint Stick ice cream.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Anyone find any recent ice creams/gelatos worth mentioning?

I seen Green's has a Limited Edition Jelly Donut ice cream.

I am really waiting for the Talenti Egg Nog/Pumpkin Pie & Weis Peppermint Stick ice cream.

Not a whole lot of new going on in our house. I've tried a couple of the Publix house brand and found them to be good. I think I mentioned a couple upthread and the latest we tried was Caramel Mountain Tracks. It's supposed to be toffee ice cream but I can't taste much toffee. It has a caramel ribbon, little chocolate-caramel turtles, and pecan pralines in it. It's really pretty good for 180 calories per serving.

I still have my Talenti egg nog from last year. I loved it, I just get out of the mood for egg nog once the season passes. I'm not ready to admit it's fall and get it back out again.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well I like the Friendly's football nut limited edition one I got a couple weeks ago but I haven't found anything new either.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Has anyone tried Turkey Hill pumpkin pie ice cream? Curious before I spend money on it...
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Target had a sale on Talenti last week, and since they had flavors I haven't seen elsewhere, I got a few.

Carmel Apple Pie -- this sounded like an odd flavor, but I really enjoyed it.

Raspberry Cheesecake - I was disappointed. It was good, but I expected something more. Maybe a richer cheesecake flavor. It was a bit tart IMO

Mediterranean Mint - Wow, I love this one! I really like mint in general, but don't get to have it often (husband's allergy) and this was a really good mint. The chocolate mix-ins were just the perfect amount, too.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I haven't really found anything new or exciting lately either.

Today I bought Talenti's Caramel Apple Pie & I blame @mathjulz LOL! I took a slice of this bread cinnamon-swirl-bread.png & added 30 grams of Biscoff's Crunchy spread & 100 grams of the Talenti gelato. So good.

I keep looking at Giant every time I go in to see if they have the Talenti Pumpkin Pie & Egg Nog. Their Peppermint Bark sucked so I am definitely not picking up that one.

Unfortunately with certain ice creams I think I am a bit lactose intolerant so I am doing a test with the Talenti & see how I handle it. I don't know if it's just ice creams with full fat milk or even the ones with skim milk. Even if I am lactose intolerant I'll still make an exception for Talenti & just suffer through it.

I also bought Dream Gelato Sea Salt Caramel which is an almond based gelato

Dream-Gelato-Sea-Salt-Caramel-300x300.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed caramel apple pie. I know some people weren't a huge fan of the apple pieces, but I'd definitely pick it up again.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm the one who didn't like the apple pieces. They tasted kind of dehydrated or something-- funky texture. But I thought the flavors were good.

I actually made it to Fresh Market yesterday and picked up two new ones, which I tried tonight. The first one was McConnell's Salted Caramel Chip. It was excellent. Really good buttery flavor and lots of chocolate chip mix-ins.
    Not my photos:

Mcconnells-salted-Caramel-chip.jpg

SaltedCaramelChip_WEB__14916.1360051486.1280.1280.png?c=2

The second was Gelato Fiasco Sea Salt Caramel. I don't know if they discontinued the dark chocolate sea salt caramel or what but I can't find it anywhere anymore. If so this one might be its replacement. It's a very similar texture and calorie count (180 per 108 grams). The flavor isn't as complex but it's really good for that calorie count. No mix-ins. Also, yay that they finally started putting the serving size in weight on the container.

Also not my pictures:

Caramel_Sea_Salt_Gelato_6-pack_Packaging_from_Gelato_Fiasco_on_Foody_Direct.jpg?1411690051
  • Francl27
    Options
    Those two look good!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    The only "new" one I tried recently was the Turkey Hill Stuff'd Moose Tracks, which I would definitely buy myself. I was housesitting for a friend, and that was in her freezer. I left her half. :wink: I can't get enough of TH Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, so every time I finish it, I replace it. I actually went a whole week without eating ice cream. Oh, and the TH Butter Brickle is back, and I also got TH Lemon Cream Pie or something like that. It's pretty good for not being chocolate!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    The only "new" one I tried recently was the Turkey Hill Stuff'd Moose Tracks, which I would definitely buy myself. I was housesitting for a friend, and that was in her freezer. I left her half. :wink: I can't get enough of TH Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, so every time I finish it, I replace it. I actually went a whole week without eating ice cream. Oh, and the TH Butter Brickle is back, and I also got TH Lemon Cream Pie or something like that. It's pretty good for not being chocolate!

Giant has Turkey Hill for $1.99 @CallMeCupcakeDammit so I am debating if I want to go get their Pumpkin Pie or wait for Talenti's to come out.

Have you ever tried Giant's gelatos? They look similar to the Breyers containers.
  • Francl27
    Options

Giant has Turkey Hill for $1.99 @CallMeCupcakeDammit so I am debating if I want to go get their Pumpkin Pie or wait for Talenti's to come out.

Have you ever tried Giant's gelatos? They look similar to the Breyers containers.

Get both. The Turkey Hill one is very good.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I haven't had much gelato lately, but a week or so ago I bought a pint of Talenti Caribbean Coconut when it was on sale. Pretty sure I'd had it before, but couldn't remember how I felt about it. Well, last night I was disappointed. Honestly tasted like "ice milk" (fake ice cream), and despite having a clear shredded coconut mouth feel, the flavor was really, really mild. I am a coconut fan, but man, that was depressing.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    I haven't had much gelato lately, but a week or so ago I bought a pint of Talenti Caribbean Coconut when it was on sale. Pretty sure I'd had it before, but couldn't remember how I felt about it. Well, last night I was disappointed. Honestly tasted like "ice milk" (fake ice cream), and despite having a clear shredded coconut mouth feel, the flavor was really, really mild. I am a coconut fan, but man, that was depressing.

Weird, I really like the coconut one.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Put some magic shell on it.

• Francl27
    Options
    Has anyone tried Wegmans' white chocolate raspberry ice cream? I might have to drop by this week to see if mine has it...
  • Francl27
    Options
    Still can't find a picture for it but the Wegmans white chocolate raspberry ice cream is actually really good! Very creamy. I wish the white chocolate flavor was stronger though, but still, very pleasantly surprised for a store brand (and the chocolate bits are delicious).