WLS Rant Thread

Options

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    RENAEJAE wrote: »
    I really miss being able to guzzle iced cold water.

Um, beer. I pour beer at a brewery. While you work, all the free beer you can drink. All kinds of beer. Delicious barrel aged stouts. Oktoberfest is the current seasonal. Seriously awesome stuff. Of which I haven't had a drop in 4 months. Andwon't, for many, many more months ...sigh...

I was thinking I kinda miss beer too.The guy I am dating is a total beer nerd, and he drinks the most amazing beers. Now at 2 years out, I have a sip here and there but I still don't "drink".

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Damn, Marta feel you on that one. I was a brewer and pretty heavy into our brew scene here in NC until early this year. I have broken the rules and had a few since surgery, but I'm careful not to go too fast, share a bit of a friends, and make sure I work what I put in out.
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i would post a rant but was thinking for 45 years what i was doing didnt work or else i wouldnt be near 400lbs so i consider my wls day one of a new life and just like a newborn have to learn everything over and i choose not to think about the past
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Okay, here is my rant, trivial as it may seem today:
    • I miss my straws.
    • I miss my bubbly anything to drink.
    • I miss my being able to just go out with family and enjoy a wonderful dinner without having to think of the consequences of eating this or that.
    • I miss having clothes that fit. Seriously, I had a fabulous wardrobe and now it is in boxes as each thing I put on no longer works.
    • I miss my boobs (and so does my hubby), like really was it necessary to go there first?
    • I miss drinking something cold. It really makes my tiny tummy hurt.
    • I miss munchies and something crunchy.

BUT - I would NOT trade anything for how fabulous I feel and how I am loving what I am looking like. I am working my program and it is showing results, so I guess I can continue to miss all those things because I am not giving up.
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My benefits far outweigh my rants but....

-I really miss carbonated things (diet coke, beer, etc.)
    -My boobs are fine size-wise but the saggy wrinkly is just sad :-(
    -The balds pots are so apparent - though I just got a very short haircut so I can comb everything forwardish and it helps a lot
    -Previously mentioned haircut along with new face wrinkles from less tight skin makes me look a lot older
    -My body used to have an hourglass shape and I carried the weight I had in a nice way. Now I am very lumpy in my lower abdomen and it feels weird
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Cranky this morning, you've all been warned.

Dear body,
    you're existing on 800-1000 calories a day, WHY are you not losing weight? This isn't mathematically possible. Yes, I'm tracking (other than yesterday where I just said screw it).

Dear Time of the Month,
    That's supposed to be ONCE a month, not twice, and if you'd please not stick around for a week at a time I'd appreciate it. (sorry for the TMI there).

Dear DH,
    You swore you were my biggest supporter. STOP bringing the crap foods that I still love and can't have into the house. You don't need them any more than I do. There is not going to be a shortage of Halloween candy, we don't need it in the house 3 weeks early, and we don't need it at all as we'll be at my parents' house for Halloween so no one will be here to hand out candy anyways.
  • anbrdr
    edited October 2015
    Options
    That third thing is definitely something you should bring up with him. I can't imagine how hard the temptation would be if someone was bring a bunch of delicious evil into the house.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sinderstorm, I think our bodies are in cahoots. 600/650 calories a day, 90-100 minutes of vigorous walking (4.5 to 5 miles) each day this week, and I've gained half a pound. WTF, body?
  • JudiMoving2
    JudiMoving2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Love this post! It has made me feel better about all my current rants!

1.) Planning to put out a missing booby report. Not just one, but two! AND I can't find a proper holder to keep the remains in place.
    2.) My 20" long very thick hair is now at my ear length. So tired of shedding.
    3.) I have a mirena, had no monthly issues for over 12 years... now? Oh no at 50 I have to be like a teenager again!
    4.) I miss baking cakes, cookies, brownies for my man. Who misses these things too.
    5.) I miss going on road trips to discover cool out of the way restaurants and enjoying their unique recipes.
    6.) So tired of eating meat centric meals.
    7.) I miss root beer floats. Pumpkin pie, squash with brown sugar, and a big hamburger on a onion bun with all the works!

However.... like others.... so happy were I am today compared to over six months ago.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    That third thing is definitely something you should bring up with him. I can't imagine how hard the temptation would be if someone was bring a bunch of delicious evil into the house.

Thanks. We had a long talk yesterday, and this morning all of the candy got bagged up and went to the kids' school as a donation for prizes for games at their fall carnival this weekend. I think he gets it, again. I just have to keep reminding him, and hope that one day it sinks in that this isn't a short term thing for me. He's one of those fortunate people who has never struggled with his weight- he weighs within 10lbs now of when we met 18 years ago, and he's never had to diet.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    WTH has been wrong with me the last 2 days?
    I've had a near-constant hunger, and have made some very poor decisions regarding snacking/grazing. I feel like I have tapeworms.
    I desperately need to kick myself in the *kitten* and not fall into those old habits.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    *grabbing @anbrdr by the lapels and shaking vigorously* GET A GRIP!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It's what you do that matters, not what you've done, and you know what to do.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You can turn it around! I love martabeerich's reply and cabennett99 is right on with his advice. I am fairly new to all of this but I have noticed if I don't get enough protein my cravings go nutso.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sometimes too many carbs can trigger more overeating. I know in my case that always seems to be what happens. You are strong and committed! Get back in the saddle and take back control!!!! Our mind often sabotages our plans. Remember how far you have already come!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Sinderstorm, I think our bodies are in cahoots. 600/650 calories a day, 90-100 minutes of vigorous walking (4.5 to 5 miles) each day this week, and I've gained half a pound. WTF, body?

Try upping your calories if you can - that was the advice my nut gave me and it worked ;)
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Finally thin enough to wear boots for the first time in MY LIFE and my saggy skin at the knees hangs over the top looking ridiculous guess that is what happens when you loose over 200lbs :( never gonna be a boot wearer...damn! But that's okay because I will find a lower pair that will work eventually because I am THIN enough to wear boots!!!!! YAY!!!!!
  • LaurieLynnBD
    LaurieLynnBD Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rant: I'm 4 weeks post-op and I'm a cold all the time. This is new to me and I'm not enjoying it.
  • garber6th
    Options
    joysie1970 wrote: »
    Finally thin enough to wear boots for the first time in MY LIFE and my saggy skin at the knees hangs over the top looking ridiculous guess that is what happens when you loose over 200lbs :( never gonna be a boot wearer...damn! But that's okay because I will find a lower pair that will work eventually because I am THIN enough to wear boots!!!!! YAY!!!!!

I feel your pain! I have some saggy knee skin too. I have to be super careful about dress length. I have learned to love booties, and there are so many cute ones out there. I also found a pair that's a height between a bootie and a knee high boot, love those!
  • garber6th
    Options
    Rant: I'm 4 weeks post-op and I'm a cold all the time. This is new to me and I'm not enjoying it.

I was FREEZING all the time for quite a while post surgery, and while I still get cold more easily than before surgery, I've definitely adjusted over time and it isn't nearly as bad. I am sure it will get better for you!