Misc Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Dawn - welcome back! I can hardly wait to see your pictures! Especially your shoes!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Dawn - welcome back! I can hardly wait to see your pictures! Especially your shoes!

those must be the most famous shoes on mfp. also i think we all breathed with relief when you found them.

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've just come here for 5 minds to catch up on what everyone's doing, and to calm down from someone annoying me at work! You lot cheer me up with all your great workouts.

It's good to put things into perspective by stepping away from the irritation - and now I'm picturing arm wrestling the stupid person who annoyed me, and crushing her :smile:
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Dress pictures posted in progress forum. Will take pictures of the shoes in a couple of days as they are hard to see in the main picture. :wink:

Nice thought process Ariadnula. One time I overheard a comment from some guy thinking he was funny about making fun of the fluffy girl going out for a walk (aka, me). One of my thoughts was pfft, I could deadlift you. hehehe
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @DawnEmbers wow'!! Just seen you photos. A-ma-zing!!!!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    My husband & 4 yr old are in their way to Florida for the next 8 days. I decided to stay home to work on (& hopefully) complete my big art commission. It's been such a struggle to find time to work between being home with my daughter 2 weekdays and being primary caregiver on weekends & evenings. School days I can work for a few hours but I have to quit during my most productive time to pick her up from school. Being a mom had been such a struggle for me, especially since we moved away from family & friends for my husband's job. I was welcoming the chance to sleep past 6-6:30, work as long as I want, take a break from cooking & cleaning. But I find myself feeling melancholy that they've gone without me. It's our daughter's first
    plane trip. Sigh. I'm taking the rest of today to be emotional and then tomorrow I'm going to start hitting work & working out hard!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Dawn- amazing difference! You looked awesome!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Brava, Dawn! You look so great!
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    It took me a while to find the progress thread but blimey, well done Dawn, you look amazing!
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Dawn you look beautiful and strong!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Dress pictures posted in progress forum.

you. look. amazing. just wow.

and such a pretty dress too.

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    :blush: Thanks everyone.

And now for the shoes. They were simple black so can use them with other outfits in the future. I had bought blister bandaids just in case, but had no issues at all with these. Though, will admit I didn't dance much other than a short little bit cause I got pulled over by someone during a Garth Brooks song (yeah... I like his music but I don't usually dance to them). Not bad considering I got them at ShopKo in small town Utah.

fa0rq8.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Love the shoes! They look very comfy.
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    They're great!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    "make a shelf". people say this especially for bench and ohp and also for setting the bar on your back for the squat.

and i'm only now asking myself: do you mean that physically, i.e. by pulling your shoulderblades so tight together that the bones form a flat shelf?
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    here. a friend showed me this. i have nothing to add.

have a giggle conniption you hate yourself for.

https://www.facebook.com/loukritiahdiaxroniki/videos/436861643169074/
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Haha, I have seen that before. I think it was originally Jimmy Kimmel or something...
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    here. a friend showed me this. i have nothing to add.

have a giggle conniption you hate yourself for.

https://www.facebook.com/loukritiahdiaxroniki/videos/436861643169074/

the first time i saw this was on Ellen. It's always funny, tho! xD
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So safeties....I think boxes on either side might be the easiest. I have this rack:

http://www.hoistfitness.com/consumer/equipment/hf-4970_squat-rack

There are no commercially available safeties for it. We couldn't get a proper power cage because the ceiling was slightly too low. A single person spot is ok right now because let's be honest I'm not moving that much weight (5 rep max is 120 lb) And a single person spot will probably work for a really long time. Because I'm not getting stronger very quickly either.

I'm still going to need to either work at lower percentages of max or get a spot for bench tho.