The Fearsome Purple Force

Options

Replies

• deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ok I rocked Thanksgiving. It helped that I had to cook it all as that actually makes me less hungry. I had my normal breakfast, cooked a turkey and ham with all the fixings and made 8 different types of pie and 5 different kinds of fruit breads ( love to bake). I ate a modest amount of each dish, and didn't eat any dessert. I didn't gain anything and my blood sugar was107, which is great as we ate really late due to some guests' work schedule. I am so proud of myself, I was dreading the day. We have got this challenges nge!
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I did real well on thanksgiving was under my calorie goal not to hard when its just me and my husband and i can weigh my food and are meal was simple but good
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly getting back on track, and am planning to dance to more than two songs today. I got a new Kinect game haha.
  • chulipa
    Options
    Dont forget to post your weight by tonight tomorrow starts a new week.
  • hmoehl70
    hmoehl70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok~Team Purple....I'm baaaack!! Sorry, I have been MIA since Thanksgiving....too many family feasts, but ever so THANKFUL for my family! Feeling focused.
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I'm on your team, my name is Katie. I was on vacation up until now so sorry for the late joining. I have a bit of work to do since getting back from vacation and am having a bit of a rough time getting restarted (darn you, cinnamon bun...).

My plans include a soft start date of now but a firm start date of Dec 1. Before Dec. 1 I intend on joining a gym that is on my bus route home. I also am going to try to make more freezer meals to make eating easier. And cut out the morning doughnut/cinnamon bun habit that I developed while on vacation.

Exercise is another thing I need to work on really hard. I never, ever feel like doing it. I don't even give excuses, I simply go "nah". But hopefully I will change that with the gym membership (weights and some running) and dancing using a new Xbox.

After my vacation, I'm at my highest recorded weight since I started losing weight (in other words, I'm now starting to gain it back and I don't want to!). Some how, that isn't sinking in though. Christmas is around the corner and it feels discouraging. I know it can be done. People do it all the time, lose weight over December. But I don't know how. The numbers of calories motivates me, and as soon as I have to guess what calories are for foods prepared by others I'm always thinking "Ok, but I could be super wrong about this. I might be able to eat more, or I could be eating too much". And I find that very frustrating and tend to fall off track as soon as that's my mindset.

How do you guys deal with having to full blown guess/estimate calories when you really don't know and don't even know if you're close? Always taking the highest amount you find in the database seems unreasonable, but it's what I do and I don't think it works that well for me.

Anyway, I am here for the rest of the challenge and I hope we work hard together!

Also, happy Thanksgiving to the Americans here!

Welcome back katie. About guessing, tbh i chose the calories with the middle average amount. For example, i have to eat a bun today. I dint make it at home. So i dunno what is the calorie amount. So the lowest one calorie for a 77 g bun is 107, highest is 224 and the middle one is 178, so i am using 178.

Anyways how was your vacation?
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Guys, you need to talk to each other :) try and reply to the previous poster please
  • deescrafty
    Options
    hmoehl70 wrote: »
    Ok~Team Purple....I'm baaaack!! Sorry, I have been MIA since Thanksgiving....too many family feasts, but ever so THANKFUL for my family! Feeling focused.

Hi, glad to have you back. We all need each other to get through these holidays!

• deescrafty
    Options
    For my new exercise I am trying to get back to dancing. Haven't done it in tears because of bad knees, forgot how much fun it can be now I have rwo new kbeese! Also plan to try kettle ball routines. I bought an eight LB. ball, baby steps!
  • Proguy101
    Proguy101 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Weight done
  • Proguy101
    Options
    Oh and GOOOO TEAM!
  • chulipa
    Options
    deescrafty wrote: »
    hmoehl70 wrote: »

Hi, glad to have you back. We all need each other to get through these holidays!

Glad your back yeam needs you
  • chulipa
    Options
    deescrafty wrote: »
    For my new exercise I am trying to get back to dancing. Haven't done it in tears because of bad knees, forgot how much fun it can be now I have rwo new kbeese! Also plan to try kettle ball routines. I bought an eight LB. ball, baby steps!

Sounds like fun but i never have danced much maybe i should try as long as no body is watching
  • chulipa
    Options
    Guys, you need to talk to each other :) try and reply to the previous poster please

It seems very few on purple team are even comunicating at all. Would like to know who is apart of this team or just taking up space
  • MrWilson6
    MrWilson6 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just weighed in. Not a great week for results, but not bad either. The challenge seems to be the traveling weekends that tends to happen this time of year. Getting closer to Christmas always means a bit of travel to see family and friends, which of course means to eat more that you typically would, and consume a few too many "pops". The next couple of weeks will be more focused!

#GoPurpleForce
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I'm on your team, my name is Katie. I was on vacation up until now so sorry for the late joining. I have a bit of work to do since getting back from vacation and am having a bit of a rough time getting restarted (darn you, cinnamon bun...).

My plans include a soft start date of now but a firm start date of Dec 1. Before Dec. 1 I intend on joining a gym that is on my bus route home. I also am going to try to make more freezer meals to make eating easier. And cut out the morning doughnut/cinnamon bun habit that I developed while on vacation.

Exercise is another thing I need to work on really hard. I never, ever feel like doing it. I don't even give excuses, I simply go "nah". But hopefully I will change that with the gym membership (weights and some running) and dancing using a new Xbox.

After my vacation, I'm at my highest recorded weight since I started losing weight (in other words, I'm now starting to gain it back and I don't want to!). Some how, that isn't sinking in though. Christmas is around the corner and it feels discouraging. I know it can be done. People do it all the time, lose weight over December. But I don't know how. The numbers of calories motivates me, and as soon as I have to guess what calories are for foods prepared by others I'm always thinking "Ok, but I could be super wrong about this. I might be able to eat more, or I could be eating too much". And I find that very frustrating and tend to fall off track as soon as that's my mindset.

How do you guys deal with having to full blown guess/estimate calories when you really don't know and don't even know if you're close? Always taking the highest amount you find in the database seems unreasonable, but it's what I do and I don't think it works that well for me.

Anyway, I am here for the rest of the challenge and I hope we work hard together!

Also, happy Thanksgiving to the Americans here!

Welcome back katie. About guessing, tbh i chose the calories with the middle average amount. For example, i have to eat a bun today. I dint make it at home. So i dunno what is the calorie amount. So the lowest one calorie for a 77 g bun is 107, highest is 224 and the middle one is 178, so i am using 178.

Anyways how was your vacation?

It probably is best to use the middle. That way sometimes it's high and sometimes low and all balances out...

My vacation was really good! We went to Disney World and Universal Studios. It was beautiful weather the whole time (only 2 days of rain and even then, not much). Now weekends feel short hahaha (we went for 2 weeks).
  • Proguy101
    Options
    chulipa wrote: »

It seems very few on purple team are even comunicating at all. Would like to know who is apart of this team or just taking up space
    I take up too much space so thats why im here! :(

• missyhill99
    missyhill99 Posts: 206 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I have a question team I have serious issues with my Plantar Fascitis can someone give ideas on what exercises I can do I have had more time off than I really want :neutral:
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    chulipa wrote: »

I see posts everyday from Nov. 20. I know I just go there but people are posting. I think Night_watcher just meant she would like to see conversation not just solo updates.
  • MrWilson6
    MrWilson6 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have a question team I have serious issues with my Plantar Fascitis can someone give ideas on what exercises I can do I have had more time off than I really want :neutral:

Stretch, stretch, stretch!! Hopefully it's not bad, but if it persists you may want to see a doctor. Besides that, try doing calf raises from a step/stair so that your heal drops below level. You may want to look at the shoes you typically wear as well. Basically you need to strengthen the muscles within the foot/feet, so this doesn't become a persistent thing.
This discussion has been closed.