Post Your Results Here

Options
12345679»

Replies

• 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!!! I'm 4 lbs away from my Christmas goal. Was feeling great about it as my fasts usually drop around 3 lbs, but this week I only lost 1. So I might not make it.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 lbs from my Christmas goal. I've recovered from thanksgiving, but am going to do another 72 hour fast. I do drink coffee with HWC when I fast. It helps me keep the fast and not feel deprived.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    3 lbs off this week, including my 1lb I put back on last week. Really pleased, just 2lbs to go to my Christmas goal weight!

I am not great at sticking to calories. My goal is 1500 a day but usually eat around 1800 which is more like maintenance. So the fasting is key for my weight loss!
  • 110challenge
    Options
    UGH cortisol strikes again. The next 3 months are going to be insane for me at work (tax season) and it seems that any time I go over 50 hours/week I don't lose. Nervous I'm not going to lose for months. I'm UP this week.
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    Poor you @110challenge is there anything you can do to relax?
  • 110challenge
    Options
    I'm trying - doing crafts with the kids today (star wars snowflakes for me, colouring for them!) but not really a lot of downtime. Kids are 1.5 and 3.5, husband works weekends, and all this food prep and cleaning take a ton of time. Real life is getting in the way of my weight loss :p I dont get it though, 45-46 hours is my norm and I lose fine most weeks, but up it just 4-5 hours and I GAIN?!? I'm working way too hard to not see results!
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    I'm trying - doing crafts with the kids today (star wars snowflakes for me, colouring for them!) but not really a lot of downtime. Kids are 1.5 and 3.5, husband works weekends, and all this food prep and cleaning take a ton of time. Real life is getting in the way of my weight loss :p I dont get it though, 45-46 hours is my norm and I lose fine most weeks, but up it just 4-5 hours and I GAIN?!? I'm working way too hard to not see results!

Hopefully it will whoosh off after the stressful time is passed. You must be exhausted with small kids etc. Plus December is such a busy month outside of work....my kids are older (11 & 9) but I feel I am always running to some event they are in. Having a work life balance fail right now!
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello All!!!!

I successfully completed my first 60 hour fast the other day. Felt great, amazing can't believe i did it. I lost 4 pounds, regained 2.2. I am on hour 35 of my second longer fast. I'm down 1 pound so far. I'm 3 pounds away from my Christmas goal so that makes me happy. I wish I had a blood ketone meter to check ketone level but I have to use glucose and the urine strips as a judge. Glucose was 67 and 74 this morning yeah I did it twice. Funny though for the longest time I've had nothing on the strips but this morning they were almost instantaneously dark. Maybe I just had excess since it was first thing this morning. Oh well.
    Carry on!!
    Peace out!!
  • 110challenge
    Options
    Totally what I'm expecting (one huge loss once it calms down). Plus side... I tried on some old size 16 jeans this morning AND THEY FIT. So water fasting is definitely still working for me, even if the scale isnt moving :) I think I'll try to get to bed at a better time this week too, as I find even sneaking a Saturday nap can result in large losses for me.

Thinner - WOW - 60 hours! Nice. I'm tempted to try similar, just out of curiosity more than seeing how much more aggressive my losses could be. My weekend fasts end up at 46ish hours because I'm one meal a day (eat Friday night, don't eat again until Sunday night), and I feel pretty good still at that point. Hubby doesnt like that I water fast though, I feel like adding more time is going to push his patience.
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    @110challenge My husband doesn't mind when I fast as it means he can eat whatever he likes in the evening. He is totally fed up with keto-type eating as he says it's too meat and dairy heavy. I tend to go upstairs when he's cooking and eating though when I'm fasting or the smells make me hungry - or go for a walk. He might get fed up if he cooked for himself two days in a row though. Well done on the jeans!
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Well I shot for a 24 hour fast today and only made it to 22. I'm OK with it, though a bit disappointed.

I just didn't like the way I felt... hard to explain.

I have not felt the energy I normally feel (might be lingering respiratory crud) and even though I'm staying well within my calorie and carb goal I have found myself hungry.

I've been tempted to pick up a blood ketone monitor and some strips.
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    @nicintime I think you did the right thing. I sometimes feel weird after a fast, ie after I've started to eat again but it's not anything that's easy to put into words. Is it electrolytes do you think?
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It certainly could be electrolytes - most days I drink boullion, which is about 2.5 grams of salt - yesterday I did not. I'm more inclined to go with the nagging respiratory thing. Still staying on plan, so it's all good. Thanks!
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    77 hours into fasting and feeling a~mazing! I really like not stressing over meal prep, but anticipation for that juicy ribeye is building. Congrats to you all! 22 hours is still a long time to fast. :)
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    77 hours is awesome!
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    Lost another 2 lbs (it was 3lbs on the scale, but I generally assume some bounce-back). Desperately trying to get back to where I was before Christmas! Am using DietBet to keep me motivated - I am surely not going to lose $35! Not sure if I will stick in another fast per week - last week I did two 36hr fasts, but didn't appear to lose from the second one. Plus I have a long drive and potentially difficult meeting tomorrow morning, but maybe I'll be more alert if I fast for it!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Awesome Total!