Leslie Sansone January 2016 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

It is January, 2016, and time to start a new monthly challenge! The first one for 2016! So lets make January an extraordinarily awesome month while we enjoy the beginning of a brand new year, with so many possibilities and hope for a brand new start of a healthy year ahead for us all!

Crisp and cold and even snowy weather is definitely here for many of us depending where we live. Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking in the snow or whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into the first month of 2016! Can you believe it :o . It is like we blinked and 2015 is gone and January is right there awaiting the turn of the calendar page... into a whole new year with new beginnings and possibilities!!

Let us start 2016 walking strong and with the determination that this will be our best year yet!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Since I seem able to meet it no matter what happens during the month, I am sticking with my same goal.
    Goal-3.5 miles/day or 108.5 miles for the month

texasgardnr I am so happy to hear that your brother has returned to work and will be able to go home to his own apartment. He must be so happy to be independent again. Enjoy your son and his family. It seems to me that my granddaughter is growing even faster than my son did if that is at all possible! :noway: Hopefully, life will return to normal for you this year as you have certainly earned it! Thanks for keeping us challenged to walk every month, even when your life made walking difficult at best! We appreciate it very much! Happy New Year.

Walk Strong Everyone :bigsmile:
  • tb139
    tb139 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My goal for this month is, at least, 30 miles. I didn't walk as much as I should in December, it's time to be more serious about my health!!! :)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    texasgardnr Thank you for getting us going.

I did not reach my weight goal in 2015 - I maintained...so I really want to achieve the next 5 pounds down. I have a medical in January so hopefully the doctor doesn't want me to lose more than that. (silly BMI charts)

So my goal is 120 miles - 10 days over 10,000 steps.

A friend wants me to go to a trainer with her, I will really have to juggle time to make that commitment because I would really like to try it to learn weight lifting and to use her machines.

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!

I'm going to set a goal for the first time really this Month. January I'm going to start small and make my target goal 50 miles. However I'm also going to try and cut out sweets as much as possible.

Here's to a strong start to the new year!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Walkers! I am in for 100 miles again.
    4/100
    Just Walk 4 Mile Power Walk....not my fav.....a little to much bouncing but I will try to work in more often. I have to wait and see how my back feels later today.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am in. 125 miles this month, I am seeing the ortho jan 7 so that may change. Happy walking!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for the 100.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi my friends I will do no less than 30 miles. Happy New Years to everyone.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thank you all for the sweet, as well as encouraging words, that you wrote <3 Truly, it certainly helps me as I read them, especially as I begin my do over in several areas of my life. I'm not waiting to begin after we have my brother situated back into his apartment. I'm starting today. My goal this month is that every day in January I will do something positive toward my Get Back to Being Healthy Again goal.

I do need to get back to taking care of myself again. One thing I did learn this past year was how easy it is to lose track of myself while being a care giver, and that it definitely was not good for me to allow that to happen. The results of doing that are definitely not pretty. As 2015 continued on I increasingly forgot to use my own oxygen mask first. Here's to a new year with a do-over.... for me and my health ;) while walking with you all in January!!! Let us walk it strong in 2016!

Today I walked 90 minutes in the mall this morning. It was cold and drizzly outside so it was the perfect time to combine my planned errand of purchasing two board games that were on an awesome sale, as well as adding in some good walking time on this first day of 2016.

I am so happy to be walking again this month with every one!

Happy New Years :flowerforyou:
  • zichab
    Options

1/1- Vivofit tracked 2.4 miles=2.4 total miles

I learned yesterday that vivofit does not track my 6 miles biking! :laugh: Guess I need to "walk the bike!"

Texasgardnr- being a care giver makes it very easy to lose track of yourself so do not feel bad about it. One of the first things I was told when caring for my late MIL was to take care of me first, but honestly, most days, I found that impossible. I had a 8 year old, a military husband and a house to take care if in addition to her. Our own lives do not stop, we just add another person who needs special care to our load. When your brother leaves, it may also take some adjusting. Be ready for the "who needs me now" thoughts that inevitably creep in. Hugs and :drinker: Brenda
  • Sherryisgettingfit
    Sherryisgettingfit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I"m in again for 100 miles for the month
    Jan. 1: 1.5 outside miles / 100
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    9/100
    2 mile walk this way
    1 mile interval walk
    1 mile express
    1 mile in home walk
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    January Goal:
    120 miles
    10 days over 10,000 steps
    Watch better for the hidden sugar and yeast.
    Measure, weigh and log foods!!

Jan 1 - 3.4 miles

Took advantage of the beautiful weather here - the sun was shinning and my dog was almost kiddy with anticipation of going for a walk.
  • Wannabealoser2
    Wannabealoser2 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I am new to this group. I had an account a long time ago, fell off the wagon, fell into a very deep depression when my dad died unexpectedly, and comfort ate myself too much.

I started walking with Leslie Sansone after Christmas since I am TERRIBLY out of shape. I am starting with one of her 1 mile videos until I can build myself up to her 2 mile ones. I ordered a couple of her DVD's to use when I buy a portable DVD player. I do her walks in the bedroom at home when I get home from work. My husband and I have also started walking outdoors a few times a week, when his back is up to it. He's a disable veteran with a very bad back after sustaining injuries in Iraq 10 years ago. Thank God he came home safely!

Anyway...back to my January goals. :D

I am setting myself a goal of 20 miles of Leslie Sansone walks.

January 2nd: 1 mile Leslie Sansone walk :D
  • Wannabealoser2
    Wannabealoser2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot to say if you want to add me as a friend for motivation, please do!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    1/1-1/2

8 miles with Leslie today
    8 Miles total with Leslie

4 miles outside today
    4 miles total outside

12 miles total- goal 125.

Happy Walking!

Bought 2 more Leslie dvds. Burn to the beat and 5 boosted miles. Will be excited to try them. I love having different ones to make the workout fun.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Welcome Wannabealoser2!

Today I walked my dog outside in the beautiful sun and a balmy -6 Celsius. Then I came in and tried out my new Leslie Sansone DVD - Tone every Zone. Did the upper body and lower body for 40 minutes.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Walked about one mile, was busy cleaning today.
  • krustyoldhag
    krustyoldhag Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    I am a newbie to this group... I think I am going to set my goal at 50 miles.
    I only have 2 Leslie DVD's - 5K With a Twist & 5 fat burning miles. <3

I am super out of shape and have been dealing with depression since my sister committed suicide 10/06/15.

I am trying to get back to health - mentally and physically. I have 70 pounds to lose! :s:o:s
    Didn't do my workout today - had a full blown migraine! What a way to start off the new year! :(

Anyway - I will get back on tomorrow!
    ~Rhonda AKA Krustyoldhag <3
  • zichab
    edited January 2016
    Options

1/1- Vivofit tracked 2.4 miles=2.4 total miles
    1/2- Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=4.4 total miles

Rhonda I am so sorry to hear about your sister. *hugs* You will find a lot of support here for getting back to health. Leslie's channel on You Tube has some 1 and 2 mile walks that you might want to try first before the 5 K with a twist. If you successfully get through 1 mile, it builds your confidence and your fitness. Working up to the 5K 1 mile at a time might make it easier for you. The 5 fat burning miles is a tough one even for those of us who are very fit so do not feel bad if you are not yet ready for that one! :noway:! We support every success here so go for it!!!

Welcome Wannabealoser2 I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's unexpected death. *hugs* It can take at least a year to get back to normal so do not be too hard on yourself. We all have life circumstances that get us off track. The key is that you are trying to get back on and we are happy to support you 1 mile at a time! Slow and steady wins in the long run! Welcome to the group!

Bandit Please be careful until you see your ortho! The 5 Boosted miles can be done "unboosted" as well you know-OK? :wink:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile: