Options

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    January Goal:
    120 miles
    10 days over 10,000 steps
    Watch better for the hidden sugar and yeast.
    Measure, weigh and log foods!!

Jan 1 - 3.4 miles
    Jan 2 - 4.8 miles - 10605 steps - 1/10

Another walk in the sun, the weather is holding at nice. Hopefully another walk today and then it is back to work on Monday....

Welcome Rhonda. So sorry about your sister (((hugs))).
  • bjcapalupo
    bjcapalupo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and i'm in too! Just recovering from bunion surgery so i am walking slow but i really want to do this. I walked Jan 1st, and 2nd so far!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Well Hi there Wannabealoser2, Rhonda AKA Krustyoldhag, and Bjcapalupo.

I opted to do a step aerobic routine this AM from Jenny Ford. That got things moving for me.

Week one 2.65 miles.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    15.5 I layered up and went to the park this morning.31 degrees did not stop me from doing 6.5 miles. Woot that felt good.

Welcome new walkers....Wannabe, Rhonda and Bjcap! Walk strong everyone.
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. I do the exercise bike already but need to lose 16 lbs desperately. I love Leslie Sansone workout tapes and have one from the library.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    I would love to join this group. I do the exercise bike already but need to lose 16 lbs desperately. I love Leslie Sansone workout tapes and have one from the library.

Hi Laura...welcome to the group. I have a few of her DVDs but I mainly use YouTube for my workouts. Walk strong.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Goal-3.5 miles/day or 108.5 miles for the month

1/1- Vivofit tracked 2.4 miles=2.4 total miles
    1/2- Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=4.4 total miles
    1/3- Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles=6.7 total miles

Walk Strong everyone! :bigsmile:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    19.5/100
    1 Mile walk this way
    3 Mile burn body fat
  • LuAOlsen
    LuAOlsen Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy New Year.
    My goal for this month is 105 miles. I am a little late getting started but no worries.
    Happy Walking to you all!
  • Wannabealoser2
    Wannabealoser2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I am new to this group. I had an account a long time ago, fell off the wagon, fell into a very deep depression when my dad died unexpectedly, and comfort ate myself too much.

I started walking with Leslie Sansone after Christmas since I am TERRIBLY out of shape. I am starting with one of her 1 mile videos until I can build myself up to her 2 mile ones. I ordered a couple of her DVD's to use when I buy a portable DVD player. I do her walks in the bedroom at home when I get home from work. My husband and I have also started walking outdoors a few times a week, when his back is up to it. He's a disable veteran with a very bad back after sustaining injuries in Iraq 10 years ago. Thank God he came home safely!

Anyway...back to my January goals. :D

I am setting myself a goal of 20 miles of Leslie Sansone walks.

January 2nd: 1 mile Leslie Sansone walk :D

January 4th: 1 mile Leslie Sansone walk

2 miles down...18 to go!!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

1/4-Vivofit tracked 2.7 miles=9.4 total miles

I flew home from Europe yesterday and surveyed the damaged of my holiday abroad! My daughter-in-law & son are such good cooks and the wine in Europe is just too delicious, sooooo I have to get rid a few "indulgences" :laugh:!!! In years past, this would have been so depressing to me that I would have just given up and gained a few more. :cry: Now, I just get right back to MFP, tighten up my logging and walk with Leslie and all of you! I am so grateful for this site!!!!

Pinky I have that 4 Mile Power Walk as well and it is not one I even put in rotation. I do not like all the bouncing either and I hate all the slow downs in the middle two miles. It is not really HIIT and I just do not feel that I have worked out very hard when I use that one.

Deeder When you are trying to cut out sweets, try adding a bit more fruit into your food choices. I experimented with new ones like pomegranates and mangos, which I had not eaten much of before. For some reason, experimenting with new ones helped a lot to reduce the withdrawal from sugary stuff.

bjcapalupo Welcome to the group and what a great start!!!!

LuAOlsen Welcome to the group and you are never too late for us!!! You can jump in anytime!

Wannabealoser Look at you!!!!! 2 miles down one at a time and going strong!!!! Congratulations! :drinker:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    January Goal:
    120 miles

Jan 1 - 3.4 miles
    Jan 3 - 3.7 miles
    Jan 4 - 1.7 miles....ugh!!! At work :(
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    zichab wrote: »

1/4-Vivofit tracked 2.7 miles=9.4 total miles

I flew home from Europe yesterday and surveyed the damaged of my holiday abroad! My daughter-in-law & son are such good cooks and the wine in Europe is just too delicious, sooooo I have to get rid a few "indulgences" :laugh:!!! In years past, this would have been so depressing to me that I would have just given up and gained a few more. :cry: Now, I just get right back to MFP, tighten up my logging and walk with Leslie and all of you! I am so grateful for this site!!!!

Brenda - Thank you, you are such an inspiration here. I too gained over the holidays, but I will just get back to logging and exercising. Together we will lose!! :)
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    24.5/100
    2 Mile Walk This Way
    3 Mile Heart Assoc Walk
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! I got my 30 minutes of walking in yesterday! Started with LS Walk it off in 30. On tues, thurs, sat this program does strength. I'm thinking about doing a 1 mile walk first?

I need to get some more of her DVDs in my collection... does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a goal of working out 6 x per week... and at least 30 miles per week... I don't want to fail so I set my goal small this month!

Keep on Walking!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is Leslie sansone Just walk Mix & Match walk blasters it has 10 mini walks on it. plus it has @zichab favorite guy Nick on it. I can fit as much as I have time for.

My second favorite is Ultimate 5 day walk plan though There is one mile I chose not to do mainly as it has a lot of jumping which is too hard for my leg.

My least favorite is her 4 mile power walk I have it back on the shelf.

I don't purchase my dvd's from here but they have clips of most of Leslie's videos so you can see if it's something you would like. Totalfitnessdvd's.com
  • Deeder522
    Options
    zichab wrote: »

Deeder When you are trying to cut out sweets, try adding a bit more fruit into your food choices. I experimented with new ones like pomegranates and mangos, which I had not eaten much of before. For some reason, experimenting with new ones helped a lot to reduce the withdrawal from sugary stuff.

Thanks for the hint. We picked up a small bag of honey crisp apples. Had 2 yesterday. 5 Days in and no soda so far. :)
  • Deeder522
    Options
    coopscoopc wrote: »
    Hey everyone!!! I got my 30 minutes of walking in yesterday! Started with LS Walk it off in 30. On tues, thurs, sat this program does strength. I'm thinking about doing a 1 mile walk first?

I need to get some more of her DVDs in my collection... does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a goal of working out 6 x per week... and at least 30 miles per week... I don't want to fail so I set my goal small this month!

Keep on Walking!

I like her Walk Slim 1,2 and 3 Miles. I have the 10 mini walks but haven't tried those yet as well as the Walk to the Hits.
  • Wannabealoser2
    Wannabealoser2 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I am new to this group. I had an account a long time ago, fell off the wagon, fell into a very deep depression when my dad died unexpectedly, and comfort ate myself too much.

I started walking with Leslie Sansone after Christmas since I am TERRIBLY out of shape. I am starting with one of her 1 mile videos until I can build myself up to her 2 mile ones. I ordered a couple of her DVD's to use when I buy a portable DVD player. I do her walks in the bedroom at home when I get home from work. My husband and I have also started walking outdoors a few times a week, when his back is up to it. He's a disable veteran with a very bad back after sustaining injuries in Iraq 10 years ago. Thank God he came home safely!

Anyway...back to my January goals. :D

I am setting myself a goal of 20 miles of Leslie Sansone walks.

January 2nd: 1 mile Leslie Sansone walk :D

January 4th: 1 mile Leslie Sansone walk

2 miles down...18 to go!!

January 5th: 1 mile Leslie Sansone walk

3 miles down...17 to go!!!

I got my two new Leslie Sansone DVD's I bought from Amazon today. The mile I walked today was from one of them. I actually liked it better than the YouTube video I was walking. I have the Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection and the Leslie Sansone: Mix & Match Walk Blasters. Looking forward to advancing to two miles. Not quite there yet, but I'm getting there.

This is fun! LOL

Thanks for the inspiration and the warm welcomes from everyone!
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    January Goal:
    120 miles

Jan 1 - 3.4 miles
    Jan 3 - 3.7 miles
    Jan 4 - 1.7 miles....ugh!!! At work :(
    Jan 5 - 5 miles - 11156 steps - 2/10