So...what does everyone's name mean

Options

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @GaleHawkins, I should have remembered that one! Too late for me, lol! Word to the wise: if you decide to consume alcohol after being in ketosis for a few months, stay away from mfp, lol! Plus, know that it usually takes much less alcohol that it did pre keto! Nuff said!
  • jrloveless
    jrloveless Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    mine is my author pseudonym. :)
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Mine is a reminder that the choice is mine, in everything, and not to leave things up to chance. I have this tattood on my arm as a daily reminder.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    @GaleHawkins, I should have remembered that one! Too late for me, lol! Word to the wise: if you decide to consume alcohol after being in ketosis for a few months, stay away from mfp, lol! Plus, know that it usually takes much less alcohol that it did pre keto! Nuff said!

Thanks for the heads up but that is one food source I never developed a need for over the years thankfully. I have enough trouble walking a straight line without alcohol. :)

I to have fun reading some of the names and trying to figure them out.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I meant about myself, and my experiences with alcohol and posting here! Lol, not you at all @GaleHawkins! Please forgive the misunderstanding!

I enjoy learning the meaning behind the names too! :blush:
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    But you were so entertaining under the influence @Karlottap ! I was worried about you that time though !
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I have an outside job In Texas. Many years ago it was in the full blown heat of summer and we had a very slim chance of rain. I did a 10 minute rain dance and it rained. So my coworkers called me raindancer from then on. Never worked again...lol
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant about myself, and my experiences with alcohol and posting here! Lol, not you at all @GaleHawkins! Please forgive the misunderstanding!

I enjoy learning the meaning behind the names too! :blush:

Hey you made a good point. There is nothing to forgive. All my uncles suffered from alcohol abuse on my dad's side and he stopped drinking at the age of 16 being a baby brother to most of his brothers. I was never around alcohol until after high school and being a teetotaler by then saved me I guess from that danger. Hey I figured out other ways to abuse carbs however. :(
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My name is Sue & this whole journey brings a new image of myself physically but also I need to have a mental new image.
    I got the inspiration for new image from the protein shake's & recipes for LC eating being their brand name.
  • Mamarose1900
    Mamarose1900 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mine is an homage to my grandmother. I inherited my excellent palate from her. Unfortunately I didn't inherit her green thumb, but I learned about fresh food and what good food tastes like from all the food she cooked from her garden. It's mostly her fault that I pursued my hobby of cooking. I pestered the teachers at the cooking school I used to work at for help in growing as a chef. And I took as many classes as I could fit around my work schedule. The name came about because her daughters called her "Mama" and "Rose" was her first name. "1900" was the year she was born.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am a Ms. and I am a smartmouth , smarta$$ smartypants so I wanted it to sound a lil bit better so I came up with Ms_smartypants :)
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    My is super fancy. :D It is my name (Emily) and my wedding anniversary (3-9-07).
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Guess where I was when I first set up my mfp account? I had no clue that funky names without your real name in were an option. If I did, mine would have been cappuccino or GnT. Now I am on a diet with no coffee, no alcohol and no sugar, probably good mine is just first name and where I was, India.
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I want to be slim again

sonic was a nick name many moons ago when I was thin & had spiky hair like sonic the hedgehog!

Real name is Sonya.
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Fat Chihuahua Mom-I have 3 chihuahuas, a mini Aussie and 3 cats
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Initials--BAT, I'm a lady, and born in 49!
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    phx = Phoenix, Arizona
    teach = what consumes my time - I teach high school French and Spanish.
  • ibelieveinlowcarb
    ibelieveinlowcarb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    just picked this name because it was all I could think of!! At that moment it was to change from my whole name to something anonymous and boring. That pic was from awhile ago and I thought it was funny cuz I needed a lot of help to get going. Shall change eventually when I figure out how to change all that stuff. I can hardly find this thread. But will also eventually figure it out. Just recent retired and so much to do and so little time to do it, as they say.
    Looking after myself finally, is the priority right now.
    Working out so far. Love to treadmill and watch netflix. one show 58 min.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Rebooting this - so newbies, or at least since this thread, tell us what your names mean!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    mine is another boring one - my initials 'ccr' and I collect dragon figurines (no - I was not named after that stupid band!! ;) )