Rock Your Resolution: January Challenge, Week 1 (1/1-1/7)

Options

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    January 7 summary
    SW: 150.6 (11/2, started keto)
    CW: 135.8
    GW for January (and beyond): 133

Calories: 1200/1350
    Carbs: 21gm net
    Exercise: Met goal; 10 mins yoga.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Starting Weight: 138.2 lbs on 1/1
    Overall Scale Goal: 125 lbs (hoping by late Spring)

WoE Goals / Life Goals:
    Write - Sitting down to write every day is the key!
    Hydrate - I adjusted my water goal (based on my weight) to 67oz/day.
    Step goals - 5,000 steps per day (moderate challenge based on my lifestyle)
    Activity - Some form of "going out of my way to not sit still." I want to get back to bodyweight strength training, so hopefully I report a lot of that. Basic stuff is just "park far away" (but now that the temperature is dropping even that will be extra effort!).
    Logging - Logging my weight and my food daily. I almost brushed off logging food this month because I'm following the Ketovangelist's meal plan, but it would feel weird to have such a gap in my data. And I'm glad I did, because I didn't realize I need to watch how I combine the recipes so I don't go above keto levels by accident. I think Brian counts net but I prefer to look at total since the numbers are probably lowballed anyway.
    Daily NSVs - Making unique affirmations about the changes I see as a result of this WOE so I don't focus on the scale.

Thursday, Jan 7:
    [ ] Write
    [√] Hydrate: 109/67
    [ ] Step goals: 3,753/5,000
    [ ] Activity: nooooot reeeeeeaaaally
    [√] Logging: Weight (138.0), Macros C/F/P (8%/69%/23%)
    [√] Daily NSVs: I think I've done this before but it's earned itself back again. The front of my office building has these dark glass doors so I see my silhouette as I come up the stairs and go inside. I've really been proud of how my legs look in the mirror. Like, if I saw that person walking down the street (even though she's awfully short), I'd say she had nice slim legs. <3

Not my best day yesterday, but it's shark week so I'm giving myself some leeway to be a little lazy if I need to be ;)
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    End of week check in,

Exercised 4 of the 7 days
    Carbs in the 20-30 grams range 5 out of 7
    Weight loss -1
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Checking in: I did the Egg fast Monday through Wednesday. I didn't lose a lot, maybe 2 1/2- 3 lbs but the big thing is I feel way more in control now. Christmas cookies- Chocolate chip to be specific, are my kryptonite. I consiously chose to eat them and eat them I did. I did not hold back. I had my DH take them to work with him on Monday, so they are officially gone.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JAN 8 FRIDAY!!

SW: 150.0
    CW: 150.0
    GW for January: 5 pounds
    Calories Goal Met: Only 137 over.
    Carbs, Macros Met: YES!
    Exercise. Does thinking about it count? Nope.

Still nothing on the scale, but I've stopped going up, so that's progress. This weekend will turn the tide. Funny, I "feel" lighter today. Ate a ton of HF meats yesterday, so energy level is back. Lot's of weird dreams last night. I've always thought eating meat before bed and vivid dream states are linked. All the sweets and carbage is gone from the house. Back at it.
  • fangirlish
    fangirlish Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Checking in after completing week 1: my goals were to focus on getting back into eating keto and logging daily - both of these have been accomplished. Another goal was to increase activity by 20 minutes a day and I partially accomplished that by riding a bike 4 times. The most exciting thing, though, is that I'm down 4 pounds in one week!
  • SelfHelpJunky
    SelfHelpJunky Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone!!

Goals for this month:
    1) Eat <20g net carbs a day.
    2) Weigh weekly on Wednesday.
    3) Lose 5 pounds this month.
    4) No alcohol

1) On track since January 2!
    2) 226.2, down from 229.2 on Wednesday!
    3) 3 pounds lost, 2 more pounds to goal!
    4) On track since January 2

I'm starting to get some low carb/keto flu symptoms so I am going to prep some broth. Forgot my water bottle today, grrr! I'm going through a lot of challenges at work and home but I LOVE having my eating under control--it's all so much easier to tackle when I'm not dealing with hunger and cravings all day.

Happy 2016, everyone!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10310738/rock-your-resolution-january-challenge-week-2-1-8-1-14?new=1

New week is up.
    Sorry it is late. I'm sick.

This week was a complete bust for me. My birthday was Jan 1, and I ate crap. Then I rushed around the next couple days trying to prepare for the trip. The TOM cravings were mad-evil and I wanted to eat everything. I stayed on plan but ate and drank too much. Monday morning in snowy weather we went down to the SC coast. It was stressful as DH was stressed and crabby. My mother was in better shape but I caught her multiple times eating carby crap (she's diabetic). All of her health problems are results of diabetes, so seeing her sneaking chips and cookies while dad isn't looking pissed me off. He keeps saying she's trying. Ballocks.

I visited my grandmother in the hospital, but she slept for hours and didn't ever know I was there. I stayed as long as I could but I had to get back to the kids. At least they will tell her I came down to see her. I got to hear that they've been majorly down-playing her health for the past 6 months. 2 heartattacks and a stroke in addition to the gangrene in the toe. Constant pain to the point of crying and asking the Lord to take her.
    Didn't even get an email. They make me so mad. I KNOW I live too far away to do anything, but she IS my grandmother! (I still live in the old hometown in Appalachia. My parents moved to Grams's gated community to "help her.") Those people are emotionally dysfunctional in the extreme...

Dad went to see her at 6am the next morning, and she wasn't very coherent. She won't eat or take her pills. Even the nurses seem concerned. She is tired and heart-sick. Dad wouldn't be surprised if they transfer her out of the rehab hospital because of non compliance and she end up in a nursing home. We had to go back shortly after Dad returned from the hospital. I asked him to email me how she is doing since then. No word from him. That pissed me off too, but I can't make people do what I want. It wasn't me who moved away. Grandma and Grandfather (God rest his soul. He made us call him just that. Such a stodgy-face!) lived in MD (which is where mom and dad are from) and then SC, so they were never here. A visit to the TN Appy's would have been "slumming."

So we made the long drive back home (6hr 30 min). I was busy with dd13's orthodontist appt yesterday and getting things unpacked and running necessary errands (like groceries-mainly meat for the week). I started coming down with the evil cold/sore-throat virus the kids had and I feel like ROADKILL today. But I did get a kettlebell workout AND and hour walk in yesterday which was the first time in DAYS I finally got to workout. Hoping to manage a short HIIT cardio workout later if I can drag myself off the couch. Blurgh.

With all the wanting to EAT ALL THE FOODS last week, and the inability to log due to no wi-fi, and the 3 days of nasty fast food, I'm up to 159 this morning and not happy at all. But I got a good solid 30g day in yesterday. I'm back to doing what I should and hopefully the weight will come back down soon. I'm just going to have to mark-time in my pursuit of MOAR MUSCLE to get my weight back down.

I'm hoping the crank down to 30g will help get rid of some of the carb-cravings I've had. I want a solid month of ketosis. I want the strength to say F-you to my youngest son's birthday cake in February and to the cashews SIL got me for Christmas. I want to go 100 days strict keto.

I need to get back to homeschooling. There's another can of worms I could talk about forever so I'll spare you. Some days I want to drop them on the school system's doorstep and say "Good friggin' luck!" That's only because I can't use the curriculum I want and haven't in years. DH expects me to use free resources (library and online) to make my own. It's time consuming and hard. Makes me dread it. That's the short version. We have zero homeschooling support here in my neck of the woods. What there is is a few towns over and costs quite a bit. If DH isn't willing to drop $$ on curriculum then that isn't going to happen either. URGH. It takes all the joy out of it. That Dugger family with all those kids homeschools, right? Well THEY use a curriculum with answer keys and lesson plans. :rage:

Anyway. The "drama dump" is over.
    Have a great week. :smile: See you in the new thread.

• glossbones
    Options
    Yikes, what a ton of *kitten* you had dumped on you! Just remember that what you put in your mouth is the ONE THING you CAN control! You'll get back to it, do it for you! You deserve the benefits of what Keto and Low Carb can bring you!
  • Rachelt70
    Rachelt70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First, to get back to my low carb lifestyle...I abandoned it while pregnant. Second half, to lose the baby weight plus. Approximately 45 pounds to lose.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    @baconslave I threaten my kids with school often. LOL the threatened loss of free time is often how I get them working. They know they have it good. We can get through schoolwork quickly with only three kids to work with ;)

Hang in there. 2016 has got to get better soon!
  • baconslave
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    @baconslave I threaten my kids with school often. LOL the threatened loss of free time is often how I get them working. They know they have it good. We can get through schoolwork quickly with only three kids to work with ;)

Hang in there. 2016 has got to get better soon!

Yeah. I'm wondering with so much crap crammed into January, if I can get most of this year's BS done with by the 31st. :lol: Wouldn't that be nice?
  • ryansmama04
    ryansmama04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 30 pounds by my birthday(April) then we'll talk about the other 70.
    I would like to keep up the 5 days a week cardio I've been doing for the last month even when I feel like crap at the beginning of a new low carb start(Monday)
    I just want to be healthy so I can play with my babies more. I've spent 33 years being lazy and I don't want to go back to that
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    May I jump in, I know I'm late...

January Goals:

Goal #1: brush my teeth after each meal at least 5 times a week.
    Goal #2: work out twice a day at least 3 days a week
    Goal #3: save money: no eating out other then on a work weekend (because I overspent last month so badly), cook with the meat that's frozen in my freezer, make my own coffee, avoid buying new clothing.
    Goal #4: avoid dairy, kind of broke it these last two days with a piece of cheese, but now that it's gone, no more cheeses for me until the end of the month.

End of week 1:
    Goal number 1: I'm at 5 as of tonight.
    Goal number 2: I think I only managed 2, but I worked out every day since 1 Jan.
    Goal number 3: Did good. But this weekend is a work weekend, so I will be heading out to lunch, dinner, and then lunch again on Sunday.
    Goal number 4: had a bunch of manchego Tuesday and Wednesday, and on Thursday The Man made me a salad with ranch dressing and a bit of cheese. At least I'm not nomming blocks of cheese daily. I'll do better next week.

On the bright side, stayed at 165, which means I didn't gain over the holidays, and what's even better - I'm close to my shark week, which usually drives my weight up by about 5-10 lb. Here's hoping for a whoosh next week after sharks leave town! !!!

Have a great weekend, ya'll!
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I'm back.
  • baconslave
    Options
    I'm here. I'm back.

Welcome back!
  • SharoninBeaufort
    SharoninBeaufort Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    2016 Resolution -
    Build the habits DAILY needed to achieve optimal health and expand my horizons.

I will do this by:
    daily exercise of at least 45 minutes
    tracking 100% of my food/beverages and keeping carbs under 75g (I will probably go lower but starting there)
    Meditating daily for stress relief and to improve focus
    Making sure I get 7-8 hours of sleep per night (my biggest challenge)
  • tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    New to MFP. Not new to LCHF.
    Goals/Resolutions:
    login and track intake/output
    Drink water- half of my body weight in ounces per day. That's a lot of water!
    Drop 6-8 pounds per month
    Continue working out 3-5 days per week.
  • glossbones
    Options
    Hey, what happened to my report I posted yesterday? Crapspackle! Okay, hopefully I can remember the NSVs..

Starting Weight: 138.2 lbs on 1/1
    Overall Scale Goal: 125 lbs (hoping by late Spring)

WoE Goals / Life Goals:
    Write - Sitting down to write every day is the key!
    Hydrate - I adjusted my water goal (based on my weight) to 67oz/day.
    Step goals - 5,000 steps per day (moderate challenge based on my lifestyle)
    Activity - Some form of "going out of my way to not sit still." I want to get back to bodyweight strength training, so hopefully I report a lot of that. Basic stuff is just "park far away" (but now that the temperature is dropping even that will be extra effort!).
    Logging - Logging my weight and my food daily. I almost brushed off logging food this month because I'm following the Ketovangelist's meal plan, but it would feel weird to have such a gap in my data. And I'm glad I did, because I didn't realize I need to watch how I combine the recipes so I don't go above keto levels by accident. I think Brian counts net but I prefer to look at total since the numbers are probably lowballed anyway.
    Daily NSVs - Making unique affirmations about the changes I see as a result of this WOE so I don't focus on the scale.

Friday, Jan 8:
    [ ] Write
    [√] Hydrate: 85.5/67
    [ ] Step goals: 3,361/5,000
    [ ] Activity: nothing notable. Was in a hurry so I parked close to stores and everything.
    [√] Logging: Weight (138.6), Macros C/F/P (6%/78%/16%)
    [√] Daily NSVs: I've been cooking a lot of new recipes and stuff for my family to help them all eat better. I'm enjoying experimenting (tonight's Ketovangelist version of the Fathead pizza crust was AMAZING) but mostly I'm just really happy that none of these recipes are triggering me to want carbage. Mostly I'd just like a day off where I only eat eggs, bacon, rib eye, and butter. Maybe some hollandaise or bechamel. GIVE ME THE FAT.

Saturday, Jan 9:
    [√] Write
    [√] Hydrate: 61/67
    [√] Step goals: 7,296/5,000
    [√] Activity: mall-walking with my husband
    [√] Logging: Weight (138.6), Macros C/F/P (5%/73%/22%)
    [√] Daily NSVs: Today I had such fantastic mental clarity and focus that I handled such *kitten* as I would not have been able to handle before, and this was DURING shark week. AND we socialized. AND we ate out at dinner and I ordered a bunless cheddar bacon jalapeno burger, forgot to ask for a substitution on the fries, and totally sat there without considering the fries any more than if they'd been (bulky) garnish on the plate.

Sunday, Jan 10:
    [√] Write (well not much, I tried but my distended food belly made me just fall asleep)
    [√] Hydrate: 86/67
    [ ] Step goals: 4,273/5,000
    [√] Activity: chores, grocery shopping
    [√] Logging: Weight (138.2), Macros C/F/P (4%/79%/17%)
    [√] Daily NSVs: Waaaaay overate today. My total carbs were still only 25g. :D

Monday, Jan 10:
    [√] Write (little bit of writer's block about a scene but I did write some notes to try and get through it.. oh! And I wrote POETRY for the first time in YEARS, inspired by Bowie's death and Black Star album)
    [√] Hydrate: 85.5/67
    [ ] Step goals: 3,361/5,000
    [√] Activity: Parked far(ish) away and such, took extra trips to the kitchen at work (one for the bathroom, one for my water bottle refill, one to get tea, etc)
    [√] Logging: Weight (140.0), Macros C/F/P (6%/79%/14%)
    [√] Daily NSVs: My fat cat helped me realize I've lost weight equivalent to him (18lb), his sister (9lb), and a brick of butter (1 lb). Okay maybe that's a scale victory but when you actually GROK what that means, it is more than a gravitational measure (except that the realization came when the fat cat was sitting on my stomach when I had overeaten the night before and that was definitely all about the crushing weight of Earth's pull on my cat)!

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    oops wrong thread.