Introduce yourself

Options
12345679»

Replies

• ChinaCass
    ChinaCass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm cass and I've just recently been diagnosed BN, though I've been struggling with this illness for 2 years now. I'm still in the process of losing weight but I'm hoping to alter my thoughts surrounding food into more positive ones eventually! Im still incredibly obsessive avout counting calories and weighing myself but im hoping to eventually cut down and even cut this out of my life for good. It's going to be a long process, but I'm hoping with lots of support from friends, family and now with this group I can overcome this :)
  • artsyfarts700
    artsyfarts700 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and still struggle with an ED
  • Carren591
    Carren591 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm new to MFP. I'm Carren, and I'm 21. I first started presenting with my eating disorder when I was 15. I was diagnosed with Anorexia, but have been in recovery (recovered?) for the past three years. I'm currently experiencing a bit of a relapse because of all the weight gain. I am just looking to rebecome part of this community supporting those in recovery and listening to those who aren't ready to make that leap. So friend request me! I like imaginary hugs :)
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Rebecca. I don't think I have introduced myself here before, if I have please forgive me as I am just coming back to this group. I am 32 and was diagnosed when I was in my mid 20's with ednos bulimia type as I am well too much overweight to use ana, even though I would restrict at that time more than anything. Currently I am struggling yet again with these things. So I am here to try and figure it all out. I hope you are all well :)
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My name is Nicole and I'm here because I'm trying to heal up from some really disordered eating behaviors and body image issues.
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thought I posted in here months ago. Guess I had some connection trouble or...something.

At any rate, I'm a boy named Rose - or at least, that's an online alias. I don't really want to give out much real information because I don't need certain people who track me online finding out I have this disorder...because I have terrible luck with meeting terrible people; that's really all I have to say on the matter for now.

I have EDNOS/OSFED and in my case what it means is that I cycle through nearly every disordered behavior in the book. I...don't think I've ever had a healthy relationship with food - I grew up with a mother who thought eating healthy would feed sickness and a father who's one of those lucky jerks who can subsist on almost nothing but steak and candy with minimal consequences; they taught me to eat whatever I wanted and I was left believing that if I gained weight it had nothing to do with that; it was just a personal failure of some kind. Now, I'm about 9 months away from getting married and I'm trying to use this as a reason to recover once and for all.

It's scary. The way I look is a huge factor into why I ended up with my disorder being what it is. If I don't get healthy AND lose the weight anyway, I'm afraid I won't be able to look at the wedding album without being disgusted with myself. It makes me want to relapse into over-restricting, but...I know that's not the answer. I just need to keep reminding myself of that.
  • immortalgalaxies
    immortalgalaxies Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,I guess I should get on with introducing myself. My name is Vinny but you can also call me Crow or Zaphod & I've been diagnosed with OSFED/EDNOS (on the anorexic side) & pica & I've been struggling more with my EDNOS recently. I struggle with a lot of mental issues such as psychotic depression,autism,ptsd,& dissociative identity disorder which does have a tendency to lead to an eating disorder. I'm really trying to lose weight & normally I do it in a healthy manner but at times my anorexic tendencies spike back up.

I've joined here because I'm really looking for support & advice on recovering
  • kdm071993
    kdm071993 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m Kara I have had disordered eating since I was a child. I was diagnosed with anorexia binge purge subtype when I was in my early teens then developed bulimia. I want to recover and meet people on here to help motivate each other to get well :)