Options

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You should be called: Sam or night_watcher :smiley:
    You are from (Timezone): PST
    Your weigh in day: Tuesday
    Favorite exercise: Weight training craze has recently started.
    Favorite healthy food: Eggs & Milk
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc):Once i get off track, its hard to get back on.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): I already am :)
    Goal for the week: Follow my meal plans and kill it in gym.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Up weight lifts on arms.
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: a total of 312

@kdcomstock89 ooo, if i dont eat healthy breakfast, i tend to eat a lot in evening.
    @justrollme bellydancing, i try doing it, it's an art, because it seems easy but it sure as hell not.
    @dujyandco its the total budget of calories (post exercise). You need protein to re-build your muscles so that next your body is stronger when you do the same exercise. I think all you questions are perfectly answered by @L_Master
    @starfishwendy Ive been wanting to pick up kickboxing since 2 years, sadly i cant find a gym here which gives beginner lessons...
    @L_Master you forgot your favorite healthy food :P or there isnt any? :no_mouth:

I am so happy to be doing this the third time. I am part of all the teams, so you guys will be seeing me around and everywhere.

I know by all means that weightloss takes time, This time i am striving to be healthier and slimmer at the same time. I'll see you guys around :)

Thanks again for setting up the challenge! It's motivation :):)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    L_Master wrote: »
    Oh, I did. FRUITS!

Namely berries. Blackberries, strawberries, rasberries, and especially blueberries.

I'm that obnoxious guy that literally buys 20-30 containers of berries when they go on the $1/container sales they have occasionally here in CO

I am just the same!!! could eat them all day long )
  • mia2xtran
    mia2xtran Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You should be called: Mia
    Your weigh in day: jan 4
    Favorite exercise: dancing
    Favorite healthy food: turnip green, steamed broccoli
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): when i don't eat enough carb, i feel tired and dizzy even though i don't like carb
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): no
    Goal for the week: lose 1lb at least and 0.5 in off my tummy
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): lose some weight and adapt to a healthier lifestyle and help the team win!
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:
    Waist 29.5
    Hip 35
    Thigh 22
    (Height 4ft11)
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You should be called: Bee or Beeruin
    Your weigh in day: Wed
    Favorite exercise: any class. I like the variety and don't cut corners. I tend not to push myself if i am exercising solo.
    Favorite healthy food: cherry tomatoes
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): grazing throughout the day. A chip here, a cheese stick there, the crust of a kid's pizza, etc.
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): no
    Goal for the week: hit calories goal 5 days
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): get under 200lbs
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: TBD (will measure once I get the kids to school and update)
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Breakfast (same as usual, morning smoothie!):

z4rrgob2kj8o.jpg

....and then it's much prettier later. :)

uapq6axj0gc5.jpg

Today's combination is spinach, carrots, banana, blueberries, orange juice, plain, no-fat greek yogurt (my next container was in the freezer, so had to take it out and use the tillamook this morning), mango, and kiwi (most all organic, if that matters to anyone besides me).
    I eat/drink all of it, unless my daughter wants some. Usually over a few hours, depending on how much it makes. :)
  • jbaker436
    jbaker436 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You should be called: Joyce or jbaker436
    You are from (Timezone): Missouri CST
    Your weigh in day: Tuesday
    Favorite exercise: Walking
    Favorite healthy food: A great big salad, preferably with salsa as dressing.
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Evening snacking / motivation-time to exercise
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): No
    Goal for the week: Complete 4 workouts
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): lose 1 lb per week
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements: TBA
    Daily Challenge-Monday Relatively breakfast with egg omelette incl. scallions and mushrooms. 1/2 piece bacon.

Hope everyone's having a great day and off to good start! :)
  • dujyandco
    Options
    When I first started really walking, a couple of months ago, (brisk-paced, five to seven miles at a stretch), I loved how I'd fall into bed so wonderfully tired at night. It felt so good!
    Now I don't get that as often, as I'm acclimating, but today I got to experience my current favorite-- doing my aerobics downstairs, heart rate up, carrying those weights, breathing and blowing, and having sweat drip down my face. :)
    Yes!! So dang satisfying.
    I'd love to hear about your favorite!
    :) Stephanie
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    dujyandco wrote: »
    Breakfast (same as usual, morning smoothie!):

z4rrgob2kj8o.jpg

....and then it's much prettier later. :)

uapq6axj0gc5.jpg

Today's combination is spinach, carrots, banana, blueberries, orange juice, plain, no-fat greek yogurt (my next container was in the freezer, so had to take it out and use the tillamook this morning), mango, and kiwi (most all organic, if that matters to anyone besides me).
    I eat/drink all of it, unless my daughter wants some. Usually over a few hours, depending on how much it makes. :)

Very nice, I am a big fan of smoothies (especially green) but I tend to have them only when it's warmer! Yours look really nice!

For breakfast (no picture sorry), I had something called "Budwig cream", which is a kind of raw breakfast: organic yoghurt, flax oil & seeds, fruit bits (apple and banana this morning), cashew nuts, lemon juice, buckwheat seeds, and sunflower seeds). It's very complete and all raw, so yoour digestive system works longer to proccess it and you're not hungry until late :)
  • dujyandco
    Options
    @HealthyGinny , seeds are something I definitely need to learn about, and am interested in. I don't toss in any, at the moment. That and wheatgrass. I'd love to have a box growing in the kitchen!
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    @HealthyGinny , seeds are something I definitely need to learn about, and am interested in. I don't toss in any, at the moment. That and wheatgrass. I'd love to have a box growing in the kitchen!

Tbh, since I have starting to try seeds, I toss them in everything! Love chia seeds in my green smoothie - tasteless and healthy! Deffo try it if you can this month!! x
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    @jbaker436 nice goals! and I love omelettes too :)
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    No breakfast, but I had a nice lunch:

Large bowl of chili
    Salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomamto, mushroom)
    Banana
    Air popped popcorn PB&J

Tasty!
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    @dujyandco your smoothie looks soooo pretty and yummy!

I'm hit or miss with breakfast, sometimes I skip it entirely and swap those calories into lunch or dinner or even snacks. The past few days, I've been eating a really delicious black bean soup that I made in my slowcooker. I love it so much that I think I'm going to make it again in a few days. I followed the recipe here: Link! with the exception that I added some frozen super sweet corn and some chopped red bell pepper to it. Soooo gooooood.

This morning's scale check gave me some good news, but I really don't think about that too much, because even though I check every day, I only record on Saturdays. (Because it can vary so much day-to-day!)

Hope everyone had a fantastic start to their week! :smiley:
  • dujyandco
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mmhmm, @justrollme.... brownish green chunks is always sooooo lovely! :)

I'm not a breakfaster, either, usually (aside from my love for a Sunday morning omelette and hashbrowns) but since I've been Go!ing, I often put 8 or 9 miles in before noon, and I definitely have to be fueled up for that!
    (Well--it's more peaceful that way, anyway. I don't come in running over everyone in my path to get to the kitchen!)
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,734 Member
    Options
    I make sure I always have breakfast, today I had oatmeal. For lunch I usually have whole wheat wraps or pitas--- avocado or hummus and assorted vegetables. Lots of water.
  • dujyandco
    Options
    Good for you, Sue! Sounds like excellent energy food.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options

I'm not a breakfaster, either, usually (aside from my love for a Sunday morning omelette and hashbrowns) but since I've been Go!ing, I often put 8 or 9 miles in before noon, and I definitely have to be fueled up for that!
    (Well--it's more peaceful that way, anyway. I don't come in running over everyone in my path to get to the kitchen!)

That is fantastic!! Love your commitment!
  • starfishwendy
    starfishwendy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I got a cool ninja blender for Christmas so I've been doing mostly smoothies for breakfast. This morning I had strawberry protein and add in Greek yogurt and kale. It was really disgusting. Probably won't be adding it into my regular rotation. I love hearing what you guys are blending to get new ideas. I just remembered that I have some Chia seeds I will have to throw in tomorrow.
  • dujyandco
    Options
    Got my info put into the database!
    On my steps I was over my (23k) goal... like 10 servings of fruits and veggies, loads of water today... pretty good on my protein (78%).... and a little over/under my 500 calorie (desired) cushion... coming in at 464 calories left, maybe a few more after the day's adjustments..... A pretty good start to our 35 days!
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options

This is like my dad. He is retired, but HATES the cold. When it's below 50 he doesn't want to go outside, but is trying to maintain his activity (and I think be a little competetive) and has been doing about 50k steps/day average. Usually is shooting to be at 30k by noon.

This discussion has been closed.