The Vicious Yellow Platoon

Options

Replies

• dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @starfishwendy ... lame! I'm sorry you wasted your goods on a terrible smoothie! :/ How irritating.
    Hopefully you'll get some good ideas! Mine are high in sugar, so would be unpopular, but it's the best way for me to get a jumpstart on my veggies, and get all the good stuff in my diet. Aside from smoothies and a v8 juice I make, I eat salads and potatoes, and that's about it.
  • dujyandco
    Options
    @L_Master said "...has been doing about 50k steps/day average...." Oof! 50k!!! Good grief. That's huge. :) I do a measly 10-14 miles per day, usually.
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »
    Link![/url] with the exception that I added some frozen super sweet corn and some chopped red bell pepper to it. Soooo gooooood. :

This looks really good. I am going to put some on this week! Thanks for sharing the link.
  • beeruin
    Options
    Today I had coffee for breakfast, but it was a conscious choice because I was meeting girlfriends for an early lunch. At lunch I choose a grilled salmon wrap with side salad (instead of fries). I feel good about that choice. I snacked on fruit this afternoon instead of grazing on the other high calorie, low nutritional options.

For a day 1 I am feeling fairly pleased. :)
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hey team, it seems like all of you guys are sleeping when i am up :P this time difference is a strange strange thing, so for monday i had omlete wrapped brown bread for breakfast with milk. I forgot to take pic, oh well. Today is my gym day, i'll be walking to my gym instead of taking metro to fill up that 1 km walk.

@dujyandco that's and awesome start.
    @L_Master that lunch sounds yummy.
    @justrollme ive got to try that soup :)
    @HealthyGinny you're breakfast is really super super healthy. I love having fruit in the morning.

Team, youve done awesome first day, so 1 day down, 34 days to go! Let's rock n roll
  • night_watcher
    Options
    @beeruin *High five for such healthy choices :) great job!
  • beeruin
    Options
    @beeruin *High five for such healthy choices :) great job!

Thanks!

Quick question, today was the first time I even found out there was a macros tab under my daily nutrition. I see how that is useful Info for me to have. Wondering though, how do I use that to input for the challenge?
  • beeruin
    Options
    ... Today is my gym day, i'll be walking to my gym instead of taking metro to fill up that 1 km walk.

I love this, a pre-workout, workout!
  • night_watcher
    Options
    @beeruin you need to have a macro that you're focusing on, like i focus on protein, so my target daily is to have atleast 70 grams of protein, if i hit that thats a 100% success for me on that day
  • moremonica
    moremonica Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am excited to be in this challenge. I just got off the plane this morning and have been flying for two days - PLANE FOOD - YIKES!

You should be called: Monica
    You are from (Timezone): Australia EST
    Your weigh in day: Sunday AUS (Saturday USA)
    Favorite exercise: tennis
    Favorite healthy food: cherries
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): too much eating out, emo eating
    Do you want to be the team motivator? (Yes/No): No
    Goal for the week: Run two times, post my food
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): lose 1 pound per week
    First Day Side Challenge >> Post your starting measurements:

Chest 47
    Waist 43
    Hips 55

So, I spent the first two days of the challenge traveling which isn't great. But it is 100* tomorrow, the sun is out and I am excited to start the new year.
  • night_watcher
    Options
    moremonica wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I am excited to be in this challenge. I just got off the plane this morning and have been flying for two days - PLANE FOOD - YIKES!

Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): too much eating out, emo eating

Chest 47
    Waist 43
    Hips 55

So, I spent the first two days of the challenge traveling which isn't great. But it is 100* tomorrow, the sun is out and I am excited to start the new year.

Awesome , make sure to get a good rest :)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! Day 2 of the challenge :):):) let's do this!

@L_Master: love your lunch yesterday!!
    @justrollme: that recipe sounds lovely!
    @sue_01 : I had porridge this morning too :)
    @starfishwendy: nice Xmas present, and yes do try chia seeds if you can! <3
    @dujyandco: awesome first day!!!! wtg :)
    @beeruin: great decision!! hope early lunch was nice!
    @night_watcher: yummy omelette! :)

Yesterday (1st day), I was able to do the 4 challenges (had 11 glasses of water, walked a bit more than 8000 steps, had 5 servings of fruits and vegs, reached a bit more than 60% of my protein goal), and I had a healthy breakfast so I am glad!

Today, I will walk the extra km tonight instead of taking a bus. At least, that's my plan.

Have a great 2nd, guys!!!

xx
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    moremonica wrote: »

Chest 47
    Waist 43
    Hips 55

Hi Monica!
  • dujyandco
    Options
    @moremonica wrote: »
    "Hi everyone. I am excited to be in this challenge. I just got off the plane this morning and have been flying for two days - PLANE FOOD - YIKES!"

Hello Monica! Nice to meet you! Looking forward to the next five weeks!
    -Stephanie
  • kdcomstock89
    kdcomstock89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    [quote=

Today's combination is spinach, carrots, banana, blueberries, orange juice, plain, no-fat greek yogurt (my next container was in the freezer, so had to take it out and use the tillamook this morning), mango, and kiwi (most all organic, if that matters to anyone besides me).
    I eat/drink all of it, unless my daughter wants some. Usually over a few hours, depending on how much it makes. :)[/quote]

This is beautiful!

I forgot to post my breakfast yesterday, 3 whole eggs scrambled. I donate plasma 2x per week and I feel like having eggs before I donate makes me feel better afterwards.

• kmcquiggan
    kmcquiggan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ooh sorry guys, I am late in getting my basics up. I am struggling with a cold, but here you go.

You should be called: Kathy
    You are from (Timezone): California, Pacific Time
    Your weigh in day: Friday morning
    Favorite exercise: Walking/Bootcamp/Yoga
    Favorite healthy food: Hummus
    Struggling Areas (night snacking/lack of motivation/ junk food etc): Eating too much in the evening.
    Goal for the week: Add in a walk each day at lunch. Lose 1 lb.
    Goal for the challenge (35 days): Consistently lose weight each week, drink more water, move more minutes in the day
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    @kmcquiggan: hi Kathy!
  • dujyandco
    Options
    Today's breakfast (it made a full pitcher today, so gonna take a few hours to drink! :)
    Oh--plus 8 ounces of orange juice to make it liquid, of course.

cz5okr7d2jyw.jpg

9 servings of fruits and vegetables... and 31 grams of protein in one shot. Oof. :)
  • dujyandco
    Options
    @kdcomstock89 said "This is beautiful!

I forgot to post my breakfast yesterday, 3 whole eggs scrambled. I donate plasma 2x per week and I feel like having eggs before I donate makes me feel better afterwards."

Good for you! I love scrambled eggs. And omelettes. Can't forget omelettes. :) And you reminded me that I need to make some hard-boiled eggs for a quick emergency snack--thanks for that!
    Thanks for the compliment, kd!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,734 Member
    Options
    dujyandco wrote: »
    Today's breakfast (it made a full pitcher today, so gonna take a few hours to drink! :)
    Oh--plus 8 ounces of orange juice to make it liquid, of course.

cz5okr7d2jyw.jpg

9 servings of fruits and vegetables... and 31 grams of protein in one shot. Oof. :)

That looks so good. :)
This discussion has been closed.