• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5X5 workout

Squat-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115/120, 5X5X 122
    Sumo squats-5X5X107
    BP-1X5X 65/70/75, 5X5X 80
    BR-5X5X 85

I increased my squat and sumo squat by 2 pounds this time. That is the highest weight that I have been able to lift. It seemed heavier and I was a little worried about my form. I think I was able to keep that intact though.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Last night lower power

Back squat 130# 3,1 125# 3. Hmmm got greedy must deload to 125 and then inch up with smaller umps I think
    Deads 155# 3x5 great must do more
    Nordic ham curls 2x5 felt like they were gonna tear so stopped
    Split squats 30# DB 3x10
    Forgot to do hip thrusts so did them this am
    135# 3x10
    Abs: hanging leg raise 3x7, oblique Swiss ball roll ins 3x10, commandos/up up down downs 3x10

Today upper hypertrophy

Superset
    Incline bench 65# 8,8,6
    Chin up BW 3x5

Super set
    Dumbbell flyes 15 3x10
    Bent over inverse flyes 15# 3x10
    Inverse rows BW 3x8
    Barbell push press 45# 3x10

Super set
    Bent over row 30 3x10
    Bicep curls 15 3x10
    Tricep kick backs 15 3x10
    Lateral deltoid raises 10, 3x8

In and out in an hour
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I ordered squat shoes and they are arriving tomorrow, when I needed them today for front squats so I don't have to put plates under my heels. Fingers crossed the shoes fit, I ordered a men's lifting shoe so I dunno if I got the conversion right.

Deadlift, Conventional. 5x8 135lbs switch grip.
    Planks
    Front squats skipped.
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My back is actually feeling really great a week later. I am so relieved, I was so worried it would set me back for so long. I've been doing some body weight glute and back strengthening exercises and felt confident enough to try OHP last night. Deloaded back to the bar but felt really good doing 5x5. Progress is so slow on that lift. Still skipping on squats and deadlifts.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @ninenines glad your back is doing alright!!

ICF A for me today...and another PR, this time for bench press.... Dead chuffed. Worked up to each of the following:

SQ 5X5 @62.5KG
    BP 5X5 @40kgs woohooooooo!!
    Row 5X5 @40kgs

Shoulder shrugs 3x8 @40kg
    Barbell curl 4x5. @20kgs... Need to increase reps, but 15kg is way too easy.
    Triceps overhead extension with dumbell 3x8@12kg
    Hyperextension 2x10@10kg
    Hanging crunches 3x10
    Lat Pulldown 3x8 @40KG

Loving it!
  • ninenines
    Options
    Thanks @kimiuzzell ! Great work on your lifts. 40kgs for BP seems mammoth to me at the moment. :)

• christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Went into the gym after I finished work early today.
    Lower hypertrophy
    DL 3x15 50kg forearms fair ached by time I finished
    Front squat 3x15 30kg depth to parallel
    Leg extensions 1x15 15,2x15 12.5kg struggled
    Leg curls 3x12.5 15kg
    Bench 2x15 30, 1x15 27.5kg
    Lat Pulldown 3x15 33 kg

Struggled today with 15reps and it sucked. May have to drop weight. Hopefully next week will be better.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    ninenines wrote: »
    Thanks @kimiuzzell ! Great work on your lifts. 40kgs for BP seems mammoth to me at the moment. :)

It's been a long time coming - I first did 37.5kg on 1st December and because we don't have tiny fractional plates, the jump up to 40kg seemed huge. Coupled with the slight deload over Christmas due to my back, and one session when I couldn't get a flat bench with a rack, only the incline one so did those instead, and it seems like I had been on that 37.5kg for ever!

A guy saw me pressing 37.5kg at the weekend and said I should be moving up, so yesterday I just thought its about time I tried. I can always go back if I need to. Someone offered to spot me, but other than really having to squeeze out the last rep each time, I was in no danger of major fail.

So, @ninenines stick with it - the great thing about this programme is how progressive it is - you will be there in no time! Now I've got to push myself for more!

@christch my forearms used to hurt most when doing DL - then my husband told me to stick my butt out a bit more, like when I squat. Once I managed to do that, it meant my glutes etc were doing more of the work, and the aching forearms reduced. He keeps reminding me that my arms are only there to hold the bar, my butt and thighs are doing the actual weight work.

Having broken both my thumbs skiing in years gone by, this also meant that I wasn't needing to grip the bar so hard, which was a massive relief to my thumbs.

Rest day for me today :smile:
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My workouts are short and to the point, with no extra credit lifts yet, but it's what I can do right now:

Squat 5x5 @ 75 lb w/ some warmups at 45, 55, 65 lb
    Bench 5x5 @ 55 lb with a warmup at 45 lb
    Rows 5x5 @ 55 lb with a warmup at 45 lb

I played vball for 2 hours yesterday before I went to lift so I was truly just happy to hit my planned weight on everything for the day! They were all hard but not impossible.

Also there were some little kids (age 5 probably) coming out of a kids' gymnastics class as I was doing barbell rows (with only 10lbs on the bar) and one little girl said to another, "She's STRONG!!" and they were both like YEAHHH. :) Too cute.
  • ninenines
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @BethAnnieT that's awesome, keep on inspiring those little girls to be strong too!

@kimiuzzell that's great, thanks for sharing! I have fractional plates, going up 1kg each time I make the 5x5, but it's slow going. Nothing wrong with that though, at least it moves a bit quicker than OHP!

Because I cannot help myself, I tried out some squats with just the bar yesterday and felt fine, no twinge no pain, so yay. I'm also trying out some front squats for variation. Anyone else long legged that finds squats difficult? I find it tricky keeping my torso upright
  • ninenines
    Options
    Getting back into it.

SQ: A couple of warm up squat sets with just the bar. Resisted the temptation to add weight as back feeling slightly stiff.
    BP: 31kg, 5/5/5/4/3. Same as last time. Hopefully next workout I'll get it.
    BR: 31kg 5x5. Was supposed to deload back to 30kg but was too lazy to take off the fractional plates from BP. Modified slightly by resting bar on lowest safety pin in my power cage.

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts rest day

Goblet squats-3X7X 25
    Kettle bell swing-22X9X 25

I have increased my reps again today by one. I will see how I feel by the end of the day. I may go back down if my body reacts in a negative way.
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Squat shoes came, yay! It was OHP day but still did some squats to test out the shoes. I'm unsure on the fit, some say super tight others say a comfortable fit, either way these fit well and my feet don't move.

OHP 5x8 60lbs - struggled with some as my breathing was sucky.
    Front Squats 3x5 60lbs
    Low bar squats 5x 95/95/155/155lbs

Either way, the lifting shoes work like a dream, all the squats were pretty easy.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    lots of feedback and tweaks from trainer guy now that i'm not nursing a problem anymore.

ohp 55, form fine. he said. so yay about that and now i want my streak back where i was heading for 65. 55 was HEAVY for 3x5 which just shows you how fast you lose ground iwth this one.

deadlifts 135. he said i pulled 145 before xmas when the rib was at its worst, which is 5 more than i thought. he gave me quite a workshop on dl today now that i'm trying to include what i need to do to keep the rib healthy, so that's good. the lifts didn't feel like much but guess that's to be expected when there are lots of changes: no more horizontal back angle, feedback for when i'm letting my upper back round, various different things. it may take me a bit to put the pieces together but it's all valid stuff so one of these days.

rows 3x8@65 for accessory. i tried squats at the rec centre afterwards but meh, body disordered by trainer day so not really working for me. i cut it short after only a couple of sets.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I'm at DGS'S basketball tournament today. I was supposed to do Stronglifts today but with limited time I did Kettlebell swings.

Goblet squats- 3x5x25
    Kettlebell swings- 22x7x25
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My body is now a shaky puddle of useless muscles haha. I leave you with this link to today,s workout description because why take more screen estate than I need to?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/krokador/view/the-super-hero-challenge-week-2-spartacus-798656

Phew!
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Good gym session today, after coffee with friends and before the hairdresser - a nice self indulgent day!

Squat: 5x5 @ 73 kg
    Bench press: incline 3x5 @ 28 kg - I had to use dumbbells as I was waiting for the rack. And then the rack came free so I took it, rather than finish my five sets and miss it!
    Row: 5x5 @ 22 kg dumbbell

Chin ups 5/4 no assist
    Pull ups 3/2 no assist

God, I love watching my biceps as I do chin ups :smile:
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    @canadianlbs sounds like you are getting back on track nicely.
    @ariadnula your weights are superb! And yay to coffee etc!

ICF B for me this morning. Worked up to the following:

SQ 5X5 @62.5KG
    Ohp 5x5 @25kg need to increase reps here as increased weight just isn't happening.
    DL 1X5@70 plus 1 rep at 72.5 kg in prep for moving up next week.
    Close Grip Bench Press 3X10 @30kg
    Row 5X5@35KG
    Curls 6/5/5@20kg
    Hanging crunches 3x10
    Side planks 60 secs each side

Then out for a delicious late lunch with my hubby :)
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm not very good at checking in but I finished this week's PHUL workouts. Today was Lower Hypertrophy. I increased weights on front squats, barbell lunges, DB lunges, deadlift & glute bridges.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week of 5/3/1 - it was interesting dedicating each workout to a different lift and going for more volume than I was getting with 5x5. In addition to the main workout, I'm doing a warmup and then afterward doing accessory sets 5x10 at 50%.

wy07n5ulpf4w.jpg