The Vicious Yellow Platoon

Options

Replies

• dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ah, you'll get there, @moremonica !
    And for now-- just do what you gotta do! :)
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    moremonica wrote: »
    YEAH! Four days in a row with no sugar/dessert. But, I have decided to cancel on my dinner plans with my friends tonight. I weigh in tomorrow morning and I don't want to be around any triggers. It makes me really mad that I can't trust my body and see my friends. But, I want a great weigh in tomorrow morning and quite frankly, I do make bad choices when I am social.

I'm sorry you had to cancel! I used to have the same problem, but my will power has gotten A LOT better over time. I hope your weigh in is amazing!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »
    moremonica wrote: »
    YEAH! Four days in a row with no sugar/dessert. But, I have decided to cancel on my dinner plans with my friends tonight. I weigh in tomorrow morning and I don't want to be around any triggers. It makes me really mad that I can't trust my body and see my friends. But, I want a great weigh in tomorrow morning and quite frankly, I do make bad choices when I am social.

I'm sorry you had to cancel! I used to have the same problem, but my will power has gotten A LOT better over time. I hope your weigh in is amazing!

Same here but I am a bit better too. Although I might cancel an outing before my weigh-in day during this challenge :p I think you are doing great, Monica!! Keep it up :)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Hi Guys! Almost a week done! I am going to be honest I will not even try the side challenge on Saturdays because I have discovered than planning ahead does NOT work for me even if it works wonders for some. If I plan ahead, I get frustrated easily and it often causes me to binge, which is crazy I know. But I won't even attempt it during this challenge I do not need bad triggers :) I will go for a run this afternoon though and work on my other goals (water, steps, protein, fruits & vegs). Hopefully, we'll all kick butt today! GO YELLOW TEAM!
  • dujyandco
    Options
    Side challenges:

Jumping jacks: I did pretty good! I got out of my cozy bead before light to do some modifieds, and I was active much of the day. I didn't stop my workouts to do them... I supposed that wasn't necessary. :) I'm willing to take the penalties if I'm wrong! I had like 6 or 7 workouts that day, so pretty often.

Processed foods: Ha! Yesterday morning I had my smoothie (as always... I simply love it) with plain, nonfat greek yogurt (as always).... then I learned about the challenge. Oops. I might have still made that call, though, had I known, because I need lots and lots of protein.
    I've already told you about my amusing lunch conversation.... but the end of that story is that I had three boiled eggs (without salt! thankyouverymuch) and an apple and a v8 (v5) juice that I make myself, and put into the freezer in little glasses. !!! I definitely get points for that one!
    Supper was roasted chicken and mashed potatoes and corn.... so had butter, milk, salt, pepper... and don't know if the (frozen, sweet) corn counts as processed. Probably. But not too bad!

Today's challenge... Uh, yeah, I'm with @HealthyGinny . I don't plan ahead meals at all. I'm home with my children, and we eat the same way we do everything else... according to how we're feeling about it, and what we're in the mood for. That may sound indulgent and dangerous, but I don't 'diet'.... I'm willing to put in the time and energy (exercising) to keep my life as awesome as its ever been. :) I'm in this for the long haul, and eating according to instruction will not work for me!

Water intake: pretty good! Between 8 and 13, usually. I'd like that to be around 12+ a day.
    Macros, protein: pretty good! between 69-99% lately. Steps...144,060, Monday through Friday. No steps yet, today. Should get plenty more over the next couple of days! :)
  • mia2xtran
    mia2xtran Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tracy @TracyeS4
  • mia2xtran
    Options
    What is the best time of the day to weigh yourself? I got one of those digital scale and man the numbers dance hip hop on me. Last night it showed 126 then this very morning it showed 123. Sometimes I get on it then get off for 5 min then get on and the numbers differ. Take off my bed robe and the numbers dance again.
  • dujyandco
    Options
    I had a scale (before this week) that was totally unreliable... I'd get on, then get off, then get on, and it'd say 4 pounds difference. In three seconds. :) Yeah, no. I ordered a new one. :)
    Now I weigh in my drawers, in the morning. I make it the most consistent that I can get it. :)
  • mia2xtran
    Options
    I have an old timer scale that I used before the digital one. I will have to get back on it for now. At least the numbers were consistent.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    I have the Aria scale, I love it it sync's with MFP and with the Fitbit app.
    My weight was a half pound up this week. I did a lot of exercising and watching what I eat.
    Drinking lots of water. It is frustrating the last week or so as MFP does not seem to be calculating my extra calories correctly. Some days I have zero and some days I have 550 and I do the same. Then a few days later some extra calories show up for days in the past. Something is not working correctly.
    Exercise I have been following Focus T25, Treadmill, walking and snow shovelling.
    Patience... is what I have learned along the way.
  • dujyandco
    Options
    @sue_01... do you enjoy friends and challenges on fitbit? If so, my fb address is https://www.fitbit.com/user/3XM8QC
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    mia2xtran wrote: »
    What is the best time of the day to weigh yourself? I got one of those digital scale and man the numbers dance hip hop on me. Last night it showed 126 then this very morning it showed 123. Sometimes I get on it then get off for 5 min then get on and the numbers differ. Take off my bed robe and the numbers dance again.

I only weigh myself first thing in the morning (before coffee) and without clothes on so that I can be as consistent as possible. Many things can change your weight during the day. However, if your scale is not giving you the same number 5 minutes apart when you have not eaten anything, drank anything, changed clothes, or used the bathroom, then you need a better scale.
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    dujyandco wrote: »
    Side challenges:

Jumping jacks: I did pretty good! I got out of my cozy bead before light to do some modifieds, and I was active much of the day. I didn't stop my workouts to do them... I supposed that wasn't necessary. :) I'm willing to take the penalties if I'm wrong! I had like 6 or 7 workouts that day, so pretty often.

Processed foods: Ha! Yesterday morning I had my smoothie (as always... I simply love it) with plain, nonfat greek yogurt (as always).... then I learned about the challenge. Oops. I might have still made that call, though, had I known, because I need lots and lots of protein.
    I've already told you about my amusing lunch conversation.... but the end of that story is that I had three boiled eggs (without salt! thankyouverymuch) and an apple and a v8 (v5) juice that I make myself, and put into the freezer in little glasses. !!! I definitely get points for that one!
    Supper was roasted chicken and mashed potatoes and corn.... so had butter, milk, salt, pepper... and don't know if the (frozen, sweet) corn counts as processed. Probably. But not too bad!

Today's challenge... Uh, yeah, I'm with @HealthyGinny . I don't plan ahead meals at all. I'm home with my children, and we eat the same way we do everything else... according to how we're feeling about it, and what we're in the mood for. That may sound indulgent and dangerous, but I don't 'diet'.... I'm willing to put in the time and energy (exercising) to keep my life as awesome as its ever been. :) I'm in this for the long haul, and eating according to instruction will not work for me!

Water intake: pretty good! Between 8 and 13, usually. I'd like that to be around 12+ a day.
    Macros, protein: pretty good! between 69-99% lately. Steps...144,060, Monday through Friday. No steps yet, today. Should get plenty more over the next couple of days! :)

Homemade V8!? That sounds like an excellent idea. It sounds like you are kicking butt!
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    I weighed in today : )
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »
    @dujyandco your smoothie looks soooo pretty and yummy!

I'm hit or miss with breakfast, sometimes I skip it entirely and swap those calories into lunch or dinner or even snacks. The past few days, I've been eating a really delicious black bean soup that I made in my slowcooker. I love it so much that I think I'm going to make it again in a few days. I followed the recipe here: Link! with the exception that I added some frozen super sweet corn and some chopped red bell pepper to it. Soooo gooooood.

This morning's scale check gave me some good news, but I really don't think about that too much, because even though I check every day, I only record on Saturdays. (Because it can vary so much day-to-day!)

Hope everyone had a fantastic start to their week! :smiley:

Thank you for this recommendation! I made it last night and it was amazing. I don't even like black beans : )
    I did change a few of the ingredients based on what I had on hand. I tried a little pureed, but ultimately, I just ate it without pureeing it. I thought it was better that way.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    dujyandco I have one but have never used it so far. https://www.fitbit.com/user/23XBCY -going to start using.
  • starfishwendy
    starfishwendy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Just checking in. I'm sorry I haven't been around; my son was ill. I hope everyone had a great week.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Hi guys. Just checking in. I'm sorry I haven't been around; my son was ill. I hope everyone had a great week.

Sorry about your son, hope he's all good now. Have a nice Sunday xx
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »
    I weighed in today : )

I assume you did good since you put a smiley :) well done!!
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Guys, I have Optimum's nutrition whey protein powder in vanilla flavor, because
    1) Here i get very less options of whey protein + flavors.
    2) I dont like the two other flavors its available in (chocolate and strawberry)

The problem is that i have started disliking this vanilla flavor as well, its way too sweet for me. O did i tell you guys that my sweet tooth never grew?

So there a couple of things that i tried with this protein powder, the only thing that i kinda liked(tiny amount of likeness) was with banana, can some one tell me any other recipes for why protein other than making shakes, i literally have started to pinch my nose before i drink mine and i try drinking it in one sip.

I hope everyone weighed in
This discussion has been closed.