Rock Your Resolution: January Challenge, Week 3 (1/15-1/21)

13»

Replies

• reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    JAN 20

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 228.2 (Jan 1)
    CW: 219.8
    GW for January: 220 (new) (was 224)
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 20: yes
  • reblazed
    @AshleyC1023 Love reading posts like yours. Where we 'just happen' on this way of eating and feel better than ever when we follow through. Congrats on your losses. Inches are almost better than pounds. :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    There is so much awesomeness in this thread, despite not having water! I love hearing it all!! You are all doing so wonderfully!!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    right back atcha, Karlottap!

Keeping as on track as i can while doing my workplace diet. Not as low carb as i usually go, but still pretty low. I'm told that i need to reboot my metabolism due to the low cal and low carb count i seem to need to practice to lose any weight at all. So, I'm looking at this as short term experiment and also experience for my job. Hope it works. It might be nice to be able to eat a little more on a regular basis. As long as it doesn't trigger the binge beast!
    Still more active through lifestyle rather than work out sessions. I definately prefer not to go to the gym. So, I'm liking this.
    My decluttering is going slow as molasses as is my painting; and sewing is non existent. Work really uses me up. I haven't given up on my hobbies and dreams of domestic paradise, but rather really need to scale down my expectations to a more realistic level so I'm not continually beating myself up for failing to produce. The point of it all is to find a pace and lifestyle that makes me happy, not crazy!
    I'm getting there step by step.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Starting Weight: 138.2 lbs on 1/1
    Overall Scale Goal: 125 lbs (hoping by late Spring)
    Should I set a goal for the end of January? I mean, it's a little late, and I've bounced a lot this month. But sure, what the heck: 136 lbs

Wednesday, Jan 20:
    [√] Write - I decided to engage the previously-mentioned editor for coaching and developmental edits. He gave me a couple of tasks and as a result I wrote over 2000 words yesterday. This is a big deal for me! I'm investing in my novel because I self-sabotage every draft.
    [√] Hydrate: 122/67
    [–] Step goals: 4,865/5,000 - dangit! I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up til midnight
    [√] Activity: Went outside, walked a bit, parked far away.
    [√] Logging: Weight (140.4), Macros C/F/P (1%/82%/17%) High levels of fat, which is good and usually helps me with the weight drops. Nice and low on carbs yesterday (6g total) and a better moderation of protein (my protein has been awfully high lately).
    [√] Daily NSV: I've been dancing with this one pound this week, and while this is supposed to be a non-scale comment, the victory here is just that I know exactly what to do for my body to shed it. I've been having cream in my liquid lunch coffees all week, so as of last night I'm eliminating the cream in my coffee in favor of butter. Adding coconut oil in my morning coffee, and switching to eating lunch rather than breakfast. I may do an egg fast next week, just because omnomovivore.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    I've pretty much given up on my dairy-free trial, as there was no difference in anything after two weeks--no digestive changes, no weight changes, no skin changes (my skin problems were the reason for the experiment). That said, I've only had cheese twice in the past week. The kids are all well again, so my life is pretty much back to normal for the time being.

Carbs Under 40: 4 out of the past 6 days, with one day going to 43g total (still under 40g net), and my highest day being last Friday when we ordered Chinese takeout and I had 68g total but it was 43g net, so it still wasn't too bad.
    8,000 Steps: Only once this week.
    Workout: No workouts in the past week, unless you count my daily workday run-down-the-stairs-and-back-up-as-far-as-I-can-stand-it (which is to 5, and I take the elevator the final flight to 6).
    Technology-Free Evenings: This one is such a challenge, but I'm really trying.
    Communicating with Loved Ones: I had an extended FB chat with my cousin the other day, which hasn't happened for a while, and my mom and I have been texting a bit more than usual. I called her the other day, but she was visiting my grandma in rehab (for her triple bypass).
    Mindfulness: I've let this one slide more than I care to admit.
    Meal Planning/Shopping: This has been difficult for me because we were broke AF last week and I couldn't purchase much in the way of groceries. We are pretty much just making do right now... but I made some simple and yummy chicken in the crockpot that I've been eating in various forms this week. Having hubby on board makes things easier in terms of meal planning, but it means I actually have to prepare a meal every evening to make sure he has no excuse to go off plan (whereas sometimes I just want a BPC or a snack or nothing at all for dinner).
    Prof Dev: Still listening to the trauma audiobook, and I'm about to complete a CEU online today or tomorrow.

SW: 174.8
    1/7/16: 173.8
    1/14/16: 176.0
    1/21/16: 173.6 (yesterday was a new low at 172.4, but I knew it would go up before it goes back down again).
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    1. Stay 30 net carbs most days, truly special occasions 50-70. Check!
    2. Hopefully lose ten pounds. Lost 1.6 this week so down 2 pounds this month so far.
    3. Make exercise a major priority. NOPE. Lazy week. No exercise sadly.
    4. Decluttering my home. Did some cleaning/sorting
    5. Make an effort to be more social. Bad weather kept me mostly in the house.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    JAN 21 summary

SW: May 2015 184: Jan 1. 150
    CW: 148.5
    GW for January: 5 pounds

Calories Goals: YUP
    Carbs Goals: YUP
    Exercise: Missed out last night.

Need to get to the grocery store. Out of everything good for me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Mami1976D I didn't notice any changes when I did a dairy-free trial, either (it was for 6 weeks about a year ago).

JAN 21 summary
    SW for keto, 11/2: 150.6
    CW: 132! (1 lb below original goal)
    GW now: Shifting to recomp soon, aiming for 24% body fat. (I think it's in the 27-29% range now; I want to get it measured soon.)

Calorie goals: Just under (bumped them up starting today from 1350 to 1400/day).
    Carbs: 30 net
    Exercise: YAYOG
  • reblazed
    JAN 21

SW: 247 (12/12, started keto)
    SW: 228.2 (Jan 1)
    CW: 218.4
    GW for January: 220 (new) (was 224)
    GW for 12/31: 180
    Calories under 1200: yes
    Carbs Under 20: yes
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    DH got the water back on just before sunset. It didn't get warm enough to thaw it out so he had to dismantle pipe into the meter and knock it around to get the ice out. So we have water again.
    I'm not sure what they are forecasting now but it was that we could possibly end up with a full foot. Which besides making the roads treacherous, makes snow-laden branches too heavy or lines too heavy leading to power outage. We're prepared. But...Sleeping in front of a fireplace with 4 kids is not my idea of fun. Just sayin'. :wink: What irritates me the most is the thought of not having my kettlebell video available for my strength workout Sat. :lol: All the same, I've been in this house since last weekend and I had hoped to dump the kids off on the in-laws and get a break this weekend. Alas, snow...

Last fast day of the week today. I shall persevere.

Weight: 152.2
    Wed 1/20:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: No. Did not have water to drink.
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calories: :+1:
    Carbs: :+1:
    Exercise: HIIT :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:
    6/7

Weight: 153.2
    Thurs 1/21:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: No. Did not have water to drink.
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calories: :+1:
    Carbs: :+1:
    Exercise: Kettlebells :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:
    6/7

Week1:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

Week2:
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png
    Snowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.pngSnowflake-Emoji.png

• BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Height: 5'9.5"
    SW: 195 (Yuck! So embarrassed it crept up that high! - 1/18)
    CW: 189.8 (YAY! 5 pounds down!)
    GW: 160-165

Currently eating at 20-22 net carbs per day. I've kept my exercise minimal this week, but I am hoping to add in some runs and Zumba in the coming weeks. Will maintain this for at least another week, then I will only be adding 5g of net carbs for the following week.

I'd love to be at 175 by my birthday 2/23!

Struggles: Tomorrow (Saturday) is one of many cheer competitions that I will be judging at. The food options are usually sandwiches and carb or sugar heavy selections. I am having to do advanced planning to create success. I'm feeling okay right now, but this will be a BIG temptation time.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited January 2016
    Starting Weight: 138.2 lbs on 1/1
    Overall Scale Goal: 125 lbs (hoping by late Spring)
    Should I set a goal for the end of January? I mean, it's a little late, and I've bounced a lot this month. But sure, what the heck: 136 lbs

Thursday, Jan 21:
    [√] Write - I journaled, but I'm still waiting to hear back from the editor on my last task, so nothing toward my story.
    [√] Hydrate: 80/67
    [√] Step goals: 5,301/5,000 - dangit! I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up til midnight
    [√] Activity: Went outside, danced while I made dinner, parked far away.
    [√] Logging: Weight (139.4), Macros C/F/P (3%(10g)/74%/23%)
    [√] Daily NSV: Not getting hangry when my folks jump ahead of us in line to make dinner! (They cook, leave a mess while they eat, and then MAYBE clean up after themselves. I've been cooking the dinners so regularly that I forgot how annoying sharing a kitchen can be).
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    edited January 2016
    Oops. Posted in the wrong thread.
    Haz a dumb. :lol: