What is your favorite healthy breakfast to start the day?

Options

Replies

• BekiClark
    BekiClark Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    -A cup of coffee with 2oz low fat milk
    -1egg on 1 slice of whole wheat toast
    -and a low sugar Greek yogurt

I eat this almost every day, it is so well-balanced I love it. Sometimes I'll sub out the egg on toast for a packet of plain oatmeal with sliced bananas in it. Yummmm
  • BekiClark
    BekiClark Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also love to sautee peppers, broccoli, and deli-sliced turkey breast in a pan, then add egg whites and low fat mozzarella string cheese for a well-balanced egg white omelette. Add a little hot sauce on top, and then supplement it with a Greek yogurt on the side and I'm good to go.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have found that a lack of fats in my diet was keeping me constantly hungry.
    So I've been adding half an avocado or so a day and a slice of cheese or something. It has been working!

This was my treat of the day (I tend to share recipes on my instagram if anyone's interested :))
    tmheysv2h1x2.jpg
    Today was half an avocado, 120g of greek yogurt and milled flaxseed.
    Fats, protein and fiber! :)
  • ericalynne04
    ericalynne04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    veggieerp wrote: »
    Cake for breakfast! I'm obsessed with protein mug cakes right now. Takes one minute to make and "bake". One scoop protein powder, 1/8th tsp baking soda, 2 tbsp milk. Microwave 30-40 seconds in mug sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

Two questions :smile: First, How many scoops of protein do you use? Second, do you know about how many calories it comes out to? Thanks!
  • Marymcmanus
    Marymcmanus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have this every morning and it's yummy and filling. About 3/4 cup natural oats, a good sprinkling of pumpkin seeds (pepitas), lots of blueberries and half a cup of skim milk
  • modaniels250
    modaniels250 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been having a smoothie and 2 no bake energy bites for breakfast daily.

fresh then frozen berries, blackberries, respberries, blueberries combo, add to 8 oz almond milk, Tbls of flax seed, add tsp honey and blend. I add 2 ice cubes so it is still frosty cold when I get to work.
  • spapow
    spapow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Half of an avocado with diced oven roasted chicken/turkey slices/chicken slices. I usually use roasted chicken that I make myself because I don't use salt. It sounds boring, but it tastes great and does the job! Calories range from 126-179.
  • Ginger7658
    Ginger7658 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    fruity porridge, every time as it keeps me going for hours. And great in the cold weather too.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    1 Cup of Steel Cut Oatmeal . I know this might sound weird but I don't like sweets in the morning so I heat up my oatmeal, add a little bit of salt, .5 oz of low fat mozzarella cheese and about 1 tbsp of milk. Yummy
  • yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I usually have 5 egg whites with oatmeal( made on Stove, much creamier) or a Shake with tablespoon of chia seeds, flax and hemp hearts)
  • beautifly17
    beautifly17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Chia Seed pudding with Banana and walnuts on top :)
  • lucy16076
    lucy16076 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ldwldw2 wrote: »
    I just tried crock pot steel cut oatmeal. I made the one with blueberries, bananas and almond milk on Sunday and have been heating it up before work. Delicious, warm and easy and healthy carbs early in the morning. First post by the way.

Congrats on making your first post! :0) Where can I find this recipe?
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    3 tb liquid eggs , (in the microwave) - nothing added to them. Then put on a Warburton's Thin Bagel (half only no top) add spinach leaf or lettuce leaf for top or just open face
    sometimes for a treat I add crumbled sausage or bacon, and red chilies bits
  • KendraMonster
    KendraMonster Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is my first couple of days on MFP, first post! The night before I have been taking 1/2c frozen mixed berries & 1/2c Vanilla Greek yogurt with 2 tbsp hemp granola. It seems to be doing me fine the last 3 days but I am sure I'll need some variety.
  • joegibbs2112
    joegibbs2112 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Old Fashion Oats 1/4 cup dry, 1 tb flaxseed, 2tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp Mrs Dash, lots of Black Pepper, vanilla extract, add some water microwave 3 min. to this I add 1/2 cup cooked egg beaters, 1 oz Colby/Monterey Jack Cheese mix this all up eat it with 1 slice fit and active multigrain toast dry. ABOUT 500 calories ( then go out and walk 4 miles)