Ja-new-ary(ou) in the making: Workout Check-in

Options

Replies

• Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Rest day - pah, some rest! Cycled 40 miles, somehow all of it seemingly uphill :smile: I'm pooped now...
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Damn those hills. @Ariadnula!!

A short workout for me today, Time for SL only with very little accessories.

Worked up to each of the following:

SQ 5X5 @65KGS plus tried 67.5kgs just because I felt good and did a full set with decent form. Dead chuffed but didn't push it any further!!
    BP 5X5 @40KSS
    Row 5X5 @40kgs

Then tried a few kettlebell swings just to see if I might like it...am definitely going to include these on rest days for the cardio benefits..I was puffed out!!

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115/120, 5X5X122
    Sumo squats-5X5X107
    BP- 1X5X 65/70/75, 5X5X 80
    BR-5X5X 85
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've been away for a few days visiting a lifelong friend. Eating wasn't too bad, but a few too many margaritas. Even though I had spent the whole day travelling I decided to fit in a workout before bed.

SQ: 5x5 at 36kg. Felt good but didn't video myself. I'm cautiously increasing weight.
    OHP: 5x5 at 21kg. Pretty comfortable.
    DL: 1x5 at 67.5kg.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Lifted yesterday but hubby wanted to gym today so I went with him.

Did 45 mins killer spin class plus warm up.

Then into weights room for some wide lat pull downs @ 33kgs
    Underhand lat pull downs @40kgs
    Barbell curls 4x5 @20kg
    Hyperextensions 2x10 bw
    Kettlebell single leg deadlifts - no idea how many as my brain was mush at this point!!

Rewarded myself with a bit of shopping at the Nike outlet store...got some snazzy new pink gym pants :smiley:
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    Squats 5x5 @ 74kg
    Bench 4x5 @ 31.5kg 1x5 @ 32kg 1x5 @ 32.5kg - I felt like I could keep adding and adding! But decided to play safe
    Row 5x5 @ 2x22kg dumbbells
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Don't know when I last reported: I am still around and still plodding ahead with the workouts. I just can't be bothered to report them much. Or to adult in general lately. I know it's seasonal depression and it will come to pass, but it's a serious drain on the brain and my eating's been all kinds of all over the place.

So I'm cutting myself some slack until I get my head back and am not logging. Snacking on 2 squares of dark, pineapple flavored chocolate and some fresh blue and raspberries as we speak, so I'm not doing *too* bad, aye?

Anyways, few highlights:
    OHP 72.5x11 AMRAP set, further solidifying that missing 90lbs a few weeks back was really just a fluke :)
    Deadlift 215x10 which amounts up to an E1RM of basically 1.5xBW so I am def looking forward to hitting that milestone now! haha

I finished the "I am Batman" workout in 16:10 yesterday
    4 rounds for time of
    -20 box jump overs (20')
    - 10 BB thrusters @ 55
    - 15 recline rows (feet under anchor point)

What slowed me down was the box jumps, as I am still afraid of banging up my shin so I made sure to set up properly each rep. And since there were 80 of them, that's a LOT of small half seconds put together. Also, if you,re nto used to them? That many box jumps? MAJOR core soreness xD I thought my legs would take the brunt of it but I breezed through the thrusters and by the end it was keeping myself tight on the rows that slowed me down a lot xD

Just did 9 reps with 162.5 on the bar for squats this morning, too. Abs were what gave in first, which is a first (but not so surprising), but I did have trouble with the legs further down in the workout too xD

So all in all, I have been giving a good effort here. Again, not worried about the weird mental state I'm in. Just bummed out about... nothing and everything. This too shall pass.

In fact, I'm gonna go ice skating for a bit and take a break from chores to try and flip it around, hehe :)

You guys keep being awesome in the meanwhile!
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Yes krokador, it will pass. Keep on keeping on!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Pesky adulting...

Ended up lifting last night after work because coworker wasn't able to make it due to her mother-in-law's recent health issues. So, I did lifting then cardio late at the bigger gym. I must admit I'll miss the pool and sauna just a little even though I rarely used them.

For fun I did a 1 rep max on bench to video for a bodybuilding.com thing. Will have a youtube of it once I get my dropbox or bluetooth to cooperate so I can combine videos since I didn't show the paper before the lift, but did with the weigh in (showed after the lift cause awkward enough filming at big gym). Had the one guy I see all of the time offer to help me film if I wanted different angles to check form, so that was nice. I might need to do that next time. Film my working set cause I'd never seen myself bench press before. Short clips are up on instagram cause I was excited.

62 Upper Power

1 rep attempts
    115 - had a decent pause and went way easier than expected considering I failed last time I tried it back in beginning of November.
    125 - not as much of a pause so not 100 percent it counts in the thing but I still got it up so I'm counting it as my one rep max cause OMG. Made my year goal already on bench. Woot!

bench press 1x4 and 2x3 @ 110 - tired so struggled cause rep test thing
    db incline 2x10 and 1x8 @ 35 - same, okay but feeling it
    OHP 2x5 and 1x2 and 1x3 - I got bit off on the last set so ended up splitting it up
    lat pull 3x10 @ 80 - nothing unusual
    overhead tri ext 3x10 @ 40 - did between lat pull sets

Also tried the rowing machines, not sure what I was doing but did it for 15 minutes. Then did an easy swim followed by less than 10 minutes in the sauna. Kind of like that so need to go in there again even if it means wearing a pesky swim suit. I have one that was my mom's and it's cute but bought more for the look than anything else, but covers my stomach so that's a plus. Tad big. I need to get my own suit this summer.

Tonight will be lower power at small gym after work.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Superb bench numbers there Dawn!
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »
    Superb bench numbers there Dawn!

Indeed, that's impressive!
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Felt really good today. It helps when everything is deloaded I guess!

SQ: 5x5 at 37kg. Form seems good, just need to really focus on maintaining it as the weight increases.
    BP: 5x5 at 27.5kg. Working back up, hopefully I can crack through 31kg this time, but I've dropped the increments to 0.5kg so it will take a while.
    BR: 5x5 at 33kg. I've adjusted me set up and it seems to be working a lot better for me now.

Time to fuel up with some protein pancakes!
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tonight's session
    No bench as it was busy for the hour and bit I was there :/
    So db bench 1x10,2x15 12,2x12 12kg
    Incline bench 1x5 12,3x12 10kg
    Db bicep curl 3x15 10kg
    Single arm row 3x15 10kg
    Oh press 1x3 25kg, 1x5 2x10 20kg
    Lat Pulldown 3x15 33+ kg
    Preacher curl 1x15 17.5kg, 2x12 17.5 kg
    Triceps pushdown 3x15 15kg
    Assisted pullup 1x5 45, 1x5 35, 3x5 25kg
    Leg press single leg 3x5 20, 1x10 50,60,70 kg did this at beginning hoping that the rack would be free by time finished but so busy in gym that half weights I wanted were in use. Hope it's not going to be like this all the time.
    Hope to do bench tomorrow night when do lower hypertrophy.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Tonight was kinda meh. Really long workout trying to figure things out and get all set up that I needed. Squat had some issues, plus the weights shifted more than usual so I finally used the clips. Will deload if next weekend doesn't go better. Did try rack pulls but the lowest setting is too high for me and even standing on a 45 plate it wasn't quite right. Will have to work on that one. Took forever to get through everything but I don't work for the next two days as long as no one calls me in. Going to be a late night and tomorrow is rest day.

63 - Lower Power

squat 3x3 @ 185 - barely. Rough this time and had some plate moving issues.
    deadlift 3x3 @ 205 - not bad. Skipped using the straps this time cause long rest periods and set ups.
    leg press 3x8 @ 220 - okay.
    leg curl 3x8 @ 80 - easier on the small gym machine
    squat jumps on aerobic step with 4 risers per side, still awkward but need to work on jumping
    hip thrust 3x8 @ 115 - they don't have 35 plates and I had to weight down the bench to keep from moving but made it work. Also, no bar padding, so that will be a challenge.
    rack pull 2x5 @ 135 - attempted but will need work plus I'm short...

Now to finish typing things up and get some sleeps. Yay day off!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95, 5X5X105
    Sumo squats-5X5X 95
    0HP-3X5X 45, 5X5X 50
    DL-1X5X 135

Today I decided to give my body a rest and do a deload. If feels like my battery is drained. Hopefully this will re-energize me!
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Untamed Strength

Low Bar Squats - worked up to 145lbs, 1x12. Reps to failure day. I intended to do 150lbs, but decided not to test my ankle and dropped 5lbs. Went well though finished with my ankle feeling kinda crunchy.
    Pause Squats 3x5 95lbs - I need to do these heavier, and not on squat day.
    Lunges 1x10 45lbs - ah ha! Another thing that a lifting shoe helps on, but I was so gassed from the squats I only did a set.
    Planks
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tonight's session
    Leg press 2x10 55, 1x10 65kg
    Front squat 1x10 30,3x10 32.5kg,5x5 35,3x5 40,2x3 45kg all to parallel squated down on to a bench
    Hammy curls 3x12 15kg Single leg, 1x10 30,32.5,35kg both legs together
    Leg extensions 3x12 15kg
    Deadlift not happening gym so busy couldn't get close to do DL
    Rest day tomorrow
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It had been a week since I did a 5x5 workout due to feeling pretty crappy part of last week.

Squats: 5x5@ 75 lb with warmup sets at 45 lb
    OH Press 5x5 @ 45 lb
    Deadlift 1x5 @ 140 lb :) If I could lose 18 lbs I would be deadlifting my bodyweight LOL
    I am developing a fear of hurting myself on deadlift, during the lowering part. I need to read up / watch video about how to do that properly just in case I'm not.

I did my 5x5 workout at 4:30 pm yesterday, and had done a C25K workout at noon yesterday. I think the running beforehand is definitely affecting my lifting. Partly from a my-legs-are-tired standpoint, but also partly from a I-already-worked-out-today-I-don't-wannnaa standpoint.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squats-4X5X 30
    Kettle bell swing-11 X 10 X 25, 11 X7X 30

I scored on a 30 pound and 35 pound kettle bell! As you can see I used the 30 pound for the goblet squat and increased from three sets to 4 sets. Also, for half of the kettle bell swing I used the 30 pound kettle bell. I want to increase the added weight slowly. However, it felt easy not heavy like I thought it would.
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    I went to the gym late, after meeting a friend after work. It took a LOT of self-talk about discipline to get me there! Plus ... I knew that if I went home I wouldn't have the nice relaxed time on the sofa with my book that I was imagining. I would have sat on the sofa feeling guilty for not having gone to the gym! So ... I made it there :smile:

Squat: 5x5 @ 75kg - this felt fine. But ... I've been feeling like my hip is misbehaving sometimes - aching, and just feeling strange. It doesn't happen in the gym but getting out of bed, or turning over. Maybe time to deload a bit and see how that goes. Maybe it's totally unconnected.

OHP: 5/5/3/5/3 @ 22.5 kg

Deadlift: 5x5 @ 62.5kg

Pull ups: 6/3 (3.5!)
    Dips: 2x10

Some ab work, and home...