The Vicious Yellow Platoon

Options

Replies

• L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Another really busy week. Lots of split shifts at work adding up to 35 hours (think 8-12, 2-8) type stuff, and then 17 hour training week on the bike made this one tough.

Still pretty good on calories overall, and doing an acceptable job of not snacking too much and keeping calories from processed sugars/junk food below 5%. Couple questionable days, but none over 10%. Aside from that still hitting all the macros and getting plenty of fruits and vegetables in there.
  • L_Master
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »
    Hi guys, work really kicking my butt so sorry for being a bit quiet. You are all doing awesome though! well done on the exercise and walking! I am doing ok, not great but ok and since in the past I've been known for bingeing while stressed out, I am glad to report it hasn't happened yet so that's a win for me. Have a lovely week xx

I'm glad you are still with us. Keep it going!

Unfortunately, the binge did happen because of stress, and it lasted 1 day 1/2 so I am ashamed :neutral: BUT I haven't given up, I am here and back. It is a gain for me this week (no surprise here)... but I will do my best to lose that quickly. Happy to see you are all doing great though!

Good attitude! One binge day never kills you too bad. It can be a little rough on the habits, but as long as you get back on the wagon the next day I don't think it hurts too much. Trouble is when you start chaining bad days...
  • L_Master
    Options
    I have been hitting it hard. I have not missed any weight training day. Yesterday was a much needed rest day and then I road the stationary bike today. Wasn't the most intense workout, but at least burned some calories. Tomorrow will be another intense weight training day... the dreaded leg day. Oh man, I am going to be so sore. :#:s:)

I feel your pain. Serious cycling training is a little different soreness than weightlifting, but it's definitely there, and during hard training blocks there is always some lingering constant general fatigue...the kind where it's not like you feel exhausted the same way you would as if you had just gotten done from smashing yourself on a run/ride for an hour+, but more just low energy and the thought of getting yourself off the couch and to the sink, let alone ride a bike, takes some focus.

The odd part is that once you do get on the bike and get going...usually you feel pretty good.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    dujyandco wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    My family had a major transition to get through this week... our Saint Bernard, Annabelle (whom we have had since my 10 year old daughter was one) stopped walking, and then stopped eating, so we had lots of tears to cry, and then we had to love her the best way we could, and lay her to rest.
    Naturally, this threw me off of things that could keep... checking in here often being one of those things.
    I'm still here, though, and logged in my foods (though didn't get specific about exercise... thank goodness for the fitbit), so I'll catch up here hopefully tonight and tomorrow.
    Hope everyone is doing well! <3

Very sad to read your post. Thoughts are with you and your family.
  • moremonica
    moremonica Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning and was very happy with the result - 1.2 pounds for the week. But the bigger win was that i have lost weight four weeks in a row. This has not happened in four years! Usually there is a little week in there that goes up before I go down again. I attribute this to diligent tracking in MFP and my no desserts. Still going strong.

I am dedicating February to workouts and strength training.
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    L_Master wrote: »
    Another really busy week. Lots of split shifts at work adding up to 35 hours (think 8-12, 2-8) type stuff, and then 17 hour training week on the bike made this one tough.

Still pretty good on calories overall, and doing an acceptable job of not snacking too much and keeping calories from processed sugars/junk food below 5%. Couple questionable days, but none over 10%. Aside from that still hitting all the macros and getting plenty of fruits and vegetables in there.

Wow. That is dedication!
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    moremonica wrote: »
    Weighed in this morning and was very happy with the result - 1.2 pounds for the week. But the bigger win was that i have lost weight four weeks in a row. This has not happened in four years! Usually there is a little week in there that goes up before I go down again. I attribute this to diligent tracking in MFP and my no desserts. Still going strong.

WhoooHooooo! Good job!
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    So, I reported a significant gain last week. This week was SO much better. I am down 4.4 pounds from that number. Obviously, there was something going on there. Maybe I had a lot of water weight or something. I don't know, but I am extremely relieved!
  • sue_01
    Options
    So, I reported a significant gain last week. This week was SO much better. I am down 4.4 pounds from that number. Obviously, there was something going on there. Maybe I had a lot of water weight or something. I don't know, but I am extremely relieved!

Hard work pays off. You must be so happy.
  • sue_01
    Options
    Busy weekend. It was so nice outside for temp. except it was raining still went for a walk, jog.
    I feel like I`m getting stronger. I was at the stores yesterday all the Spring/ Summer clothes are out. Just a reminder to push a little harder.
  • L_Master
    Options
    Phew. Massive training block done, week 3 definitely a little bit of overreaching near the end but now for a recovery week! Absolutely knackered right now though

Refeed day today, as with last time went a little too crazy on the junk food, but still came in only around +800 kcal on the day, so not too far off the +500 I was shooting for...just alot of calories from junk.

Probably maintenance tomorrow, then diet the rest of the week. Diet break for 2 weeks coming up after this challenge. Pretty happy with execution so far, still could be a little better about the snacking/comfort eating, but I've gotten it minimized to where it's a very small portion of daily calories (5-10%) and generally composed of decent food.

Most excitingly, I did what I thought was impossible and didn't drink a soda for 31 days! Seriously didn't know if I had it in me, and for the two weeks I missed them BIG time. Every meal just felt "wrong" without a soda to wash some of it down. Last two weeks it got better, and while I'd think a soda would be nice from time to time I stopped thinking about it and compulsively needing one with every meal. Proceeded to celebrate with one today, and going forward the plan is to keep soda more as the occasional treat once or twice a month, or with a restaurant outing. Might even try for 3 months sometime over summer if I feel motivated.

• night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10290040/results?new=1

Results are out :)
    Awesome job everyone, just two more weeks to go
  • sue_01
    Options
    Lots of motivation ----great work everyone! :)
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    @L_Master I'm impressed! You set a goal and achieved it. Very cool. I quit drinking soda 1.5 years ago. I can not be an occasional soda drinker. Once I start, I can't stop. Sounds live you have a pretty advanced training plan in place. Keep it up!

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    L_Master wrote: »
    Phew. Massive training block done, week 3 definitely a little bit of overreaching near the end but now for a recovery week! Absolutely knackered right now though

Refeed day today, as with last time went a little too crazy on the junk food, but still came in only around +800 kcal on the day, so not too far off the +500 I was shooting for...just alot of calories from junk.

Probably maintenance tomorrow, then diet the rest of the week. Diet break for 2 weeks coming up after this challenge. Pretty happy with execution so far, still could be a little better about the snacking/comfort eating, but I've gotten it minimized to where it's a very small portion of daily calories (5-10%) and generally composed of decent food.

Most excitingly, I did what I thought was impossible and didn't drink a soda for 31 days! Seriously didn't know if I had it in me, and for the two weeks I missed them BIG time. Every meal just felt "wrong" without a soda to wash some of it down. Last two weeks it got better, and while I'd think a soda would be nice from time to time I stopped thinking about it and compulsively needing one with every meal. Proceeded to celebrate with one today, and going forward the plan is to keep soda more as the occasional treat once or twice a month, or with a restaurant outing. Might even try for 3 months sometime over summer if I feel motivated.

I'm always impressed with what you post, you are doing great! I can see the burns you log and wow! Also, well done on quiting soda, i know it's hard! I almost never drink any but only because I am not a big fan, and never was... I only drink a glass once in a blue moon when I am a guest. Also, I am glad you are pretty happy with your efforts on comfort eating, that's a great feeling! It is also one of my issues...
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    moremonica wrote: »

so happy for you!! hopefulyy you keep losing x
  • HealthyGinny
    Options

great loss, you did awesome :) glad for you too x
  • moremonica
    moremonica Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm eating out a LOT this week so getting very nervous. Tomorrow's goal is to go to the gym before breakfast and AGAIN before dinner to try and combat my calorie intake.

@L_Master - Great job with the pop. I gave it up a few years ago. You may want to try plain soda water or mineral water. All the fizz but none of the bad stuff.
    @sue_01 - New clothes are a great motivator! I might try to wear a new dress to work tomorrow! EEK! It was tight in the hips when I bought it but I am hoping it is a little loose now.
    @starfishwendy - don't get too bummed about that pound. It could be anything! Maybe a bit too many carbs, just some water weight or sometimes not enough sleep. The scale is wicked.
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The day before yesterday, I walked 60k steps. 28.4 miles.
    The important thing to note here, is that The Next Day? I felt awesome. No aches, no pains, no tiredness. :)
    Satisfaction, my friends! <3
    (And now I'm going for a walk with hubby.... will check in for real later today. Have an awesome day!)
  • L_Master
    Options
    Woah. Sweet walking day @dujyandco! Most I've done is 40k, and that was with 8 hours of work and a 13 mile walk thrown in. Thought about doing 100k step day with 7000+ vertical to get all the fitbit one day badges, but it's just too disruptive to training to do that right now.

Really cool that you felt great afterword too, 25+ miles is serious distance!
This discussion has been closed.