Struggles

Options
1234568»

Replies

• CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »
    Was just told this morning that I am being laid off at the end of February, thanks to the price of oil. Typical me all I want to do today is stuff my face with fatty, unhealthy food........... Thankfully so far I have not given into this, but it is hard.

!!! I'm so sorry- that is the worst. :( If at all possible you should try to stuff your face with water, and exercise that frustration and anger out. I did that with running when I get depressed. Keep your head up BT- being laid off is a really hard hit- but I really believe everything happens for a reason. This just means there is a better job for you out there that you were meant to have instead. Get looking. :) Stay strong.

Thanks Ams, I am hanging in there and actively looking for work worldwide, something will come up.

I have been strong and if I chose to eat which didn't really happen it was something healthy. To be honest I am not that hungry with the stress just the old habits of comfort food. However I have NOT fallen into that trap thankfully
  • amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Was just told this morning that I am being laid off at the end of February, thanks to the price of oil. Typical me all I want to do today is stuff my face with fatty, unhealthy food........... Thankfully so far I have not given into this, but it is hard.

!!! I'm so sorry- that is the worst. :( If at all possible you should try to stuff your face with water, and exercise that frustration and anger out. I did that with running when I get depressed. Keep your head up BT- being laid off is a really hard hit- but I really believe everything happens for a reason. This just means there is a better job for you out there that you were meant to have instead. Get looking. :) Stay strong.

Thanks Ams, I am hanging in there and actively looking for work worldwide, something will come up.

I have been strong and if I chose to eat which didn't really happen it was something healthy. To be honest I am not that hungry with the stress just the old habits of comfort food. However I have NOT fallen into that trap thankfully

Good- I know for me if I'm down it's really easy to fall back into those habits. Good luck in your job search!
  • Kiismyaces
    Kiismyaces Posts: 132 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry to hear that. Ams is right everything happens for a reason. You never know, you may end up being a personal trainer or something similar. Not sure what kind of work you're looking for or what experience you have but I did a quick search. It looks like there are a number of opportunities with Home Depot, also looks like their is an unique opportunity to become the City Manager for Ladysmith!!