February - Leaping through those workouts!

Options

Replies

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Last gym session before skiing!!!

And it was a good one - really pleased to have done this before work today:

SQ 5x5@67.5kgs then tried 70kgs for the first time. Did one set 1x5 with good form, so very happy with that.

OHP - 5x5@30kgs with really good form - only needed to bend my knees on the final two reps because I sure as heck wasn't going to be beaten at that point! I've been stuck on 25kgs for weeks, so this was very pleasing.

DL - 1x5 @75kgs then tried 77.5kgs and got two reps. Probably could have done another but didn't want to push my luck!

Kettlebells - goblet squats 5x5 @12kgs
    - swings 10x10 @12kgs

Lets hope the rest of my day is as positive!!!
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Muscle&Fitness Kettlebell Day2
    Superset
    Alternating Press 3x5,4,3,2,1 at 5kg
    Pull-up Negatives 3x5,4,3,2,1
    They weren't much more than straight drops by the end and I alternated some chinup negatives.

Finished with netball training, about 1hr of plyometric/running circuit.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »

SQ 5x5@67.5kgs then tried 70kgs for the first time. Did one set 1x5 with good form, so very happy with that.

OHP - 5x5@30kgs with really good form - only needed to bend my knees on the final two reps because I sure as heck wasn't going to be beaten at that point! I've been stuck on 25kgs for weeks, so this was very pleasing.

DL - 1x5 @75kgs then tried 77.5kgs and got two reps. Probably could have done another but didn't want to push my luck!

- swings 10x10 @12kgs

Amazing!! I can only dream about it!
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Back at the gym yesterday starting the SL 5x5 again. Started weights low to try and get my form back. Might keep the weight the same for the next round as my biggest worry with weight lifting is my form.

02/03/2016:

Squats: 105lbs 5x5
    Overhead Press; 55lbs 5x5
    Dead Lifts: 135lbs 5x1

I think next time I will add some cardio afterwards :p
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »

- swings 10x10 @12kgs

Amazing!! I can only dream about it!

No, you can achieve it. Keep form good, work up steadily. Don't rush, learn patience, and the weights will increase. It's like the saying about what you find a challenge today will one day be your warm up.

Just keep at it, and enjoy the journey :smile:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,143 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115/120, 5X5X 122
    Sumo squats-5X5X107
    OHP -1X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    BP- 1 X5X55/65/75, 5X5X 80
    BR- 5X5X 85
    DL-1X5X 140

I am still trying to lose some excess fat so I am doing full body workouts through the end of May.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Got my cardio in yesterday - treadmill jog/walk combo.
    Today SL:
    Squats: 2x5x45, 1x3x65, 5x5x95
    OHP: 5x5x60
    Dead: 1x5x105

Again, pushing my luck with time by oversleeping (intentionally snoozing). I need to sort this out, but when I'm not getting enough hours of sleep it's really hard to convince myself to get out of cozy bed.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Squats: 5x5 @ 77.5kg
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 66kg
    OHP: I gave the rack to a guy who'd been politely waiting for aaaages, so used dumbbells. I warmed up with, I think, 6kg and 8kg, then managed 1x5 @ 12 kg. and then the next set the damn things just would not move! So 4x5 @ 10 kg

Chin ups - I only managed 3 and then 2 tonight. Tired, and hungry.
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I was feeling really PMS depressed and it took a lot of energy to get lifting today, despite it being deload easy time.

Untamed Strength, deload week

Deadlifts 1x5 95/115/135lbs
    Planks
    High Bar squats 5x10 95lbs - these were supposed to be front squats but I still don't have the flexibility yet for them. I did 45lbs and it was really uncomfortable in the neck, then I had to go look at some form videos to figure out what I was doing wrong. The bar is on the top of my shoulders and still felt weird. Still enjoyed it and did 2 extra sets. So far mood is a little better.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i just did workout 1 of c25k. actually obeyed the 'slow as you conceivably, possibly can' rule this time and also followed their time intervals. i'm just calling this a curiosity thing: if i do exactly, precisely and nothing more than what they tell me to do, where will it lead when i've done all of it? no expectations, no ambitions. it's just going to be fun to find out.

meanwhile, in workout 1 news: tibialis anterior did not like it at all.
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    @canadianlbs have you done C25K before? I think it's generally worthwhile sticking to the gradual buildup, even when you're an experienced runner. Helps all the tendons and joints warm up to it.

I was going to do overhead press today but my upper body is wrecked from yesterday's KB + pull-up workout. Hamstrings still a bit sore from the day before. Tomorrow is looking good for a rest day.

M&F 5 week KB Day 3
    5x5 goblet squats 16kg
    13x7 KB swings 16kg

Planning to go out for a walk later when it cools down.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tonight's session really hot and uncomfortable in the gym
    Deadlift 1x5 50,3x5 60, 1x5 70kg
    Front squat 1x5 32.5, 3x5 35,3x5 40,3x5 45kg
    Leg press 1x10 50,60,70 75,3x5 80, 3x3 85kg
    No leg extensions or hammy curl just too hot even with big fan on.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    ninenines wrote: »
    @canadianlbs have you done C25K before?

never followed the letter of it before. i have had a few periods of interest that were more about doing my own freestyle intervals for the cardio training, but i did those on treadmills. i've actually had a lot less trouble with the gait of a full-on run where you use your hamstrings and glutes for power, compared with the shufflejog of the early c25 plan.

trouble is, i never sustained treadmill running because it meant schlepping yet another pair of special shoes to the gym. so this time i'm going for regular sidewalk mode. i know i won't deal well with hard surfaces if i just bust out and run, glutes or no glutes. so i figure i'll do this and work on those a.t. muscles which have been a problem for me my whole life. it's probably time that i just dealt with them.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    I'm having a pre-holiday rest day today, before setting off to the Alps after work tonight.

I did plan on getting my kit on and doing some kettlebells before work. Then I reminded myself that this is the person who broke her finger taking off her gym leggings after doing a 6.30am workout of 30 Day Shred once, and I decided I wasn't prepared to take the risk hahaha! Having cancelled my ski holiday once already this year, I am not taking any chances of not enjoying this one to the max.

Perhaps I should wrap myself up in bubble wrap today.....!!
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    this is the person who broke her finger taking off her gym leggings after doing a 6.30am workout of 30 Day Shred once!

What?!

Sounds like a good idea :smile:
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm a couple of months back into SL after a couple of years off health issues.

Today was squats @35kg, bench@ 22.5kg and I skipped power cleans because I was running late :( I've also added 3x10 bench dips to try to sort my tricep weakness out, and man those hurt!
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Ariadnula wrote: »
    this is the person who broke her finger taking off her gym leggings after doing a 6.30am workout of 30 Day Shred once!

What?!

Sounds like a good idea :smile:

Yes, I was so pleased at having done an early morning workout! Then got my finger caught in the waistband as I tried to peel sweaty leggings off me, and it snapped! Literally!! It's called "mallet finger" or something.

I then had to explain how I did it when I got to A&E....needless to say, after a couple of times.of saying G I did it taking my leggings off, and getting snigger, I started to say I did it while exercising. Let them think I landed a burpee badly or whatever!!

I've not touched 30day shred since :wink:
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Today's lifting session:
    02/05/16

Squats 70.5 lbs 5X5

Bench Press 59.5 lbs 5X5

Barbell Row 66 lbs 5X5

Decided to not increase any weight today to take it forward bit slowly.

Machine workouts:

Lat. Pull down 33 lbs 10X3
    Triceps Pull down 33 lbs 10X1
    Shoulder press 33 lbs 10X3
    Leg extension 33 lbs 10X3

Cardio: I was not in the mood of run today so did walk 6.2 miles, nice and slow.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    I then had to explain how I did it when I got to A&E

my sister did the same thing to a toe, getting *into* some tights. so let them snicker.

• Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Today's lifting:

Squat 170lb 5x5 (was kinda shaky at the end)
    BP 70lb 5x5
    Row 110lb 3x5 and I stopped cause my form was horrible and shaky again

I am really excited about the squats, but really frustrated that I couldn't finish today. I will probably hit the gym quickly tomorrow, lower the weight and get the 5x5 on the rows.