February - Leaping through those workouts!

Options

Replies

• awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Untamed Strength deload week

OHP 1x5 45/45/55/65/65lbs
    Incline Bench 3x5 65lbs - first time doing these, took a lot of adjusting the bench to figure how what the starting placement is. 65 was a little much as I was supposed to do 3x10 but oh well.
    Kettlebell swings 5x15 35lbs

rest days are here, have a good weekend everyone!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    trainer day. bench 72.5 and amrap was a pretty easy 7, so it went well.

still troubleshooting squat form, no weight involved. trainer guy has me doing 'dimbleby deadlifts' before them to wake up my hamstrings. for those who are going to ask: it's a roumanian, basically. but you keep the bar tight on your thighs the whole time. hinge bum back and slide the bar down until stretch sensation, usually just above knees. and then hip-hinge back up. i did not feel as if i was feeling a thing, even a stretch. but five or six reps at 75lb and the burn had begun to kick in. 3x15 and i already know the result just a couple hours later: OW BUM.

tomorrow: workout 2 of c25k. i put in some time today on the t.a. and plantar fascia stretch, so we'll see.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squats- 3x7x30
    Russian Kettlebell swings- 22x9x30

I'm going to deload on this the next time because I'm experiencing dull pain in left hip joint and I don't want to irritate anything.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I got a trial membership with the yoga studio. Can go to any class I want, and as many, for 30 days. Normally the go to as many as you want is like 79$ a month, but the trial is 30$, so it was a little more reasonable. Figure it's enough time to give yoga a fair assessment. Did basic hatha today before work.

Then went to gym after work. Used the rower for 45 minutes then went in the steam room. I hadn't been in one of those in so long, I really didn't remember what it was like. Almost didn't make it past the first 5 minutes when it was steaming up cause the heat was a struggle but then things settled and it became easier to withstand. Still probably wasn't in there much more than 10 minutes but felt nice. Though I wanted to sleep afterward but had to drive home. Will sleep soon though. mmm sleep
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys have been killing it! I usually would browse the boards while at work and it has been hectic these past few weeks, hence my semi-absence. I'm still attacking workouts regularly!

Today was a fun one, actually felt easy, although my heart rate was up to the roof by the end. I think it was meant as a chipper kind of workout, but the weights for the ladies in the scaled version were kind of a joke to me. (I'm not saying that as a "ladies are weak" type of thing, btw. I'm just starting to learn that, apparently, I'm pretty darn strong for a gal. But it catches up to me when I have to do bodyweight stuff or endurance work so I'm just badly balanced and that is what it is xD)

15, 12, 9
    - Power clean @ 45
    - Double KB push press @20

9, 7, 5
    - Power clean @ 55

5, 4, 3
    - Power clean @65

45 is my warm-up weight. The only thing I really hated about it was to have to use 5's on the first weight because not setting the bar back down to the ground between reps meant I kept shifting my hands on the bar and the balance was just awkward lol.

I went through the whole thing unbroken in 7:29 (time cap was set to 18 minutes...)

After that I decided to hit the legs a bit and fiddled around with some squats (it is my deload week, so nothing cray). Few sets @ 135, and I tried to do low bar and videoed almost all the sets to try and figure out what I do that sends the bar just a smidge forward at the bottom of each rep (still no dice on that). Low bar is awkward. And I'm not quite as strong as I am at high bar anymore. Maybe I should work on that posterior chain a little more >_>

Then as I was stacking my plates back I saw there was a 45 on the sled and raced it back and forth. Took a lil breath and tried 70. Then 95. 110. 125. 150 (that one moved slooooow) and finally decided to hit it one more time with 45 as I was re-stacking the plates. Fun! Cardio! Legs! Woop! I want to work up to like, doing a 3-5 min for distance at bodyweight or something like that. :)

I did some close grip lat pulldowns, too. And 5 loooong minutes on the elliptical bouncing all over the place. Hate that thing. Tried to hit 21 push-ups AGAIN (I think I've been at that number for 2 weeks) and got 19. I have NO idea how i managed the 20 anymore :( Ah, and 12 reps of recline rows to finish it off.

Now I've gotta shower, eat and get crackin' on being an adult and cooking meatballs in prevision of my grandma's birthday lunch tomorrow! :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115/120, 5X5X 122
    Sumo squats-5X5X107
    OHP-1X5X45/50/55, 5X5X60
    BP-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 80
    BR-5X5X 85
    DL-1X5X 145

Today I am up to my max amount on all Lifts except Deecell. I was even able to do five sets of five reps at 60 pounds for the overhead press which I have never done before! Victory!
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great work @fanncy0626 !
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    :)
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I was even able to do five sets of five reps at 60 pounds for the overhead press which I have never done before! Victory!

this is super cool.

i ticked off my second c25k session today**. 2 down, 25 more to go.

** it sucked.
  • klelk2
    klelk2 Posts: 400 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi, I just started the Stronglifts 5X5 on Tuesday. This is what I've done:

2-2:
    Squats: 5X5 45lbs
    Bench: 5X5 55 lbs
    Row: 5X5 45lbs

2-4:
    Squats: 5X5 50 lbs
    OH Press: 5X5 45lbs
    Deadlift: 1X5 95lbs

2-6:
    Squats: 5X5 55lbs
    Bench: 5X5 60lbs
    Row: 5X5 50lbs
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I did Lower Hypertrophy PHUL this morning & 2 hrs of heavy yard work this afternoon. Dragging and lifting broken tree limbs around my house to the curb. We had a crazy, wet snowstorm that destroyed our trees. Functional weightlifting!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    I did Lower Hypertrophy PHUL this morning & 2 hrs of heavy yard work this afternoon. Dragging and lifting broken tree limbs around my house to the curb. We had a crazy, wet snowstorm that destroyed our trees. Functional weightlifting!

I'm sorry to hear about your trees!
  • ninenines
    Options
    Also sorry about the trees @Sumiblue but at least you got a workout.

Rest day yesterday, still recovering from the pull-ups on Thursday. But I was photographing a wedding, so pretty active.

Today, back feeling OK so decided to do Stronglifts, just dialled back the weight. Finally hit 5x5 at 22.5kg on the OHP, so stoked!

SQ: 5x5 at 30kg
    OHP: 5x5 at 22.5kg
    DL: 1x5 at 60kg

Followed up with M&F KB Day 4
    2x5,4,3,2 Alternating Press
    2x5,4,3,2 Pull-up. I got some assistance bands today, used all three for today.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Squats: 5x5 @ 78kg
    Bench: 4/4/4/5/5 @ 35kg
    Row: 3/3/4/4/4 with 22kg dumbbell

Pull ups 3x5

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squat-3X7X 25
    Russian kettle bell swings's-20 2X 10 X 25

I decided to give my body a little rest today so deloaded from the 30 pound kettle bell to the 25.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Went to gym after work last night. Decided to go to the big gym since membership ends in around a week. Upper body day went much better there with the regular flat bench and all. Going to do lower body tonight after 10 hour shift, wee.

70 - Upper Power

bench 3x4 @ 110 - The very last sets last rep was a grind but it went much better this time.
    db incline bench 3x10 @ 35
    ohp 3x3 @ 85 - last reps were hard but managed it at last as working set
    lat pull 3x10 @ 80
    overhead tri ext 2x10 and 1x8 @ 50 - challenging so didn't count the last couple attempts on the last set
    t-bar row 3x8 @ 50 - Just counting the plates added to the bar. It was interesting to try.

30 minute run on treadmill

• ninenines
    Options
    Kettlebells today.

5x5 goblet squat at 16kg
    16x7 KB swing at 16kg

I think it's time to find a heavier kettlebell. I'm think about getting a 20kg and a 24kg to round out my set. And maybe a 28 and/or 32kg down the track.

Went for a jog and pulled a calf. I have such dodgy calf muscles, it's incredibly frustrating.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    ninenines wrote: »
    Kettlebells today.

5x5 goblet squat at 16kg
    16x7 KB swing at 16kg

I think it's time to find a heavier kettlebell. I'm think about getting a 20kg and a 24kg to round out my set. And maybe a 28 and/or 32kg down the track.

Went for a jog and pulled a calf. I have such dodgy calf muscles, it's incredibly frustrating.

You're doing amazing!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    rib/lat stuff is back. agh. lumbar/si may be better. it's like pushing in buttons on a toaster, i swear.

anyway, i kept it conservative. ohp 55, deadlift 130, squats 55 #meh.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    also, i got the foam roller and just lay on it. tummy first and face down, and went limp.

go ahead and try this. i dare you. i found a good freakout zone and got to work on just 'melting' myself through/into it. and after 45 seconds or so my entire bum got all hot.

i know this is tmi but a) i'm fascinated and b) it's all science and c) the idea of describing it made me giggle.