What is your favorite healthy breakfast to start the day?

Options

Replies

• nicolafred
    nicolafred Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im quite boring, I make myself a coffee in a flask to take to work (set off at 8am), at around 9am when i arrive at work I have 2 scrambled medium eggs, with a little milk, cooked in the microwave. The coffee keeps me feeling full, and the eggs keep me going until 1pm. At the weekend I may make pancakes as a treat (although the calories are around 300 for homemade) or have eggs again.
  • bodam2005
    bodam2005 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I alternate between a Service of Coaches Oatmeal with mixed fruit and 6 almonds or I have a 2 "egg" eggbeaters omelette with grilled onions and peppers. I also usually have a banana with both of them.
  • quzzdragon
    quzzdragon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've recently started eating these: http://www.willcookforfriends.com/2014/04/crustless-mini-quiche-single-serving-breakfast-muffins.html

They're SO easy which is important for busy mornings. Each one is packed with lots of veggies and protein. I found mine made closer to 24 muffins, so I'm set for about 2 weeks of breakfast!
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for recipes I hate breakfast
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of go to breakfasts. The first is one egg cooked with butter spray. Two slices of Sara Lee 45 cal bread, one for the egg and one for sugar free jam.I usually have turkey sausage or turkey bacon with it. Calories are about 270.
    My second is two Eggo waffles with blueberries and lite cool whip on them and again wither turkey sausage or turkey bacon. About 390 calories.
  • lyndseybellz
    lyndseybellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    2 pieces of butterball turkey bacon
    2 eggs over easy on toast!
    and 8oz of Hood calorie countdown chocolate milk!

it NEVER gets old! you can't beat 80 calorie chocolate milk!
  • diane1223
    diane1223 Posts: 43 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One of my favorites is Southwestern Egg Beaters and Laughing Cow cheese. I spray a small bowl with pam, and mix the egg beaters with a piece of LC cheese cut up into small pieces. Microwave for about 45 seconds. Add ham if wanted. I love cut up strawberries too! Sometimes if I know I will be eating out or eating more, I keep calories low by eating a carton of Greek Yogurt.
  • kab39
    kab39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    2 pieces Ezekiel raisin toast with 1tbsp whipped cream cheese or 2 eggs fried in pam coking spray
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Spinach Omelette 185 calories. This recipe is very quick, easy, and simple.

2 beaten eggs
    1/2 to 1 cup of fresh baby spinach
    1/2 tablespoon brummel and brown yogurt spread
    non-stick pan

(Of course you can add mushrooms or green onions for a minimal amount of calories if you are up to chopping in the morning. ;-)

Method:
    1. Melt brummel and brown in pan on medium heat
    2. Add spinach and briefly sauté
    3. Pour eggs over spinach and with a spoon make sure that the eggs and spinach are equally distributed in the pan
    4. Cook until eggs become solid (this only takes a few minutes so watch it)
    5. Fold the omelette and flip it
    6. Cook to taste
    7. Serve with your favorite low calorie condiments. Salsa or Tobasco are my favs.
  • Taryn628S
    Taryn628S Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Special K frozen breakfast sandwiches are an alternative option! It's my go-to for rushed mornings (better than skipping breakfast altogether!)
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    slower cooker oats, they are hot and ready for you by morning.
  • joymomrn4
    joymomrn4 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love all of the breakfasts above! I have to have variety or I get bored and loose interest in eating healthy. I love to put Kashi high protein cereal in Triple Zero Yogurt in addition to adding low fat cottage cheese as well. It does sound gross, but you will be surprised. All that protein keeps me satisfied and I love the crunch (use just about 1/4 cup of cereal)
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    a platter of fruit, bread, baked beans + cheesy omelettes.. yummy!
    or
    toast with nutella
    or
    chocolate oatmeal porridge with choc chips, nuts and fruits
    or
    peanut butter oatmeal
    or
    full meal with rice, veges and chicken

depending on what i feel like eating atm.. :)
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Protein matcha pancakes is what I've been having for the past 3 days.
    2 eggs (i tend to use a yolk and a white)
    1/4 cup of milk (or water)
    1 scoop of protein powder
    1/8 scoop of baking powder
    a small serving of matcha.
    I also sometimes add some psylliym husks for fibre.
    I just whisk it all and make it into a light batter, fry them up and it's ready.

I usually top it up with 50ml of light coconut milk, cinnamon and berries (pomegranate in the picture).

orutiaankpus.png

Tomorrow I'm having chia pudding
    150ml of coconut milk,
    15g of chia...left in the fridge throughout the day so they groooow
    pp.PNG 748.5K
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    I do a smoothie every morning. It's 1 c. frozen blueberries, 1 cup coconut water, 1 cup packed spinach, 1/2 cup ff greek yogurt, 1 T. flax meal and 1 tsp. Matcha powder. It's so nutritious and keeps me going for hours.
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    I do a smoothie every morning. It's 1 c. frozen blueberries, 1 cup coconut water, 1 cup packed spinach, 1/2 cup ff greek yogurt, 1 T. flax meal and 1 tsp. Matcha powder. It's so nutritious and keeps me going for hours.

Oh, and it's 220 calories
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Today I did 2 eggs a tbsp of coconut oil a hand full of baby spinach and a pinch of Mexican blend shredded cheese. It was over 400 cals. But it kept me so full until lunch!
  • mr1217
    mr1217 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    jesspettie wrote: »
    I love my home made breakfast burritos. You can wrap them individually and then just grab one and microwave it before you head out the door. 170 cal each!

You mentioned you add cheese to the burritos but not how much.

Also, how do you re-heat these?

They really sound delicious. I'd like to try them.

Marilyn

• mr1217
    mr1217 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This recipe is called Greek Frittata and it's a Weight Watcher recipe that I slightly modified. It's a good recipe if you're diabetic, but it's not low fat. I like to make it on the weekend when I have some time to prepare it.

1 tsp. olive oil
    1 baby Yukon Gold or red potato, shredded with a cheese grater (about 2 oz.)
    1/3 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
    1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
    1 tsp. dried oregano
    1/8 tsp. black pepper
    2 eggs, beaten
    2 oz. low-fat feta cheese

Add olive oil to small non-stick skillet. Add shredded potato, veggies and spices to skillet. Cover skillet and cook potato hash mixture until browned. I usually stir the mixture 2 or 3 times. Once the potato hash mixture is ready, pour scrambled eggs over mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle feta cheese mixture on top. Cover skillet and heat until eggs are cooked and cheese is softened.

Serves one and is extremely filling.

• GlitterGlamma
    GlitterGlamma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For a breakfast on the go I use Schwebels 35 cal bread .( 70 cal.) Mix one serving of Peanut butter powder (53 cal ) with 1 oz. fat free cream cheese(30 cal) and make a sandwich. total calories 153!