Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• anthophora
    anthophora Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....Feeling great about fitness lately (love lifting and running and have made it a habit). But I can't seem to get the food correct.

I start out great. I record everything and make good choice but then the dinner comes and it all goes to crap. Wanting to lose 20-30 lbs but not lose some of the muscle/fitness gains I have made in the past year.
  • 3p0l0v3sU
    3p0l0v3sU Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yesterday i woke up with a killer stomach ache and my family wouldn't let me eat my usual diet foods, so i had a cheat day...Back on the wagon though. Gl domie and anthro!
  • DWS1977
    DWS1977 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First check in, I'm doing ok today - just need to muster up the enthusiasm to make it to BodyAttack tonight - grotty weather is not helping
  • anthophora
    Options
    Started Keto yesterday.

Goal of <30g of carbs and about 150-175g of protein; ~80g fat. Just bought caliper to see body fat. Still going to drink a beer or two on the weekends.

Goal is to lose fat without losing some fitness gains (strength and cardio) that I am proud of making in the past year.
  • DomieCarrasco
    DomieCarrasco Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Man, when I work long shifts I eat like once. So bad for you. At least I got breakfast in. And doing a gym seah tonight around 10.
  • purplesccy
    purplesccy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    3 pounds away from the 50 mark. Hardest 3 pounds to lose ever!
  • acushhh
    acushhh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did horrible yesterday on my food diary. All because i got an iced Starbucks coffee in the morning....get's me every time. No more of those.... :neutral:

New day...I will do better...
    purplesccy wrote: »

Way to go, Purplesccy!!! You can do it, stay positive! :smile:
  • MrCook49
    MrCook49 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    New poster here...just finished 5k on the treadmill and some weight training. Feeling good! Looking to make friends with other LGBT folks...feel free to add me as a friend!
  • anthophora
    Options
    MrCook49 wrote: »
    finished 5k on the treadmill and some weight training. Feeling good!

This is basically my routine as well! I started the whole keto diet on Monday. Tried to run 4 miles today (non-lifting day). I felt like total crap. Will try to take some salts (K and Mg mainly - I think I get enough Na). Tomorrow is another day.
  • purplesccy
    purplesccy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    acushhh wrote: »
    I did horrible yesterday on my food diary. All because i got an iced Starbucks coffee in the morning....get's me every time. No more of those.... :neutral:

New day...I will do better...
    purplesccy wrote: »

Way to go, Purplesccy!!! You can do it, stay positive! :smile:

THANK YOU!!!
  • DomieCarrasco
    DomieCarrasco Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you, when you do an 8 1/2 shift of pure cleaning. THEN you hit the gym it is hard work. I know I am going to feel the soreness tomorrow. 15 pounds left to lose for my first mini goal! A half sleeve.
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Please add me :) I love new friends <3 XOXOXO
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    A lot's happened since my last "daily check-in". Oops.

Well and truly hit my goal, the 35kg (appx 77 lbs) I wanted to lose has been lost, so I am BMI normal. I'll find out in a couple of weeks exactly what fat percent I am when I get my next DEXA scan. I've stopped actively losing weight, and I'm now training at the gym to start building some muscle to fill in the loose skin.

And at the weekend I did my first ever triathlon; 400m swim, 18km bike, 4km run. I finished, and finished under the 1 hour 30 mins that I set as a target. I am seriously happy to have achieved that!
  • prayersinchairs
    prayersinchairs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Today was a pretty good day. Work sucked but the actual work part wasn't as bad as normal. I'm hoping to hit the gym later to make up for not working as much at work.
  • helga5200
    helga5200 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey all:) I just found this group, very happy about that! Im in a middle of a lifestyle change which is going well so far! I started at 130 kg and lm now at 113kg! But lately I haven't been that good at keeping my diet going.. Kinda feels that I'm getting bored of it. And also!! My back has been acting up! I'm under a lot of pressure and I think my body is just really tired! Do u guys perhaps have any ideas about a sore back ? Anywho have a good day everybody!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    You guys are inspiring <3 Getting back on track.
  • umpteenthtimesacharm
    Options
    New to the group; I'm happy to find you all here. I have about 55lbs to lose and would love some internet buddies to connect with along the way. Feel free to friend me if you like.

Do u guys perhaps have any ideas about a sore back ?

@Helga5200: Sorry I don't know much about back pain but I hope your's improves soon. Can you check with your doctor about it?

And at the weekend I did my first ever triathlon; 400m swim, 18km bike, 4km run. I finished, and finished under the 1 hour 30 mins that I set as a target. I am seriously happy to have achieved that!

@vollans: That is fantastic! Congrats! How long did you have to train for it?

Happy workouts to all!
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I haven't been on in quite a while and thought I'd check in. Feel free to add me! I'm here for whatever you need... friendship, support, motivation or if you need someone to talk to. I joined Weight Watchers and bought a fitbit, so I'm checking in there a lot now. I love that we have this group <3
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. New here also. I am a student studying wildlife management, I am learning to run sled dogs, I'm an outdoor enthusiast, I'm happily engaged, aaand I have like 97lbs to lose til I'm at my goal but, like, 54 to drop for this year's goal. I've lost 23lbs so far from my heaviest and I'm really happy about that.

Um so my day was okay. Fiancée got her car stuck in the drive way somehow so I was up at 4a to get her into work before class til 5. Got home and just devoured everything BUT because I had a calorie deficit yesterday I'm still good for the weekly totals. Macros are screwed but... Eh. I'm usually a saint about my macros. And it's cold as balls out with nasty wind so I have been out as little as possible. 2lbs down today though!

@umpteenthtimesacharm gotta add someone who had a dog in their profile... Just just kinda how my world works haha.

@helga5200 I've acutely had a spot on my spine that needs to be cracked so I suppose, yes, I've been having back issues. I've been trying for the past week to pop it cause I can feel it's not aligned right but no luck
  • umpteenthtimesacharm
    Options
    Today I did a half hour on the elliptical. I wanted to do a run/walk for another 30min but the indoor track was too crowded. I hate crowds. Excuses. Excuses. But I promised myself I'll do it first thing tomorrow when the track is far less crowded.

Came home to find my partner has made homemade pizza dough for dinner. Must exert willpower. Must exert willpower :smile:

Laughing Dog, that was my Lucy girl. She was an SPCA special -- I always guessed she was a shepherd/collie cross. I had her for 13 years and she was an awesome dog. We don't currently have any dogs but hope to in the future. I have an acquaintance who races sled dogs. It looks like hard work but fun. How many dogs do you have?

Happy workouts to all.