Leslie Sansone March 2016 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
March (2016)

WELCOME to all walkers!

It is already March, 2016, and time to start a new monthly challenge! Spring is right around the corner, if not here already for some walkers! So lets make March another extraordinarily awesome month while we continue through 2016. There are still so many possibilities and opportunities for a healthy year, no matter what this year has turned out to be for each of us! Start overs are available each and every day, as well as each month here on the Monthly Challenge.

Are the trees beginning to leaf out or are tiny flowers peeking up through the snow for you because March is coming in like a lamb? Then getting out to walk your miles will ensure that we don't miss anything as spring flowers and beautiful flowering trees appear. Or is March coming in like a lion where you live? Then having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking outdoors whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into March of 2016! Can you believe it :o . It seems like we blinked and winter is almost gone away. So join us as we turn yet another calendar page... and walk our way to a Happy and Healthy March.

Let us continue through 2016 by walking strong and with the determination!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    March I'm going for the 100 again :)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 too!
    6 miles this morning at the park. Walk strong!
  • smariere
    smariere Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I just recently found Leslie, and so I also just found this group. I'm so excited to start this month's challenge! Because I'm just starting out, I'm going to set my goal for 50 miles. I'm using the Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection. Does anyone have a favorite dvd?
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My March is coming in with a Winter Storm Warning through 1AM tonight.

I just barely made my goal last month so I'm going to stick to 60 miles again until Spring decided to settle in and hatch.

@smariere I found Leslie in just the last year. I'm not sure which is my favorite DVD yet but I do like her Burn Body Fat collection she has on youTube.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    I opted for the treadmill today. I never really know which program to do. Today I tried "Random" which allowed me to get 2 miles in 35 min. Add shoveling the driveway a couple of times I'll probably be close to hitting 10,000 steps today. :)
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am in for 135

3/1

4 Miles with Leslie today
    4 Miles with Leslie total

5 Miles outside today
    5 Miles outside total

9 Total Miles ~~~ Goal 135~~~

Keep walking!
  • newjeans140
    newjeans140 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did 2 Leslie miles today. Wish I could set big goals but I do what time permits at 5am before work....do 1 hour of weights 3 nights a week also. I would like to try for 4 mornings a week vs. my 3 then weekend walking/hiking. Keep walking everyone, walk, walk, walk.
  • sudha2825
    sudha2825 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did 4.5 miles in the park yesterday ie. The 1st .. hope to do 3 miles today ..will aim 10000 steps everyday of March
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    10/100
    WATP 2 mile express twice this morning.
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My walking goal for March is 42 miles. We're still knee deep in winter in my corner of the world so all of my walking is done with the Leslie Sansone Youtube videos. I don't have a favourite one yet but I love her energy and her spirit and her encouragement in all of the various videos I've seen of her. She's an inspiration.
    Happy walking everyone!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    March Goal-3.5 miles/day or 108.5 for the month

3/1-Vivofit tracked 3.6 miles=3.6 total miles

My favorite DVD is 4 Fast Miles in the WAH Walk Slim series. It has walking, boosting and gets me through a good workout in 45 minutes! It is my "go to" DVD when I am not sure which one I want to do.

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • Deeder522
    Options
    I did another "random" 2 mile on the Treadmill. I feel like I am starting to walk stronger which hopefully means this Spring/Summer I'll be able to do better outside. There is a warm up coming to my area in the next few days. Maybe I can get in gear for my first outside walk of the year.
  • newjeans140
    newjeans140 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did 2 Walk It Of In 30 Days with Leslie miles this morning. Everyone have a great day tomorrow! Walk, walk, walk!
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not good at settings goals but I have gotten a little walking so far.
    2 miles. I'm you to have to pick up the pace I had through my job one of those health benefits and unless I change me I'll be in sad shape medically soon. I need to lose 130.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    13/100
    1 Mile Start Quick & Easy
    2 Mile Express WATP
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Goal for March - 123 miles (to better March 2015 - 122.5)
    10 days over 10,000 steps

Mar 1 - 2.5 miles
    Mar 2 - 3 miles
    Mar 3 - 5.1 miles - 11327 steps (1/10)

I am going to really have to step up my walking next week... curling is finished this weekend and way too much snow for golf!!

I have several Leslie DVD's but haven't really decided which one is a favourite. I really enjoy walking outside with my dog.
  • sudha2825
    sudha2825 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    March 2 3.4 miles
    March 3... I did Leslie Sansone 2 mile video and walked outside ...total of 156186 steps.

Aiming for a 10000 today .
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Went to the gym this morning and almost everyone was on a treadmill. I opted for the elliptical but forgot to keep my phone on me. Machine said I did 2.35 miles.
  • zichab
    Options
    March Goal-3.5 miles/day or 108.5 for the month

3/1-Vivofit tracked 3.6 miles=3.6 total miles
    3/2-Vivofit tracked 1.5 miles=5.1 total miles
    3/3-Vivofit tracked 4.2 miles=9.3 total miles
    3/4-WAH-Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms-3 miles=12.3 total miles

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • zichab
    Options