Team 10 Are we ready to be Rock Stars!

Options

Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Buzymomof_3 this is an honor system. Count the minutes you take practicing and doing the dance towards our race minutes plus let us know you have managed to dance along with the whole video. Just a fun thing to do -no need to send us a video. In the last challenge, if you could have seen me dance, you would end up seeing me flat on my butt during a russian cossak dance! Video of me would have been good for a laugh.

PS I see @mallowbar has clatified everyone needs to do at least one of the roadblocks this week. Enjoy Mama Mia.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Off to work! I can't wait to get to the gym tommorow. I need a workout. Has anyone heard from April Rn . I'm thinking she dropped from the group already . I might have missed her in the member list but have not heard from her or greyismycolour
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Zerlinna, and I'm currently a stay at home mom. I also have my RN degree @mallowbar, Yay for fellow RNs. I'm looking to just maintain my weight, work out more, and eat better. I need something to motivate me to do a better job. That's why I'm here. So nice to meet you all!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    @mallowbar radio silence here. Double messages privately and encouragement on this thread but so far nothing. Hope they spring up with flying colours tomorrow as we start our race together.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    @SamandaIndia just so I got it right, we should time any exercise we do during each day? I ask this because I go to the gym for a non stop cardio workout, but I do exercises at home to throughout the day with my kids. Little spurts here and there. Should I count them too. I don't have a fitbit.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    @shockvalue07 I include my walking (step counter on phone), gym and outdoor exercises. If you are up n moving then, if I was you, I would make an estimate of how much and include it. Then you can try and do more the next day. Keeps me motivated. @mallowbar is the official guide for our challenge but that's how I think about it.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    That's what I was thinking, I am going to try to do some calisthenics everyday along with stretching either before or after my workout at the gym. I want to start strength training but I just don't know where to start at the gym so I'm doing a little at home with the weights I have. Hopefully I will soon gain enough confidence at the gym to start strength training there, since they have so much more to choose from.
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    @shockvalue07 I include my walking (step counter on phone), gym and outdoor exercises. If you are up n moving then, if I was you, I would make an estimate of how much and include it. Then you can try and do more the next day. Keeps me motivated. @mallowbar is the official guide for our challenge but that's how I think about it.

Great to know. I'm going to spend all day tomorrow packing up a 20ft container with boxes laying around a 200m hallway. While not officially exercise I'm definitely going to be burning some serious calories! I'll use my fitbit to time it.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    @plainanjelik good luck with the packing. Love to hear what you burn.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I either have each of you as a friend or I've sent a friend request through.

I'm just back from a 3 mile run & 10 mile walk. It's a pity the challenge starts tomorrow, as I've managed to clock more than 256mins of exercise over this weekend. But I've started as I mean to go on... :smile:

It's been very cold here over the weekend, so I'll try and get my mins clocked up with the gym or exercise videos at home this week. That said, I can get 35-40 mins walking in every day. I might brave the outside again next weekend. I'm really looking forward to eating Greek food though. I'm going to order my shopping soon, some lots of lamb and olives will be included and I foresee some really tasty dishes this week. I could eat Greek yogurt or hummus with every meal, so this will be easy.

I can't wait to see how everyone else reaches their minutes. I'll be stopping by here most days to check it out!
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Squat challenge complete for today! Will start the arm challenge tomorrow.
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    @SamandaIndia just so I got it right, we should time any exercise we do during each day? I ask this because I go to the gym for a non stop cardio workout, but I do exercises at home to throughout the day with my kids. Little spurts here and there. Should I count them too. I don't have a fitbit.

Just guesstimate if you don't have timed workouts . I bet it's more than you think.
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Thais, 30 years old, I am Brazilian, living in New England, I started this journey almost four years ago. I did really well my first year and a half on mfp, I was down to 164lbs, but in August 2014 I discovered I have a serious, rare eye condition and will have to receive treatment for the rest of my life. Some of this treatment and just the unfortunate news, just about completely derailed me, I had a terrible year struggling to stay on track. December 2015, I decided I didn't want to feel uncomfortable and miserable anymore, and I had to do something so that by Christmas I would be a different me. I started the 30 day shred, December 1, and I haven't stopped. Today I'm down 20lbs and very, very happy! :smile:

I'm looking forward to getting to know you and making new friends, motivating and smashing this challenge together!

My stats are:
    5'9
    Starting weight: 216
    Current weight: 196
    Goal weight (for the challenge): 185
    Ultimate goal: 155
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Welcome Dex_.

Day one of amazing race and I am off the starting line with 30mins body weight training including arm n leg challenges. How about everyone else?? Have a great day.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Hi everyone, today I feel like I have a hang over, Not a good way to start the 1st day of the race. I'm super motivated to get this going since I'm now reminded of what my past diet made me feel like. I can't believe I spent so many yrs. feeling like this day after day. I'm so ready to stay on track and not derail. No white sugar, white bread, or white flour this week. I'm ready!! Good luck to everyone!
  • Melodieccurn
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Glad to have you here Dex_! I totally understand where you are coming from Dex_ . When something hits us , we don't expect ,it ungrounds us and what do we do ? It's either food or drugs and food has always been a crutch for me. I have found only recently how much exercise though can give me the same comfort, something I enjoy and the endorphins and well the other wonderful benefits I've been seeing. So let's get this party started. Today is a big workout plan for me. I have a session with my trainer on weight lifting for an hour then 90 min cardio.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @shockvalue07 I always think when your day starts rough it can actually be more rewarding at the end of the day knowing that you succeeded despite feeling rubbish. You've got this!

I haven't planned my workout yet for this evening. I think I'll pick one of the xbox fitness workouts or a DVD this evening. I'll post up my time accumulated this evening.

Good luck with your workout @mallowbar! It sounds tough but definitely rewarding!
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Didn't tell you where I live, but I am in Charleston, SC, and it's supposed to be in the 70s and sunny here. Lots of walKing planned for my exercise this week! I'm excited to get started.
  • briwashington5
    briwashington5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Dance complete for today.
    Have a great day 1 everybody!!
  • briwashington5
    briwashington5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @shockvalue07 I know what you mean on the eating a certain way and feeling horrible. Still hard to find a balance of what I can and can't eat. At least you know now and can start working on your journey. Best of luck on day 1!!!