Team 10 Are we ready to be Rock Stars!

Options

Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone. I have my USA visa for business. Wahoo. Look out hooooouston. Walking ro Bloom for a night of pampering n mental health. Could have scooted or drove. It snowed today n F cold out here but miles will not walk themelves away from our big apple starting point!
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Pork Souvlaki with homemade tzatziki for dinner. I did want wholemeal pittas but the local was out, so rice or quinoa will go along with that and some lettuce leaves.

No sugar or white flour today :)
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    @shockvalue07 I know what you mean on the eating a certain way and feeling horrible. Still hard to find a balance of what I can and can't eat. At least you know now and can start working on your journey. Best of luck on day 1!!!

Thanks, good luck to you too.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I walk Finn 3.5 miles everyday and my legs were so rubbery and ouchy from yesterday's running workout that it took us over an hour to do it. I recorded the longer time so, YAY?

Lunch because, for me, it's always about the food. So far no refined sugars today.
    ch6atlbv4yyg.jpg
    Greek salad with feta cheese, Kalamata olives, bell peppers, organic herb salad mix with spinach, and broccoli (not Greek, just because I can)

Also, Middle Eastern Chick-Pea and Potato. Greece is next to the Middle East so while the spices are different the ingredients of potato, tomato, and chick-peas is a combination found in Greek food.

• SamandaIndia
    Options
    Arm and leg challenge completed plus other weight exrrcises in 30 mins. No sugar etc. Spinach n feta thank you greeks plus 90 mins walking.

How are our quiet achievers going. Weigh in day tomorrow. Cheese intollerance test for me too.
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing awesome! @tangledthread, your meals look and sound delicious! I haven't gone shopping yet for some proper Greek food, but I did have sardines in delicious extra virgin olive oil on some triscuit crackers for lunch, I'm pretty sure that should count! :)

Today I pushed hard to put a good dent in my minutes, I did circuit training, Pilates, went for a walk with my little boys in the frozen tundra that is the long driveway/road to my house, back and forth, twice, and I also did the arm and squat challenges. For a total of 67 minutes.

I wanted to ask, I don't have a scale but I do weigh in on Sunday afternoons religiously, will that be ok? I don't really want to have a scale around to obsess over.

Hope you're all having a good day!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Just post what you weigh on Sunday's that is fine.
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sweet, thanks!
  • jabbar44
    jabbar44 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My name is jabbar. I live in Illinois. I weigh 186.6. I was on atkins dropped 10lbs in 2weeks. Trying exercise and calorie restrictions. 1660/day. Don't have a target weight just want to be healthier.
  • TangledThread
    Options
    @SamandaIndia are you saying that it's possible that you won't be able to eat cheese too? Or the hope is that you can add cheese back to your diet? Either way, I hope that it's figured out you start feeling better. Food intolerance aren't any fun.

@Dex_ sardines in olive oil is about as Greek as it gets. I like the ones in mustard sauce. yum.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    jabbar44 wrote: »
    My name is jabbar. I live in Illinois. I weigh 186.6. I was on atkins dropped 10lbs in 2weeks. Trying exercise and calorie restrictions. 1660/day. Don't have a target weight just want to be healthier.

Glad to see you here!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    I'm not sure if I have done the nutritional challenge or not. I had a slim fast shake this morning. I'm not sure if that is considered to have refined process sugar or not. What do ya'll think.
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good day! I probably had my most active day ever today. Arm challenge and squat challenge done before work. Spent 3 hours packing a container before I called it quits. Fitbit gave me 138 active minutes for that so that's what I recorded it as. Also had a 90 minute martial arts session tonight. My sensei is not letting up on me at all. Prepping for my first tournament on Saturday! I'm excited yet nervous. Hoping I don’t get punched in the face :neutral:
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good day! I probably had my most active day ever today. Arm challenge and squat challenge done before work. Spent 3 hours packing a container before I called it quits. Fitbit gave me 138 active minutes for that so that's what I recorded it as. Also had a 90 minute martial arts session tonight. My sensei is not letting up on me at all. Prepping for my first tournament on Saturday! I'm excited yet nervous. Hoping I don’t get punched in the face :neutral:

That's awesome, good luck in the tournament.
  • Tusksmom
    Tusksmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    First day with no sugars!!!! My body is really tired but I know I can beat my coke/sweet tea habit!!!!
  • TangledThread
    Options

Awesome day! The tournament sounds exciting. Good luck.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    If you are tired with no sugars try adding broth into your diet or something salty. Lower carb diets are known to help our kidneys flush waste out which takes salts n water out, so we need to replace both.
  • theetycho
    theetycho Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Tusksmom wrote: »
    First day with no sugars!!!! My body is really tired but I know I can beat my coke/sweet tea habit!!!!

You go girl! You can do it! :smiley:
  • theetycho
    theetycho Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My names Liz. Sorry I'm just barely checking in (I've literally slept like all day) but I'm SUPER duper excited to get this ball rollin, get back on track with my fitness regime, and get my dancing pants on for the roadblock challenge! (Thank you @mallowbar ) lol
    Alright Team 10 let's kick some but this week! We got this! ♡
  • 20KimmieKim16
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Day 1 of the nutritional challenge and road block 2, done! Yay me!! Maybe tonight I can squeeze that dance in.