Team 10 Are we ready to be Rock Stars!

Options

Replies

• zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good day! I probably had my most active day ever today. Arm challenge and squat challenge done before work. Spent 3 hours packing a container before I called it quits. Fitbit gave me 138 active minutes for that so that's what I recorded it as. Also had a 90 minute martial arts session tonight. My sensei is not letting up on me at all. Prepping for my first tournament on Saturday! I'm excited yet nervous. Hoping I don’t get punched in the face :neutral:

Great job!
  • zerlinna87
    Options
    Tusksmom wrote: »
    First day with no sugars!!!! My body is really tired but I know I can beat my coke/sweet tea habit!!!!

Great job! Cutting out sugar is so hard!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I know cutting the sugars is hard at first. I do paleo and when I first started had the headaches and irritability. I will never go back to processed sugars. Once you get through it ,energy is crazy. I also have a couple suggestions. Drink coconut water, amazing filler for your electrolytes ESP potassium. When you get withdrawal symptoms, headaches, shaking mood changes. Eat a protein . Yogurt low sugar of course, cheese or a hard boiled egg. There are others but the HB egg is my standby.
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Squat and arms challenge done & done, plus 60 minutes of weight lifting. Total of 64 minutes today.

I'm gonna get some more sardines in later, so count me in for Greek food day 2.

Hope you're all doing well!
  • Tusksmom
    Tusksmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My protein shakes have sugar so does this count as processed sugars? I think I need clarifications on processed sugars. I am new to all this. Thanks!!!!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Tusksmom wrote: »
    My protein shakes have sugar so does this count as processed sugars? I think I need clarifications on processed sugars. I am new to all this. Thanks!!!!

What kind of protein shake are you drinking
    ?
  • Tusksmom
    Options
    I am drinking the premium protein shakes. They have 30g protein. I get them at SAMs... They taste good and fast for a busy teacher
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Today's brunch is a plate of Greek Meze
    ze3y5tce4fp2.jpg
    Hummus, Chicken and Black Grape salad, and Melitzano Salata (roasted eggplant dip) served with olives, GF Brown Rice Crackers and vegetables for dipping.

I'm still newish to tracking and every new food is a surprise.

Saturday I found out a large glass of whole milk had as many calories at the brownie I ate with it. Today I found out my "so rich it must be bad for me" chicken salad of leftover chicken, Greek-yogurt-cream-cheese, ricotta cheese, and olive oil mayo is surprisingly low in calories. I had to check the linked ingredients 4 times because I couldn't believe it. It's even better once I made it "Greek" by adding the black grapes.
  • Tusksmom
    Options
    Make that premier shakes they have 1 g sugar
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How is everyone getting on with the dance (if your doing it)? I just had 4 runs through it and I think I've got it. I'm very uncoordinated though, so I flail at bit.

Arms done, squats rest day. Only walking today for exercise and I'm still really sore from my weekend activities. I have Thurs and Fri off though, so I'll be heading to the gym for some major burns.

I will give the dance another go (or 2) this evening. It is pretty fun :)

Edit: I decided to just get 20 mins of intervals in this evening after all whilst I was waiting for my shopping to turn up. I'm glad I did and feel mentally better than I did earlier.
  • zerlinna87
    Options
    Today's brunch is a plate of Greek Meze
    ze3y5tce4fp2.jpg
    Hummus, Chicken and Black Grape salad, and Melitzano Salata (roasted eggplant dip) served with olives, GF Brown Rice Crackers and vegetables for dipping.

I'm still newish to tracking and every new food is a surprise.

Saturday I found out a large glass of whole milk had as many calories at the brownie I ate with it. Today I found out my "so rich it must be bad for me" chicken salad of leftover chicken, Greek-yogurt-cream-cheese, ricotta cheese, and olive oil mayo is surprisingly low in calories. I had to check the linked ingredients 4 times because I couldn't believe it. It's even better once I made it "Greek" by adding the black grapes.

This looks very good!
  • zerlinna87
    Options
    LemonSocks wrote: »
    How is everyone getting on with the dance (if your doing it)? I just had 4 runs through it and I think I've got it. I'm very uncoordinated though, so I flail at bit.

Arms done, squats rest day. Only walking today for exercise and I'm still really sore from my weekend activities. I have Thurs and Fri off though, so I'll be heading to the gym for some major burns.

I will give the dance another go (or 2) this evening. It is pretty fun :)

Edit: I decided to just get 20 mins of intervals in this evening after all whilst I was waiting for my shopping to turn up. I'm glad I did and feel mentally better than I did earlier.

I haven't tried it yet. I'm not much into dancing, but I think my three year old would enjoy watching me!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I did it again today like five times . I practiced a bit last week. I showed it to my trainer and she put it on the big screen in one of the private dance studios and we laughed so hard doing it. It was fun. You only need to do it once. I also worked out on the elliptical bike and treadmill
  • briwashington5
    briwashington5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody!!! Day 2!!!!!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I built up from day 1 to day 6 in squat challenge from a zero start to 260 by day 6. Rest day then 200 more. Now the next day and Legs told me to stop today so resting.

Visited doctor and now set for investigations into allergies and dietary intollerances. Blood test tomrrow 45mins of walking so a v light day for me exercise wise. Planning loads more tomorrow.
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    All, I'm sorry, I got sick Sunday evening and am just now starting to feel human. I will check in tomorrow. Sorry about the timing.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of road block 2 and nutrition challenge done. Got 40 minutes in at the gym, 200 calories burned. I wanted to stay longer but had to get home to the kids. As for the Greek food I'm not venturing just sticking to the spinach and olives. I think I'm doing great on the no sugar, white bread, or white flour challenge, though I'd love to have just one tsp of sugar in my coffee. I even switched to the sugar free creamer. I'm trying to quit drinking coffee but I'm getting headaches during the day. I don't know if it's the no sugar or no caffeine, may be a combo of the 2. Staying motivated!
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of no white sugar and it wasn't easy.

I found myself obsessing about food and raiding the fridge for all the things that have a naturally high sugar content. Grapes, potatoes, plain Greek yogurt mixed with pineapple, and now carrots.

It's all fine. I'm under goal. I didn't like the obsessing but that is temporary and I'm ready to do it all again tomorrow.

• SamandaIndia
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Headaches can be due to caffiene withdrawl or lack of hydration or insufficient electrolytes like salt or stress or plenty of other causes.

Low carb /low sugar tends to mean body improves its clean n clear system taking salts n water with it. A good thing, but make sure you are hydrated and getting more salt. Many folk on low carb even take salt tablets and get inproved/ reduced blood pressure, so dont be afraid of adding some salt n lots of water.

Hope @shockvalue07 your headaches clear
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    BTW the first week of low sugar is the hardest. So you are all doing great. I went cold turkey, so no sugar, cereal, startches, sweet fruit or veg in October, for medical reasons. After the first week, the body stops craving the addictive stuff as much, then in my experience, not at all. Except if I have a product that has a sweetener.... OMG crazy cravings.