What Happens When You Eat Nothing But Bacon for 30 Days Straight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    monikker wrote: »
    Ground beef, sounds neat, going to watch you hounds eat

wjp4h1wwnih7.jpg

Too funny!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    ki4eld wrote: »
    Does "all meat" literally mean nothing else, not even cream? Because I will need to gird my loins for no cream in coffee.

I would leave that up to each individual to decide. For me, it will mean only meat (ground beef) and no dairy and eggs. I might start earlier than some. We'll see when I get the burger. I also will probably go all the way through the month of April. At the very least, I'll do it for 30 days.

I would not fault you for having dairy. I am going to do this the way Stefansson did his year long experiment.
    47jjf5xiae78.png
    The Fat of the Land (Page 63).

I will exclude eggs and dairy, on my all meat diet. I'll actually do my best to stick to just ground beef. Although, if we wanted, I could also include steaks. But, that hardly seems fair. Especially since the primary amusing part would be 30 days of food logs with only one food on it.

For those strictly attempting it as an "All-Meat April" then I would totally accept dairy and eggs as a meat, as would Stefansson (really). He said those would have been fine, he excluded them simply to "get at the facts." I would also accept light seasonings and some small amount of condiments. I caution that most commercial mayo is a plant oil and would not be a meat. You could make your own from bacon grease, though, and that would be fine. Mayo from bacon grease and egg yolks would be a meat product.

In the end, it's up to you. Just no vegetables, fruits, or plants.

:lol: That quote is absolutely awesome.
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Coffee?

I am keeping the coffee. There is no way I could quit that during the school year.

Didn't we make coffee and tea the drink exceptions last year? I'm game with keeping it that way this year, too.

For the other general questions:

General rules of thumb:

It has to come from the animal kingdom, either directly (meat) or as a "product" (eggs, dairy). No, honey is not considered an animal product, as it's nectar (a plant product) thickened with enzymes.

Favor higher fat content over lower fat. Cream over milk (or, if you don't have the option for cream or half & half, whole milk over anything less), ribeye over sirloin, etc.

Coffee and tea are okay, only if unsweetened.

No artificial sweeteners.

Spices are allowed, but aren't considered "food."

Ooh, no stevia in my coffee? I better start weaning off of it now.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I know. No af sweeteners : (
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    For those contemplating, "All Animal April" also has a nice ring to it.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    For those contemplating, "All Animal April" also has a nice ring to it.

I know you're always watching, but *inside* my head? Reading my mind again.
  • ki4eld
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    General rules of thumb:

It has to come from the animal kingdom, either directly (meat) or as a "product" (eggs, dairy). No, honey is not considered an animal product, as it's nectar (a plant product) thickened with enzymes.

Favor higher fat content over lower fat. Cream over milk (or, if you don't have the option for cream or half & half, whole milk over anything less), ribeye over sirloin, etc.

Coffee and tea are okay, only if unsweetened.

No artificial sweeteners.

Spices are allowed, but aren't considered "food."

I can live with that. If I can do cream, I can live without sweeteners. I woke up this morning and decided to give it a try for a couple of days to see how my belly will do. I'll give it a few days to ensure I don't need additional meds for mah guts. If it works out, I'm in for AAA - All Animal April.
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would have loved to see some "bacon science" blood work wise before and after like that Morgan Spurlock....only without the BS cheating for entertainment.

Don't let PETA find out about AAA...you guys are just silly
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    I would have loved to see some "bacon science" blood work wise before and after like that Morgan Spurlock....only without the BS cheating for entertainment.

I just had blood drawn this morning for my regular blood panel, including a lipid profile. If I'm not in the middle of moving to London a month from now, I'm planning on going to a private clinic and paying for a new blood panel when I'm done, to satisfy my own curiousity.
  • ki4eld
    Options
    I'll have a blood draw before this starts too. I'll have another order drawn up for afterwards for S&G.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm actually toying joining for All Meat April.
    But I don't start my new MS med til April 8. I'm unprotected in the meantime since I had to quit my last one, so for now I'm trying Wahls Paleo (in theory; I semi-suck at it, e.g. I still haven't quit dairy :tongue ) which means I need lots of veggies. Maybe I'll join you guys for All Meat April the last week or two, (giving my stomach a week or two to adjust to the new med).
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    V_Keto_V wrote: »

I've actually got some numbers from last year. Insulin and FBG both dropped drastically from prediabetic to pretty squarely in normal. C-Peptide dropped, too, though not as dramatically.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    Hhhhmmmm, I should do this.... But not until after Easter. I suddenly have a craving for a burger with bacon....
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I really really want to do this, but I doubt I'll be able to last. Right now I am cutting my 'vegetable' consumption to one meal a day. I will try to do a week of AAA and hope to not gain a tremendous amount of weight off cheese.
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Starting whenever. What "stats" are we posting/recording?
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    RATSMITH69 wrote: »
    I'm in. Starting whenever. What "stats" are we posting/recording?

I am tracking change in weight and estimated body fat percentage. I am also tracking calories in. I could probably also report what my fitbit says for calories out.