Team 10 Are we ready to be Rock Stars!

Options

Replies

• 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Headaches can be due to caffiene withdrawl or lack of hydration or insufficient electrolytes like salt or stress or plenty of other causes.

Low carb /low sugar tends to mean body improves its clean n clear system taking salts n water with it. A good thing, but make sure you are hydrated and getting more salt. Many folk on low carb even take salt tablets and get inproved/ reduced blood pressure, so dont be afraid of adding some salt n lots of water.

Hope @shockvalue07 your headaches clear

Thanks for the info. I drink water all day I feel like I'm getting enough water. 90% of my sugar comes from fruit i.e., Apple and this morning I had a banana for Brkfst. No added refined sugar, I think the headaches are just coincidental.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    I find staying on track much easier when I log on here everything I plan to eat for the day first thing in the morning. Just maybe a helpful tip to someone who is finding it hard to stay on track. This way I can see in the morning if I need to add more food or take some out.
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I find staying on track much easier when I log on here everything I plan to eat for the day first thing in the morning. Just maybe a helpful tip to someone who is finding it hard to stay on track. This way I can see in the morning if I need to add more food or take some out.

Good idea! I'm struggling to log all my food for the day.
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I just started a crockpot of Greek lentil soup and made Tzataiki (cucumber, yogurt, garlic, dill salad) to go with it. It will be ready for dinner.

Personal trainer, Finn, has a limp and we will be visiting the vet today. So instead of our run I'll be doing an exercise youtube video. Any recommendations for a beginner ab workout video?
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Not sure about good any good Ab Workouts on YouTube, but I'd be interested in answers to that.

I've done the squats and arms. I'm going to the gym in the morning for Spinning followed by Fight Klub, so I should get a good burn there. If anyone has any good abs ideas I might tag that on once i get home.
  • TangledThread
    Options
    I did Leslie Sansone ab workout. Nice and beginner level like I needed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVHXpAaCk8
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Ok so I failed on day 3 of the no sugar challenge. I really thought I could do it for the whole week. I'm a person that went from only drinking regular soda and extra sweet coffee to no soda and half the sugar in my coffee and since this challenge started, no sugar at all. So I guess 2 days of no sugar is a good start. I'm having sugar today but only 3 tsp and I'm going to try the challenge again tomorrow. I had headaches and was very lethargic for the last 2 days. I don't think I was ready for cold turkey, but I'm going to try again tomorrow. At least I fought the urge to have a coke!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Great work @shockvalue07 . Nice start and caring for yourself too.

Me, big final play n walk with dog so over 90mins. Good food management given the emotional goodbye to dog as she heads to Australia. Aircraft tomorrow myself so mid Atlantic squats here I come.
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @SamandaIndia I wish I could see that! Hahaha

@TangledThread, break the news to me, you're Greek, right?

Today I did my 20 minutes of circuit training (30 day shred), squat + arm challenges. I had yummy lump crab meat crab cakes, and olive oil for my oven baked fries, so hopefully day 3 of checking that Greek ingredients box!

Very happy and excited to be part of this team!
  • TangledThread
    Options
    @Dex_ LOL. No. But when I went GF 10 years ago it wasn't the trendy thing to do and cooking was hard. I turned to Mediterranean, Indian, and African recipes as an easy way to cut out the wheat.
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just walking in the door from work at 9:00pm. Part of the reason I stayed away from med school was the 12 hour shifts but it seems they know where to find me! :pensive:

Day 2 of packing container. So put in about 12,000 steps of doing just that today plus arm challenge and squat challenge complete for today. Fitbit logs me at 75 active minutes.

Off for a shower and homework now. Hope everyone had a good day!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Have a great day everyone. Arm challenge, squat challenge, and lots of walking today for me. Plus some greek food too.
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sorry all, another zero day for me. Got a steroid shot today at the doc and some antibiotics, so hopefully will turn this around soon, but still feeling like crud. I will get the dance done, just no energy right now.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    Options
    Sorry all, another zero day for me. Got a steroid shot today at the doc and some antibiotics, so hopefully will turn this around soon, but still feeling like crud. I will get the dance done, just no energy right now.

Sorry you're sick, hope you feel better soon!
  • LemonSocks
    Options
    Spin and Fight Klub completed today. Still have to fit my squats in though. I'm not going to be sticking to the nutritional challenge today as I'm making a lamb curry and I love naan or chapattis with it.

I'm sorry to hear you are unwell @Buzymomof_3. I hope you feel better with the antibiotics.

• TangledThread
    Options
    ::sigh::

I've been declining it for months, but last night as I slept, my computer updated to Windows 10. I'm not friends with it today. When I access our spreadsheet it's empty.

Would someone please put me down for 23 min of exercise for yesterday?

Today's Greek food is cherries and all the leftovers.
  • TangledThread
    Options
    Today will be day 4 of no white sugar/flour/rice. Yesterday was easier with only a mid afternoon craving where I had an apple with ricotta cheese and cinnamon.
  • LemonSocks
    Options
    ::sigh::

I've been declining it for months, but last night as I slept, my computer updated to Windows 10. I'm not friends with it today. When I access our spreadsheet it's empty.

Would someone please put me down for 23 min of exercise for yesterday?

Today's Greek food is cherries and all the leftovers.

Done!

I've just had some hummus and wholemeal pitta for lunch for my Greek fix.

• Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    44 minutes for me today, and more seafood in for the Greek eats. I too would love if someone could please add me and my times to the spreadsheet, I looked at it and my head was spinning. I don't know if it's my husband's tablet or what, but it was confusing to me.
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm not having a great eating or exercise day. And I have a banquet to go to tonight, so it's only going to get worse, but tomorrow is a new day. And we're going to a park tomorrow, so I know I'll have lots of activity!