Daily Affirmations and Encouragement

Options

Replies

• bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I hope everyone is off to a great start and if not that is ok as well! Family situations, sickness, and other things can slow us down and throw us off course and even if the first few days didn't go well you can get started today or this weekend. I almost guarantee you that over the 16 weeks someone or something will try to sabotage your efforts but if you have the mindset that no temporary obstacle will prevent you from achieving your goals you will be better prepared for when they do pop up. Consider that part of the challenge. :) Have a great day!
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    6b6c0b97dmby.jpeg
  • Sixlees
    Sixlees Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you kinda sorta try then you kinda sorta get results!
  • AlexCarr07
    AlexCarr07 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I met my goal today, planned on a 30 minute workout and decided to get in a few more miles and added 30 more minutes. I realized if I'm not looking at the timer on the treadmill I can actually run faster and longer than I think I can
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    You will @jennitm ! And awesome @AlexCarr07 !
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can't take credit for this find, but Livgetfit posted on the general forums about an amazing app called Charity Miles. Basically you just download it and take your phone with you every time you go for a run/walk/bike ride (I believe you can also do treadmills) and it donates money to a charity of your choice.

For example, I ran around 2.5 miles and it donated $0.64. It doesn't seem like much but think of how much you'd be donating if you ran/walked 100 miles or if you added up your totals over many months.

It just might be the extra kick you need to get moving :) It's not just for you - it helps others.

Here's Livgetfit's post: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348166/if-ever-you-run-or-walk-please-read#latest
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am so proud of all of you for accepting this challenge and wish you the best in week two! Keep up the good work and if you had a set back or haven't even started yet consider resetting your intention today as it is never too late to embrace a new life style! Let's make this a great week!
  • Sixlees
    Options
    The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you are not going to stay where you are.
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    jtw1enwiwqf1.png
  • bradygin
    bradygin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love that one!
  • bradygin
    bradygin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Every time you eat is an opportunity to nourish your own body.
  • bruhaha007
    Options
    63pv5649u6of.png
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    OMG THATS SO FUNNY
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    azcl23s5yyh2.jpeg
  • bruhaha007
    Options
  • Sixlees
    Options
    This is one that I need to believe - I have always struggled with body image issues... very confident when it comes to my work life but no self confidence when it comes to my looks. Working on this through this life change process though!
    2akibkq09afo.jpg
  • Sixlees
    Options
    Happiness was trying on a pair of pants I haven't worn all winter because they were uncomfortably snug and having them not only fit but be a little loose!
    3sco787t9xtx.jpg
  • Sixlees
    Options
    Today is a great day to have a great day! Fridays are fun days...
    tuo1lvnazvbg.jpg