Weekly Challenges

Options

Replies

• NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I managed to get my protein yesterday as well. Though I found my run was terrible. I'm going to see how my jogging goes on friday and monday to see if it was just a one time thing or if having less carbs is effecting that negatively.

I found that since all my snacks have to be concentrated around getting more protein I'm feeling deprived and I ended up eating all my exercise calories in chips and chocolate when normally I wouldn't eat more then a hundred or so. I'm going to keep it up, but this interesting to see how I react to the different macro spread.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I had a killer headache yesterday (allergies??) and barely made it through the day. Working out was not an option. Was under my calorie goal though, so that is good :) Even had ONLY 2 thin mint girl scout cookies, even though there was a whole sleeve to eat :o

Getting a haircut today-yay. Took out some candied nuts to eat, then but them back after I thought about whether or not I really wanted them. Making good decisions today!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    I had a killer headache yesterday (allergies??) and barely made it through the day. Working out was not an option. Was under my calorie goal though, so that is good :) Even had ONLY 2 thin mint girl scout cookies, even though there was a whole sleeve to eat :o

Getting a haircut today-yay. Took out some candied nuts to eat, then but them back after I thought about whether or not I really wanted them. Making good decisions today!

Heheh is it bad that I always hope for a bit of a drop in weight when I get a hair cut?

I hope you're feeling better!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I want to eat the fridge today....haha so i may be at maintenance calories. Will see how the rest of the day goes.

Hope you're feeling better! @Kirstie155
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    My boyfriend surprised me with a date night tonight and took me to pizza hut and now we are getting ready to watch a movie together so I'm way over calories haha and won't be working out since once the movie is done we will need to get to bed to wake up early tomorrow so I'll kill it tomorrow!
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Ah, I finally made it under my calorie goal today. It was a rough day. There were a lot of treats - cookies, doughnuts, oatmeal. Too much on that side so I'm feeling a bit hungry, but with being marginally over days 1 - 2 and the weekend coming upon me, I really need to crack down. I did rediscover the distraction of doing my nails. I forgot how time consuming that can be (which is good for boredom eating).

@WifiresGettingFit it's so cute you were surprised by a date :) it's okay to splurge once in a while. It's one of the reasons we work so hard to get healthy - so that when those moments come, we can enjoy them and we will have more of them over time.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @VeryKatie Way to go on being under calories! I need to crack down as well and find something to distract me because although my appetite was increased yesterday (thanks to being a woman haha - seems to happen every month now) some of it was probably from boredom.
    I love oatmeal! That stuff keeps me full for 4-5 hours depending on how much I have. Right now, I'm using the Quaker Instant Packets with Dinosaur eggs that turn into little dinosaurs once the hot water reaches them and it has a little bit of brown sugar! I couldn't pass them up. haha
    Yeah I really enjoyed myself and although I knew I was going to be over calories (I actually would have been in maintenance had I not done quite a bit of snacking before my boyfriend got home thinking we were staying in to eat - already had it planned out), I really didn't care because my mindset has changed a lot over the past couple months (and actually years) For me, it's a lifestyle change so it's just part of enjoying life and I'm not going to miss out on stuff just because I'm trying to lose weight especially a surprise date night! (but I am also aware that I can't let it get out of control to where I'm losing the same ten pounds over and over.) :)

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    There are oatmeal packets with dinosaur eggs??? Where do I find these???

@WifiresGettingFit a suprise date night sound like the perfect excuse to splurge. We have to value those moments as they happen.

I am now inspired to do my nails this weekend. It has been a while since doing them and sounds like a nice treat.

Yesterday I accomplished all of my goals - stayed within my calories, went for a walk, and ate less sweets though still too many. I was strongly tempted to emotional eat yesterday, so this was a big victory for me and this challenge helped push me through those feelings. Thanks for the support ladies!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat Found it at Walmart!

quakerdinosuarhappiness.jpg

Also, way to go on crushing those goals!

• puffbrat
    Options
    I know where I'm shopping tomorrow ;)

Thanks!
  • VeryKatie
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hahaha those look awesome! I really like the Quaker Apples and Cinnamon flavour. But I want 2 packages minimum WITH milk (soy milk) to feel like it was worth it. 3 packages would be wonderful... but one packet never does much haha.

I have a really big appetite. I can out eat my husband in a given sitting quite significantly.

Like I will make dinner, give us the same portions.. he gets 3/4 way through and is stuffed (though will snack later usually) and I get all the way through and am just ok in terms of fullness - but I only stop because calories. I would happily eat another full portion hahah.

I probably should have gotten into the eating contest business LOL except I am kind of a slow eater.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat haha grab two boxes!!! (I only grabbed one and I'm regretting it!) and You're welcome! :)

@VeryKatie The oatmeal usually holds me over for at least 4 hours, but has gone as long as 6. I usually have two packets. I've been having it over the week and have yet to get a packet that is the exact serving size (50g) I'm seeing anywhere from 53-56 grams per packet. Makes me love my food scale even more haha

Oh!! I love apples and cinnamon too! I pretty much just love oatmeal haha but my favorite is definitely brown sugar (and of course it's even more awesome with dinosaur eggs haha) but we have a ton of plain in the pantry so I'm going to start tackling that after this box is gone and start adding my own stuff to it.

haha well you could always enter a contest just to see :P

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Today was a wash. Trying again tomorrow. haha
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    You can do it @WifiresGettingFit ! Is there something you're struggling with specifically today or for the upcoming weekend?

I struggled today too. I managed to push through and get an exercise done. Not the one I planned, but one nonetheless.

Tomorrow hopefully will be ok, but I basically have a Thanksgiving type meal coming on Sunday. So that day will be hard.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement! I appreciate it :)

Way to go on getting some exercise in!
    Tomorrow is going to be great and you're going to smash all your goals!

Oh....that does sound like it's going to be hard but you can do it! :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Today was a success, got not one but two workouts in and was under my calorie goal.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Another success: I got my workout in and I'm under my calorie goal.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    This weekend was a failure for me. I did exercise Friday and Sunday, but all three days I went over my calories and ate more junk food than intended. At least it all tasted really good...
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Today is a new day! :)

How is everyone else doing? It's been pretty quiet around here.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I planned on doing a longer workout but ran out of time so im over calorie goal but still under maintenance calories so id still consider today to be a success!