anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from the other night's Keto Chicken Parmuzhpg4kt1d31.jpg
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    luluchuu wrote: »
    ssbeadlady wrote: »
    Breakfast for dinner! I tried that Tip Hero egg, bacon and cheese muffin recipe with a few modifications. Turned out yummy.
    log6yfyzign9.jpeg

These look so good. I did a search but couldn't find this recipe. Where might it be located?

http://www.food.com/recipe/bacon-wrapped-cheddar-egg-bites-486479
    This sounds like a similar recipe!

WOW This is great I have bookmarked it and will be making these once I get to this food phase
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    4c2sjqbxpnye.jpeg
    Sheet-Pan Spaghetti Squash Puttanesca. Recipe from Epicurious.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    @cabennett99, that looks INCREDIBLE. Gotta find that recipe.

It's not really photoworthy, but I tried parsnips for the first time last night along with some grilled chicken fingers (marinated in Lawry's Herb and White Wine) and sweet peas. Parsnips were... interesting. Kind of like carrots but with a turnip-y kick. I mashed mine with a bit of butter, onion salt and garlic. Anyone have a better way to prepare these? I wasn't sure what to expect so I just treated them like mashed potatoes.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Love the turkey/avocado roll-up idea - thanks for the reminder!
  • ssbeadlady
    Options
    luluchuu wrote: »
    Breakfast for dinner! I tried that Tip Hero egg, bacon and cheese muffin recipe with a few modifications. Turned out yummy.
    log6yfyzign9.jpeg

These look so good. I did a search but couldn't find this recipe. Where might it be located?

http://www.food.com/recipe/bacon-wrapped-cheddar-egg-bites-486479
    This sounds like a similar recipe!

WOW This is great I have bookmarked it and will be making these once I get to this food phase

I made these using a mini cupcake pan as I had no other cupcake pan. I love them for breakfast and eat them on the 2 days I work. I had 2 of the minis as a serving. I have one serving left and finally found a regular size muffin pan. So next week I will be making more. Thanks for the link.
  • ssbeadlady
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    Leftovers from the other night's Keto Chicken Parmuzhpg4kt1d31.jpg

Oh my that looks delicious and I plan on haivng chicken tonight. Is there a recipe somewhere?
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Super simple.

Chicken breast -
    Usually, I buy the "perfect portions" ones, because they are individually wrapped and small. If you use a thicker breast, pound it thinner.

Egg wash-
    Egg-Large, preferably chicken
    Tsp Salt
    Tsp Black pepper
    Crack an egg in a bowl, whisk it up with the S&P.
    Put this in a bowl big enough for your chicken breast to fit in easily.

Breading-
    1 Cup crushed pork rinds-
    1 TBS Italian seasoning- premixed, or not, just the usual suspects (oregano, thyme, garlic, sage, basil, rosemary)
    1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan- the dry, shakey stuff.
    Combine and blitz them in the food processor, or go all HULK-SMASH with all the ingredients in a quart bag. Food Processor gives more consistency than just smashing them, but both methods work. Spread out on a plate, or use a big bowl/cookie sheet.

Other stuff
    Marinara Sauce- I went the low carb route and bought the Rao's brand. Watch out for sugars in the bigger brands.
    Shredded Italian Cheese- I usually go with a 6 cheese blend, but whatever suits your tastes better.
    Crushed Red Pepper Flakes

Preheat oven at 350*
    Pound out chicken, if so desired.
    Flip each breast around in the egg wash, then in the breading. get it as coated as possible.
    Put breasts on a baking sheet (I use parchment paper underneath, but you could use foil, or just cooking spray/oil.
    Cook the chicken breasts to an internal temp of 130*
    Take out of oven, top the breasts with marinara and cheese.
    Return to oven and cook to an internal temperature of 165*

Serve with Pasta Zero (Shirataki) Fettuccini, and veggies
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Oh, and while I'm thinking about it. I think I found a method to properly cooking the shirataki noodles. I was turned off by them at first, as they were kind of smelly, and had a rubber texture. Boil them in lightly salted water for about 7 minutes, then strain out the water and rinse. now, add them to a skillet with a little cooking spray/oil, and cook them for about 7-10 minutes. Times are not certain, i just snip a piece of and taste test.

I think they need the boil time to soften up and de-scent, and they need the skillet time to dry and break down the texture.
  • ssbeadlady
    Options
    Anbrdr Thanks for the chicken breast recipe. I am only 8 weeks post op so I don't think I can have the pork rinds, besides I don't have any in the house. I do have bread crumbs but I think that is out also. Maybe just adding some seasonings and doing the marinara and some mozzarelli shredded cheese will be enough to change up my usual chicken tenders tonight.

As for the Shirataki I had them once pre-op and the rest hit the trash. I didn't care for the smell, texture, taste and far too much work for me. Being physically disabled I am simple and fast cook.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    You can straight substitute the pork rids for breadcrumbs. The pork rinds are just a zero carb option.
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome!! I'm sooo maken it this week...THANKS! Ps: rao's sauce is my FAV!
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    Omg I made taco wonton cups...MAGIC!! swwwxg7wpkaj.jpeg
  • ssbeadlady
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    You can straight substitute the pork rids for breadcrumbs. The pork rinds are just a zero carb option.

I was told for 6 months to stay away from carbs as much as possible. No breads, crackers, rice, potato, pasta, cereal yet I am allowed oatmeal. Do you all here at carbs? How often and at what month did you all start?

I did put the Marinara Sauce on and some shredded cheddar cheese and baked it. It was delicious and a nice change. I finally have been able to eat about 1 or 2 tablespoons of vegetables this week. I had cauliflower, carrots, green pepper and onions this week after my meats.
  • AngieViolet
    Options
    I don't eat bread, rice, or pasta....but I have saltines occasionally or wonton wrappers. I make cloud bread.
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    I don't eat bread, rice, or pasta....but I have saltines occasionally or wonton wrappers. I make cloud bread.

Wonton wrappers have really become my go-to bread/cracker substitute. It's nice to have something crunchy besides almonds. Those taco wonton cups have become one of my favorite dinners, and I've also started using them to make mini-pizzas with pepperoni, sauce and cheese.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    I do eat carbs occasionally, however I try hard to make them tertiary
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    Today's lunch: an unwrapped Hormel Rev roll (sausage and pepperoni pizza) with some colbyjack cheese added and toasted in a toaster oven. Takes care of my pizza craving.
    xcw3oql2n237.jpeg