Options
    Hey, my posts seem to disappear.
    6.7 (120,6)

Which ones? -- I see them.
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    138 this morning ... that's 34 points better than yesterday and more in range of what my morning number generally is.

That's good to go lower, but expect ups & downs. Mine was back up to 127 today
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    5.7 (102.6) ack...I have been trying to eat enough calories to maintain my weight and increased carbs yesterday to around 50 per meal...had only steps yesterday and no real exercise as my son is visiting. I think I have to dial it back since I have less Metformin or only eat big on the days I run or swim...maintaining is hugely challenging for me and keeping my sugar in the low 5s or high 4s as had been my norm. Not that I will gain...it's so I don't lose more!! Ha!! Never thought I would have the problem. I don't like to snack either.....
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hey, my posts seem to disappear.
    6.7 (120,6)

Which ones? -- I see them.

I had to post this one twice. Maybe I'm just not hitting the enter button hard enough.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    JaneKnoll1 wrote: »
    5.7 (102.6) ack...I have been trying to eat enough calories to maintain my weight and increased carbs yesterday to around 50 per meal...had only steps yesterday and no real exercise as my son is visiting. I think I have to dial it back since I have less Metformin or only eat big on the days I run or swim...maintaining is hugely challenging for me and keeping my sugar in the low 5s or high 4s as had been my norm. Not that I will gain...it's so I don't lose more!! Ha!! Never thought I would have the problem. I don't like to snack either.....

I think you're worrying too much. 5.7 is a good reading. Maybe that will be your new norm going forward and maintaining your weight? If all else fails, check with your doctor or Diabetes educator.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    120 this morning
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    JaneKnoll1 wrote: »

I think you're worrying too much. 5.7 is a good reading. Maybe that will be your new norm going forward and maintaining your weight? If all else fails, check with your doctor or Diabetes educator.
    I think you are right...as long as it keeps in the range I suppose I shouldn't worry but I am a worry wart by nature and sort of obsessed with keeping good control. I eat a very good and varied diet. Lots of veggies and fiber!! I go for my 3 month A1C diebetic check in April...I put my questions in my phone so I don't forget.. Lol mind like a sieve. Hope you are feeling well Judy!!

• Goul22
    Goul22 Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    5.8 mmol/L so 104 mg/dl for you guys :)

I started my diet Monday and I've been plagued with headaches. Really struggling today. It's a pounding in my head which woke me up this morning but I wasn't low.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    Are you Canadian Goul22? I am too, I do the math for our American friends.

Jane, I was a worrier to the nth degree. I worried about the most ridiculous things. I'm much better now. I sort out the things I can change, and the things I can't. I'm still a work in progress, but getting better every day.
    Checking in here when we get the chance is a good way to help with that control.
  • Goul22
    Options
    Judy, I was a long while not testing. Perhaps stupid but I started to hate my meter. With a passion! But then I realized it was a TOOL How does the saying goes? "Out of sight, out of mind" or something like that. Was very true in my case. It actually helps when I keep an eye (or two) on my numbers. All the times I fell off the wagon... I didn't test. Coincidence? I don't think so. My pancreas might be a moron but my meter is my ally :)
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    300 @ 10am today but doing well today with meals & insulin dosages so I expect to be much better tomorrow (Thursday) morning.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    7.2 129.6 kinda high, but it could be the new diuretic the dr gave me for blood pressure. I ate pretty good yesterday.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Woot - Woot !! 117 this morning ...
    Learned something yesterday that might explain why my readings have been so high, and highly erratic ... well, it still could be my meter ... but I read yesterday that it's important to pull your finger away ust as soon as the testing strip fills with blood, as leaving the two in contact after the countdown begins will cause innacurate readings ... will keep an eye out on my testing technique to verify.
  • judyvalentine512
    Options
    Woot - Woot !! 117 this morning ...
    Learned something yesterday that might explain why my readings have been so high, and highly erratic ... well, it still could be my meter ... but I read yesterday that it's important to pull your finger away ust as soon as the testing strip fills with blood, as leaving the two in contact after the countdown begins will cause innacurate readings ... will keep an eye out on my testing technique to verify.

Very good!! I'll have to keep an eye on my testing method too. Interesting.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    113 @ 909am.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    93 :)
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I found that if you squeeze your finger to get blood, I get a higher reading. If I clean off with alcohol wipe & try again, it's a better reading. Just a thought :) Today was 121
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
  • Goul22
    Options
    92.4 ... Lowest since I've been on a diet :)