TEAM 1: TEAM AWESOME!

Options

Replies

• cygrad03
    cygrad03 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Weather here is horrible too. Just when we think it is spring, winter comes back again. I get a lot more exercise when it is nice out. I get up every morning (even this morning when I was up a lot in the night with 2 sick kids) to work out - and except for Sunday rest day. My day just doesn't feel right if I don't. It's nice to have that quiet time to myself before it gets crazy. When it gets nicer my whole family goes for walks after work as well. I am very ready for this winter to be over!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!! Today is my Friday. It has been a long week so I am ready! I have had a couple comments about some of my shirts looking big on me, so I might take advantage of the day off to do a little shopping. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good day!

Nice! Enjoy the shopping :smiley:
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Well, thanks a lot guys ! I feel reassured. It's hard for me the feeling that I'm not contribuating to the team points. For the last 3 days, I wasn't able to workout at all.
    My boyfriend bought me some better medication especialy for muscles spams and today, I feel better.

I have this problem that I'm having trouble to rest "ENOUGH", I always want to get back to fast and I'm not helping.
    So, my injuries tend to come back.

I decided that I will only work my legs for a while. I wont even run :( because when you run, even if it's mostly legs you have tension in you shoulders and neck and you are bouncing etc...

So, I will walk, but today it's snowing here. There is this cardio machine at the gym where you sit with your back resting (looks almost like a car seat) and you just pedal with your legs, so I will try that.

My weight went from 151,2 yesterday to 148 this morning. Still over the start of the challenge. I hope it will keep dropping in the next days.

@lbenson2006 Great news, have fun shopping!

@cygrad03 I am also very ready for some spring and sun !

Thanks again everybody for your support! You helped me a lot!
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Isabelle-I'm glad you're feeling it better just take it easy. I'd hate to lose you as a team member, your contributions to posting are motivating & help our team stay strong!

• gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am shopping at the Thrift stores to get the smaller sizes- it saves money and I don't feel bad when I recycle them to someone else. I spent under $3 yesterday for two pairs of pants and one formal dress.
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am shopping at the Thrift stores to get the smaller sizes- it saves money and I don't feel bad when I recycle them to someone else. I spent under $3 yesterday for two pairs of pants and one formal dress.

That's a great idea. I usually try to find my scrubs there but haven't been lucky lately
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Isabelle, so glad you are feeling better, but like Connie says, take it easy. You are a strong member of this team and we would hate to lose you.

Gayle, that is a great idea. Less than $3 is insanity. I cannot believe that.

Weather here is crazy too. It will be mid 70s one day then 40s and 50s right after that. I am so ready for spring to finally stick.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love thrift stores & get most of my clothes there. The Goodwill stores in my area have great stuff, I end up with nicer brands than if I bought new!
    I also look for scrubs there but hard to find nice ones unless you're a size small! Maybe someday! :)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Team one won again. Congratulations guys!! Keep up the hard work. With our positivity and dedication to each other, I think we will continue to excel! Good job!
  • berylw49
    berylw49 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Go team! We are truly awesome. :smile:

Isabelle, glad you will stick with us and that you are feeling better!
  • leannev68
    leannev68 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Team Awesome!!!! I attribute a lot of our success to the consistent amount of action in our discussion thread. All the sharing and caring that happens really promotes a feeling of belonging to a warm, accepting group of gals!
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Yay us !!

I'm sure if it weren't for the team. It would have take me much more time to get back to a better mood! It's so great to have you all!

I gave that machine a try today:

w9hgjp2624np.jpg

And it was perfect because my arms and upper body were resting but my a** and legs were working hard! I managed to break quite a sweat and didn't felt any pain at all! And I actually liked it. I'm starting to realise that when I do eliptical or this "stairmaster" I sweat much more than when I run. I wonder if I burn more calories...

Anyway, it felt so good to exercise again even if it was just a short break.

I don't know if it's the same thing for some of you but the way my body/mind works, when I exercice (especially cardio) I'm much less hungry and this is very useful. When I'm bored and I do nothing I always wan't to eat someting.

Congratulations again to our awesome team ! <3:mrgreen:<3

• lbenson2006
    Options
    I refer to that machine as the "stairway to hell" because of the first time I ever tried it. I was so out of shape, if I remember correctly, I was absolutely dying before the first minute was even over. Needless to say, I didn't stay on it long. A long time later I tried it again and could actually manage to do it...I was so excited!! Glad to see you back at it Isabelle but remember not to push too hard, we are all here to support one another. I completely agree with Leanne, I think a huge part of our success is due to the camaraderie of our team because it gives us the commitment we need to stick with it! You are ALL amazing!!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yay team one.
    I have also just started using the stair machine i couldnt believe how quickly i was dripping in sweat
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    my husband is a chef that works six days a week -two jobs of hard work. Yesterday was a night off from his night cooking job- so I asked him ahead of time if he wanted to go to the gym with me. Since he did not I went to the gym right after the work for 1.5 hours - 30 minutes on the bike and 60 minutes in the pool. I would normally have come home and stayed home instead of going to the gym. I would not have done this without my challenges!

I am going tonight with my nephew and his mom it is family night at the pool. I love to be in the water. I have been awake since 2:30 am so I have to see if I can be awake at 5:30 am to go to water aerobics.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I love thrift stores! I bought a whole new wardrobe for 70 bucks! Isabelle, I can so relate to your situation. I have to remind myself to take days off. I hurt myself a few weeks back doing deadlifts, I can not let that happen again. The worst part was I knew it was self inflicted, I should have known better. It's hard to slow down. And I've been doing the egg workout for 3 sets, I didn't know 1set was okay! And I did it 4 times yesterday, I'm SO sore this morning, lol.
    [ I have to see if I can be awake at 5:30 am to go to water aerobics. [/quote]
    Did you make it to water aerobics? I just noticed the local gym I go to offers these classes. I'm not much of a water person, but this caught my interest. Do you like it? Maybe I should check it out and force myself to do more water sports. It's just that the pool is always so cold, then I have to walk to the car in freezing temps with wet hair. That's been my winter excuse. ;) Spring is really coming !

• lbenson2006
    Options
    Congrats Gayle on sticking with it. It is so hard to keep that motivation up in situations like this. I forced myself to get up and workout this morning so I would have some exercise minutes to log for us. Plus the stinking squat and arm challenge. Lol. Then I still had two more days to get the Eggs-ercise video in so I did that as well. Old Lesley would not have done any of this. I am loving this team dynamic because it is keeping me going! Also, I just tried a recipe posted by our very own Brigitte (bm1409). This was the egg/banana pancake. OMG, it was spectacular!!! Thanks so much Brigitte! Have a happy Friday everyone!
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Also, I just tried a recipe posted by our very own Brigitte (bm1409). This was the egg/banana pancake. OMG, it was spectacular!!! Thanks so much Brigitte! Have a happy Friday everyone!

.... Mmmm tempting :blush:

• bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I am glad you liked the recipe Isabelle. My daughter made it when she was staying with us. Even though its called a pancake, The texture & taste reminds me of french toast.
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Lesley tried it... I haven't made it yet but I think it will be my breakfast tomorrow !