March-ing in to Spring!

Options

Replies

• ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm loving bench press at the moment, slowly working my way up, but feeling nice and strong on them at the moment. Still taking it super easy on squats, but my chiropractor has been happy with my progress in the initial treatment phase so I'm going to slowly and carefully start increasing weight.

Back Squat: 3x5 at 25kg.
    Bench Press: 5x5 at 33kg.
    Barbell Row: 5x5 at 33kg.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i am so over the squats. so so so so so so so so SO OVER THE SQUATS. but i went to the gym very late in the day, after doing 200 of them on webcam and still not getting it right, and i did fricking front squats with the bar and goblets with a 20lb weight instead.

i'll front squat if i have to. i am so angry about the way my torso will not stay upright i'm in a burn-the-world mood, and if i have to do bloody front squats for the rest of my life to beat that forward lean then i'll bloody do them. i also did a bit of ohp, some rear-rotator cuff work, and deadlifts up to 120 that i wasn't too happy with either.

because i'm not in a mood to be happy today, basically.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squat-1X5X 95/100/105/110, 5X5X 115
    Sumo squats-5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 50
    DL-1X5X 135

10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

Russian Kettlebell Swing- 25X 10 X 25 = 250

Day 25 Challenge Total = 9,120

Yay! I am still going strong and plan to finish above my challenge goal!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    trainer day, and whoop whoop. i'm excited because:

a) we are moving to 531 for my bench press. this because i did 5x45, 5x55, 3x60, 2x70 for warmup and then got two reps at 80 before i called it myself as too heavy. so instead i'm taking 80 as my base weight, and i did my first 531 workout instead with 5x50, 5x60, 5x68. and the entire thing went fine. next up will be [whatever. i'll look it up when it's time]. i liked the adjusted sets much much better. bench has been too heavy for me to really be behind my own form recently.

b) i re-checked form and intentions for dimel deadlifts, which was GREAT because i was really just doing a short-form good morning on them. so a whole mess of warmup/form finding reps at 75, and then 3x15@95 and i was walking extremely funny by the time that was done, so it's win.

c) i called off the squatting. told mr t i'm so over them and in such a temper about them i want to stop completely until i get my good nature back, and do something else. told him i want to front squat, and did sets of 3 at 5lb increments up to 55 with little plates under my heels.

then i kept the little heel boost and tried a few sets of 5 back squats at that same 55lb with mr t watching me like a hawk. THEY WERE FINE. i did two or three sets. then i tried exactly the same squat, without the plates and sure enough. forward lean hits at about the 1/4 point.

so i'm done with feet flat on the floor. i get it, should try for blah blah etc etc. but i've been trying for two years to fix that left ankle and it's not a flexibility issue; it's a hard stop. all i've done is take turns screwing up my neck, shoulder, upper back, mid-back, si zone and knees. so i'm done. from here in i'm doing front squats to activate my torso and i'm not doing any squats without help from the plates.

and i'll think about investing in shoes if/when i sign another contract.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Cardio day. Worked 9 hours then did 30 minutes on the elliptical. :-)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

Goblet squat-3X7X 25
    Russian kettle bell swing-50 X 10 X 25

Day 26 Challenge Total = 9620

Almost done!

98xkdkfpacgq.jpeg
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Haha, love that cartoon!!

Finally got back in the gym today to lift. Deloaded massively but did a full workout before my daily 2 mile run.

Figure I can be back to previous weights by the end of April, so not going to stress about the deload.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    :D:D:D never seen that one. i sent mr trainer the two chocolate bunnies, which went over pretty well yesterday.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    First lifting session for this month as been so busy with musical build- which I am now officially over and still have 5 weeks before show week.

So I took it real quietly
    DL 3x5 50, 1x5 60kg
    Front squat 1x5 35, 3x5 37.5kg
    Bench 1x5 30,32.5, 3x5 35kg
    Db bench 3x8 12kg
    Seated row 5x5 40kg
    Lat pulldown 1x5 40 couldn't pull bar low enough so dropped weight 5x5 33+ kg much better
    Leg extensions 3x8 15kg
    Hammy curl 3x8 15 kg

Have dropped nearly 5kg in upper body and 10kg in lower in the weights I'm lifting in 4 weeks, could be I was being a bit conservative in lifts today. Have also had a drop in bf too due to being so busy so that may also have a bit of an impact on lifts.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    To all my friends, due to the negative affect electronics have on my medicine for my Lymes disease and Anaplasmosis, specifically the cell phone and computer I have decided to pack them away for the next 5 months of my treatment. This means that I will not be logging on here until late August. I will miss everyone very much! I will log back on August 20th after my recheck.

PS I will get 10,000 Kettlebell Swings before the end of the month! Don't ever give up!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Take care @fanncy0626 and keep doing you. We'll miss you around here but understand the absence for sure.

Lifted before work today since I didn't have to work until later than normal as I had a shortish shift. Meant less calories before lifting but seemed to go just fine. I was worried since last week I failed on the 3 rep scheme on the last set with 110.

Chapter 6: Bench Press

elliptical warm up 10 minutes

Bench 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 70, 1x6 @ 95, 1x2 105, 3x2 @ 115
    115 used to be my 1 rep max so woot for getting 3 sets of 2

db bench 4x4 @ 40
    pull ups 3x1.5 and chin ups 1x3

db fly 1x6 @ 30 and 2x10 @ 25
    one db row 3x8 @ 45

face pull 3x10 @ 60
    pallof press 3x10 @ 40

Tomorrow is easter candy, 9 hour shift at work then deadlifts.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    To all my friends

gl with it and i really hope the focus on health will pay off for you.

• kimiuzzell
    Options
    I can certainly feel yesterday's lifting in my muscles! My 2 mile run was tough this morning but it's done..... Back in the gym again tomorrow.

Happy Easter everyone xx
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Back to the gym - and back to stronglifts! It's been a bit of a strange week or two so my gym attendance has been patchy... and I was bored with all the accessory work in PHUL... I just love squats, really!

So today I got to the gym, got myself a rack, and started at a lowish weigh - and loved being back at it. I've got five weeks till I head off on our cycling trip, plenty of time to build up the weights again before I go.

Squat: 5x5 @ 60kg - I was a little alarmed at how hard this was :neutral:
    Deadlifts: 1x5 @ 60kg
    OHP: 5x5 @ 21kg

• ninenines
    Options
    @fanncy0626 good luck, I hope that the change helps. I know you'll be busy and have completed lots more challenges by the time August rolls around!

Stronglifts last night after a big day travelling (about 7 hrs total car and train) to see Matilda the Musical. It was so good! I ate way too much though, the kids got churros and I couldn't resist and there was so much chocolate about. I had planned it to be a rest day, but we got home earlier than expected and I thought I needed to put those calories to good use.

SQ: 3x5 at 25kg
    OHP: 5,5,4,4,4 at 25kg. Didn't feel confident of making this, but after getting the first two sets I thought maybe. Sometimes I warm into it in the later sets, but not this time. I'm close to a deload on this lift.
    DL: 1x5 at 60kg, 1x5 at 75kg.

Not feeling terribly motivated today. Planned to do KB swings but we will see. Might take that rest day after all.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    i went wendler today and i guess we'll see how long this lasts. doing two lifts a day because i want to stay in step with mr trainer's patterns and i'll check in with him about this on friday.

dl 5x65/75 warmup. working 5x90/105, 10x115. did all of them as singles without a real break just to keep repeating the entire start-to-end form.

press: 8x30 warmup, 5x45/50/50, 6x50.

accessories: 3x10 rows @65, pulldowns 10x40/45/50. front squat 5x45x3, 5x50, 55.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    SQ 5X5 @47.5kg
    Ohp 5X5 @25 kgs
    DL 1X5@60kg

My hip is giving me problems....it gave in after 1.5 miles of my run so I had to finish off on the cross trainer.

I've iced it, and will take things steady.
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    To all my friends, due to the negative affect electronics have on my medicine for my Lymes disease and Anaplasmosis, specifically the cell phone and computer I have decided to pack them away for the next 5 months of my treatment. This means that I will not be logging on here until late August. I will miss everyone very much! I will log back on August 20th after my recheck.

PS I will get 10,000 Kettlebell Swings before the end of the month! Don't ever give up!

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Best of luck Fanncy! And I will definitely look forward to your return.
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Busy weekend, hope everyone had a nice long weekend with their family/friends.

Hit the gym Friday:
    SLs
    Squat 5x5@155pds (not sure how I ended back at 155...but just went with it...it was kind of nice not having any knee pain doing this)
    Ohp 5/5/3/5/5@ 70 pds (sooo started with 70 pds, 3rd set craptastic, so dropped the weight back to 65pds to finish it out)
    DL 1x5@175pds - totally excited about this, heaviest one I have lifted!! Wooohoo

Sunday
    SLs
    Squat 5x5@165pds - no knee pain or any issues, was nice
    Bench 5x5@ 105pds - woohoo very excited!
    Barbell Rows 5/5/5/4/3 @ 120lbs - I dunno, maybe I am not meant to do these...

Jumped on the scale, no pounds lost, which I'm pretty annoyed with. Going to not eat any exercise calories back and see how it goes for the next month. I did lose .5 inches on the waist, which is cool but....you know how that goes.
  • ninenines
    Options
    Stronglifts in the morning.
    SQ: 3x5 at 25kg
    BP: 5x5 at 33.5kg
    BR: 5x5 at 34kg