Team: Die Lard

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Hmmmm, I may have to try that, thanks!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    edited March 2016
    Just a reminder to post your starting weight before Friday... let's do this!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Hi All,

I have been pleasantly surprised and very shocked at the number of people that have expressed interest in our challenge. I really dislike turning people away, especially if they are trying to better themselves by reaching out for support in helping themselves achieve health goals.

At this moment I have over 100 people on our waiting list. As a result I have created 3 more teams! This won't place them all but at least it will help 45 of them.

Because we've grown so much I am looking for a Team Captain for each team. This person should be someone that is 100% committed to not only their own success but each and every team member on the team. This must be someone that logs in DAILY.

I'll be looking to the Team Captains to ensure everyone on your team has submitted their weekly weigh-ins on or before Friday of every week. If there is a team member that is falling off the wagon, I'll be looking to you to encourage them to continue both for their own benefit as well as the team's overall weekly standing. This may require a personal message to them of encouragement or maybe just a reminder that they haven't submitted yet.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do let me know ASAP. I'd like to have Team Captains selected prior to our April 1 start date.
  • Serendipity0913
    Hi Team!

When you get a chance can you please reply with what day you will be weighing in. This will be added to the spreadsheet to aid the Team Captains in ensuring the team's weights are submitted.

Thanks!

P.S.: I'm still looking for a volunteer to act as Team Captain for your team. Any takers? :smile:
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    edited March 2016
    My weigh in day is Sunday, and no thank you on team captain.
  • Kayak97
    Kayak97 Posts: 103 Member
    Hello Die Lard Team! Let's do this! I have been logging in to MFP daily for almost 3 months, but my weight is still plateaued. I need to get more motivated about using the great data provided by MFP to stay in my calorie range. I am also interested in making sure I have balanced nutrition, as I've noticed I am usually very low in iron and potassium. I'm 41 and single, and I have no good excuse for being so out of shape. My goal is to lose around 50 pounds – one step at a time! I am also working out more trying to build strength and stamina. With some arthritis already, the physical fitness is really important to me. In the past I've lost almost 20 pounds using MFP, so I know the program helps whenever I do my part. So excited to have a team to work with!
  • Kayak97
    Hi Serendipity, My weigh in day is Saturday. If no one else has already volunteered, I'll be happy to serve as team captain. Your hard work organizing this challenge is super appreciated! What fun!
  • Serendipity0913
    Kayak97 wrote: »
    Hi Serendipity, My weigh in day is Saturday. If no one else has already volunteered, I'll be happy to serve as team captain. Your hard work organizing this challenge is super appreciated! What fun!

Thanks so much for stepping up @Kayak97. You are officially Team Captain of Team Die Lard!

You'll notice I created a thread under Discussions titled "Team Captains". You'll want to pop in and introduce yourself to the others. They are a fantastic group and really pumped to help their teams succeed.

Thanks again, I know you'll bring your team to success! :-)

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Thanks @Kayak97 for volunteering to lead our lard!! :D
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    Thanks for stepping up, Kayak. My weigh in day will be Friday.
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Hey Captain @Kayak97 thanks for stepping up! Hope everyone else is as pumped! I've been logging for 50 days now and have started to lose a lil focus after the easter break, perfect time to kick back into gear :smiley:

My weigh in day is tomorrow morning, excited to get started though.

Does anyone else measure themselves as well?
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    I measure monthly, on the 12th (my starting anniversary). My measurements stalled a lot last month, but clothes are getting looser now so I'm kind of excited for them this month!

I've also committed to a fitness challenge for the month of April. I'm going to do 5 squats for every cup of coffee I consume. Hopefully my butt will start looking better by May 1st! :D
  • Kayak97
    Woo-hoo! We're going to rock this month!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    thanks Kayak97. My weigh in day will be Friday.
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Thanks for stepping up kayak! My weigh in will be Fridays. But I will have to turn mine in on wed. Next week. Going to visit my mom in Az. Thursday thru Monday. Excited! :D

Wendy from Tn.
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    We will be doing any mini challenges as a team? I can use all the help I can get :).
  • Kayak97
    Howdy Dedicated Die Lard Team! If you have not already done so, please send your starting weight, team name, and weigh in day of the week to Serindipity0913 so that she can add it to the spreadsheet. So far only four or five people on our team have sent their numbers to her.

Team mini challenges sound like a great idea! Any suggestions?

My plan is to set a realistic goal for changing one thing each week that will help me reach my goals. For example, the first week I am going to do 10 minutes on the elliptical every morning. I spend more time than this sitting on the couch drinking coffee and watching the news; no reason why I can't watch the news while working out! Starting with 10 minutes does not seem overwhelming, and I can add to my time as I establish the habit.

What are you planning to do to help yourself this week?
  • mikconklin
    mikconklin Posts: 2 Member
    Hi.
    My name is Kim I have 30 lbs more pounds to lose to get my goal I set for myself 3 years ago . I will then have lost 110 pounds . I'm very active . I run , spin classes and Bootcamp classes . I have ran to half marathons and hope to run 2 more this year. Also run shorter races .
  • mikconklin
    mikconklin Posts: 2 Member
    My plan for this week is to get back to better eating habits !!!!
  • Kayak97
    Hi Kim, Wow! You and Mimi both are doing awesome achieving your goals! I admire all of your athletic activities. I am an aspiring athlete! I have never had much athletic ability in my life, but I figure, WHY NOT START NOW? I'm not interested in competing, but I sure would love to go to a spin class or a boot camp class and be able to keep up with the group. I am the only one holding myself back. Time to change!