Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited March 2016
    mcvt wrote: »
    My name is Mikee, my current weight is 145lbs at 5' 5". I've been struggling with stress eating and just being uphappy with my weight, my highest was at 160. My goal is to be at 130lbs. Wanting to try OMAD, around 7-9PM, (is that too late) starting today..

Please feel free to add me!

Welcome! I eat tell 9:30 at night or so. I need about 1to 1.5 hours after eating to be able to sleep and not having any issues with it (food trying to come back up although that rarely happens even if don't have that amount of time - before diet it was a problem often). I don't think eating late is bad. I think the longer you go in the day without eating, the more weight you will lose. Others may have more info on that. Good luck!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    mcvt wrote: »
    My name is Mikee, my current weight is 145lbs at 5' 5". I've been struggling with stress eating and just being uphappy with my weight, my highest was at 160. My goal is to be at 130lbs. Wanting to try OMAD, around 7-9PM, (is that too late) starting today..

Please feel free to add me!

Welcome, Mikee!

You're fine. Just pick a time for the meal and stick with it.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Thinking about it ... not ready to jump in quite yet.
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Thinking about it ... not ready to jump in quite yet.

When you are ready we are here. We are a small group but very supportive. Feel free to ask any questions and we will try to answer them. I know it sounds kinda scary but it really is not all that bad.
  • ctoavs76
    ctoavs76 Posts: 30 Member
    Hi. My name is Christine. I currently weigh 159.8 at 5'0". I started using his app back in November and was 186 when I first joined. I'm interested in this way of eating, because I tend to naturally have just one large meal in the middle of the day. I will sometimes have something very low calorie in the morning or perhaps a small snack before bed. I am wanting to cut those things out and just have my one meal a day. I'm having surgery on Monday for a deviated septum. I'm wondering if I should just wait until after my surgery or just jump right into this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  • arguablysamson
    ctoavs76 wrote: »
    Hi. My name is Christine. I currently weigh 159.8 at 5'0". I started using his app back in November and was 186 when I first joined. I'm interested in this way of eating, because I tend to naturally have just one large meal in the middle of the day. I will sometimes have something very low calorie in the morning or perhaps a small snack before bed. I am wanting to cut those things out and just have my one meal a day. I'm having surgery on Monday for a deviated septum. I'm wondering if I should just wait until after my surgery or just jump right into this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hey there!

I wouldn't worry about the surgery (I was supposed to have that surgery in the early 2000s, but never did).

It won't affect your eating. Just jump right in! Otherwise, the water will stay cold! ;-)

Feel free to start your own thread and keep us updated on your progress.
  • blambo61
    Welcome!
  • helensavage237
    helensavage237 Posts: 1 Member
    hi, i am a newbie on the site and dont know if i have posted this correctly,
    preferred username, helen
    i'm 5'7''
    start weight 180lbs
    goal weight range 145-150
    omad start date 20/03/16
    weight lost 9lbs
    current weight 171lbs

like a lot of people, i stumbled upon omad in my 20s but didnt know it was a way of life then. started eating one meal a day because of money issues and the weight dropped off very quickly. obviously i returned to my previous way of eating and gained all the weight i'd lost.

since then, i have struggled to get the weight off with no success. being in my 30s now and post two kids, i noticed the weight isnt as fast to drop off as it did back then, or perhaps because i wasnt monitoring it as i am now, maybe thats why it seems slower. however, i really dont mind as i have finally found something that truly works for me. i feel so amazing and focused that going back to my old eating pattern scares me.

as joe explained about all the benefits that eating one meal a day brings, i noticed an additional one. my hormones are a lot more stable and balanced now. i used to retain a lot of water and i used to eat about 3 times the amount of calories closer to my periods but that has all stopped. i feel a lot lighter during my periods which has never happened before.

also just a quick shout out to joe, i commend you for your work and i hope you continually gain more followers as people begin to see the light. my body has shown me that we honestly do not need three meals a day as we were led to believe and i hope other people will see that in time.

i'll keep you all posted on my progress.
  • arguablysamson
    Hey there, Helen. Welcome.

You posted correctly. Feel free to start your own thread for continuing progress updates! :-)
  • shardaycota
    shardaycota Posts: 26 Member
    So after two weeks, the splurge day, can u explaine that. Is it to just up the calories ? Should I have my one meal but high caloric? Ooorrr, do I have multiple meals that day? I really like having just my one meal because I don't want to throw of me teaching my body the habbit of one meal. What would you suggest? I'm I'm 5 lb away from my first goal weight.
  • shardaycota
    shardaycota Posts: 26 Member
    Or 4lbs..sry.
  • arguablysamson
    Or 4lbs..sry.

lol

You don't HAVE to have one, but consider at least one or two days a month where you just don't track or care. A video is coming out today on the splurge. Watch it and it will break this down more. Basically, sounds like you have nothing to worry about. On my splurges, I would generally stay with a larger - but uncontrolled - meal that would take longer to consume. Or plan festive occasions around them. But if you feel your body and mind is still breaking into the method, then don't worry about it. You are in control.
  • secretarybird
    secretarybird Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm secretarybird and am just about to start OMAD
    I'm 5'3
    Weight...229lbs
    Initial goal...under 199lbs
    Eventual goal...around the 150's

I'm really looking forward to giving this a go...I'm 66 years old and have been dieting all my adult life. Never managed to keep any weight off long term. Just got so sick of it all, I decided to stop dieting once and for all last year and turned to Intuitive Eating.

IE has been a huge eye-opener for me and has helped me reconnect with my hunger and fullness cues which had got lost along the way...however, it has not helped me get rid of any weight. I gained a bit at the start and then have managed to maintain. But I really want to lose some weight now...it's time.

So I'm going to give Omad a go, alongside everything I've learned from IE. Certainly, eating several small meals a day has not worked for me....I like to feel full and satisfied after a meal, not leave the table 'still wanting'...

@arguablysamson has certainly been a huge inspiration...so thank you for all your posts!

Monday is my weigh-in day so I'd like to keep posting how I get on...looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • arguablysamson
    edited April 2016
    Hi, I'm secretarybird and am just about to start OMAD
    I'm 5'3
    Weight...229lbs
    Initial goal...under 199lbs
    Eventual goal...around the 150's

I'm really looking forward to giving this a go...I'm 66 years old and have been dieting all my adult life. Never managed to keep any weight off long term. Just got so sick of it all, I decided to stop dieting once and for all last year and turned to Intuitive Eating.

IE has been a huge eye-opener for me and has helped me reconnect with my hunger and fullness cues which had got lost along the way...however, it has not helped me get rid of any weight. I gained a bit at the start and then have managed to maintain. But I really want to lose some weight now...it's time.

So I'm going to give Omad a go, alongside everything I've learned from IE. Certainly, eating several small meals a day has not worked for me....I like to feel full and satisfied after a meal, not leave the table 'still wanting'...

@arguablysamson has certainly been a huge inspiration...so thank you for all your posts!

Monday is my weigh-in day so I'd like to keep posting how I get on...looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hi!

And welcome!

Not long ago, I was considering dating a gal who was into IE. Your story sounds somewhat of an echo. Weight is more easily controlled on those type of measures, as opposed to lost...which are two very different things. I have a video coming on this very subject.

Start your own progress thread so we can see your weekly updates! :-)
  • secretarybird
    secretarybird Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you for the welcome @arguablysamson...! Looking forward to seeing your video. I shall update my progress as I go further into this...
  • camilleministry1
    camilleministry1 Posts: 2 Member
    This is a thread to let others know you are beginning again on OMAD. Get involved by posting...

...your name or preferred username
    ...your weight
    ...your height
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    ...your goal weight range
    ...the time of your OMAD
    ...and your OMAD start date.

I struggled with my weight since I got out of college when I was in college I would drink every weekend which caused me to gain weight and every since then it's been hard to keep it off. I've done pretty much every diet the Atkins diet basically gotten down to I would say 225 pounds but it was a struggle and I gained it all back. All the diets I've been on I've felt deprived. Well last week I just happen to miss all my meals one day and I ate one meal a day and then I did it the next day and then I thought about it I said this really feels good because you can actually eat what you want to eat and you don't feel hungry and you don't feel deprived so I got on the internet and I googled and I seen it there was a diet where you could do one meal a day and that's when I ran into OMAD. This is my 4th day and I'm feeling a little weird. Not hungry though. I'm anticipating on feeling a little weak but so far so good. When I way in next Thursday I will post the weight loss.
  • camilleministry1
    camilleministry1 Posts: 2 Member
    Camille
    Weight-288
    Height- 5' 3"
    Omad time-5-7pm
    OMAD start- 4/5/16
    Omad goal wt- 225-199
    I struggled with my weight since I got out of college when I was in college I would drink every weekend which caused me to gain weight and every since then it's been hard to keep it off. I've done pretty much every diet the Atkins diet basically gotten down to I would say 225 pounds but it was a struggle and I gained it all back. All the diets I've been on I've felt deprived. Well last week I just happen to miss all my meals one day and I ate one meal a day and then I did it the next day and then I thought about it I said this really feels good because you can actually eat what you want to eat and you don't feel hungry and you don't feel deprived so I got on the internet and I googled and I seen it there was a diet where you could do one meal a day and that's when I ran into OMAD. This is my 4th day and I'm feeling a little weird. Not hungry though. I'm anticipating on feeling a little weak but so far so good. When I way in next Thursday I will post the weight loss.
  • blambo61
    Welcome!
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, Camille...

There will be an adjustment. A buzzing feeling of cloudiness or indifference can be said to characterize it, but like some hunger, it passes. A lot is in store for you.

Keep us up to speed.

- Joe
  • Kierrasofia00
    Kierrasofia00 Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2016
    Name: Kierra-Sofia
    Weight: 176lbs
    Height: 5ft 2
    Omad time: 12-4pm
    Omad start: 16/04/16
    Omad goal weight range: 130-120lbs

I have struggled with my weight since late teens as an emotional eater. I have tried many different diets and calorie counting here on mfp but always regain what I lose.

I turned 40 on the 2nd April and that has made me determined to shift this weight once and for all. It's held me back for far too long and my health has been suffering.

I need to regain control of my eating and my health.