Team: Run Track Minds

Options

Replies

• Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    TammyR429 wrote: »
    Should've said my weigh in will be on Monday. :D

It can be changed to Monday. Do you want to?
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I forgot to say I will be weighing in on Saturdays :)
  • klelk2
    klelk2 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi team! How is everyone doing this week? What is everyone doing for exercise? I am doing the Zomies 5K program and will be starting back on Stronglifts 5X5, plus lots of steps as I have committed to getting as close as I can to 1,000,000 steps in April!!! :#
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@NorwegianGuy a little competition can be a motivator for me too. I'm wishing you lots of success this month!

@lja860813 I'm so excited for you! I got my BS.Ed. when my children were young, and taught for 15 years until my little one graduated high school. It was the best career for blending with the needs of being a mother. You're going to love it.

@TammyR429 Sounds like you're off to a great start! You're already 1/3 of the way there. Walking is my main form of exercise too. Love it.

@klelk2 Wow, impressive! That's amazing. Right now, I'm just walking. About 30 min. a day. I used to love hiking but I'm dealing with some health issues right now so need to get well first before hitting it hard again. :smile:

We're missing 3 members in our first weigh in. @Idabah @kindlemine3400 @eddiek10
    I've sent them private messages so hopefully they'll weigh in today and introduce themselves here. If anyone is friends with them, please drop them an encouraging note. It would be great to start out strong!

Question of the week:

What's your "game plan" for success this month?
  • stm712015
    Options
    stm712015 wrote: »

Question of the week:

I plan to prep my food on the weekend for the week so I can quickly grab healthy meals.
    I'll log my food daily on MFP and stay within my calorie allowance.
    I'll walk 30 min. a day.
    I'll try to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
    I'll weigh in each Tuesday (my weigh in day for the challenge)

• ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Amy, I am 30 year old (just hit that this past month). I am a stay at home mom to 3 boys ages 2, 5 and 11. I have been battling my weight for the last 11 years since I had my first son, I gained 50 pounds with his pregnancy and never managed to get it off.

My game plan for success this month is really sticking to my workouts, trying to complete T25 and working on starting to run. Also really trying to really work on my portion control.
  • FluffySquid
    FluffySquid Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So my game plan is to try and get 12,000 steps including either a run or about 40 minutes of hula hooping (which is actually super fun exercise!) and then to stay under my calorie target. I actually recently made a rewards chart for myself, which sounds strange but I swear it works at keeping me motivated XD

• Idabah
    Idabah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Ida, I teach middle school math. I've put on some weight and looking to finely take control of it. I plan to weigh in on Friday's.
  • superdeedooper7
    superdeedooper7 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello Team!!

I am so happy to be here!
    My name is Ellie and I am a 34 yr old SAHM/homeschool mom. I have 5 children. Just had my fifth kiddo in February.

I have strugled with weight for a long while. Before I became pregnant I was finally only 20 pounds away from my goal weight. Then I got pregnant and put on all the weight and more (totally worth it). This time I plan on losing the baby weight assp instead of waiting for years.

I weigh 230 and my short term goal is to get into onederland. My overall goal is 170 and to feel healthy and light. I have a long journey ahead of me but I am hoping to make it fun through challenges, charity racing, working out with my kids,

I plan on weighing in on Fridays

Thanks for having me!
    Lets kick some butt! Happy Spring!
  • stm712015
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @ahelgers10 Happy 30th! You mentioned portion control. That's my struggle too. Do you weigh and measure your food? It's helped me a lot. It amazes me how small a serving size usually is!

@FluffySquid OMG I love the idea of hula hooping!

@Idabah Welcome Ida! So glad you're going to do this with us. :)

@superdeedooper7 - @kbrunner2 on our team has 5 children too. I think it's fantastic that both of you ladies are putting your health as a priority, since you have so many reasons (you're kiddos) to live a long life!

Okay, Team, the first weigh in is officially done! Please remember to weigh in on your designated weigh in day this coming week. Also, please pop in to our chat thread here as often as you can and support one another, and be supported. We got this!
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Question of the week:

I plan on sticking with what I have been doing because I have been having great success with it! I am on week 5 of the couch to 5k and starting level 2 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, I alternate these2 six days/week. I also try to eat healthy and stick to appropriate portions. Saturdays after my weigh in are my rest day, I don't work out and I allow myself a few extra calories (not crazy though).

Hope everyone is having a great first week! I just posted my first weigh in, down 3.6 pounds!! Only a pound and a half from ONEderland!!!

Jennie
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Game plan is go stay focused and on track. I am working on keeping my water intake to at least 10 cups a day.
  • mdove3411
    mdove3411 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the team & I am so excited to be here!

My name is Meagon and I am 29 years old. I have two amazing children that are my world. My little boy is 5 and my little girl is 2. I am married to my high school sweetheart and the love of my life.

I have been trying to lose weight on and off for years now only to have kept putting on more. I want lose it for good now and be at a happy weight. I'm super glad to be here. Good luck everyone!!
  • mdove3411
    Options
    Hello Team!!

I am so happy to be here!
    My name is Ellie and I am a 34 yr old SAHM/homeschool mom. I have 5 children. Just had my fifth kiddo in February.

I have strugled with weight for a long while. Before I became pregnant I was finally only 20 pounds away from my goal weight. Then I got pregnant and put on all the weight and more (totally worth it). This time I plan on losing the baby weight assp instead of waiting for years.

I weigh 230 and my short term goal is to get into onederland. My overall goal is 170 and to feel healthy and light. I have a long journey ahead of me but I am hoping to make it fun through challenges, charity racing, working out with my kids,

I plan on weighing in on Fridays

Thanks for having me!
    Lets kick some butt! Happy Spring!

Hi!
    I homeschool my little ones also! I find it neat that there's another homeschooling mother on my team :) How long have you been homeschooling? Congrats on your newest bundle of joy! Good luck losing... I have about 130-135lbs total to lose :(
  • stm712015
    Options
    lja860813 wrote: »
    Question of the week:

I plan on sticking with what I have been doing because I have been having great success with it! I am on week 5 of the couch to 5k and starting level 2 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, I alternate these2 six days/week. I also try to eat healthy and stick to appropriate portions. Saturdays after my weigh in are my rest day, I don't work out and I allow myself a few extra calories (not crazy though).

Hope everyone is having a great first week! I just posted my first weigh in, down 3.6 pounds!! Only a pound and a half from ONEderland!!!

Jennie

What you're doing is obviously working - Fantastic loss! Congratulations. And you're oh so close to onederland! :)
  • stm712015
    Options
    mdove3411 wrote: »

My name is Meagon and I am 29 years old. I have two amazing children that are my world. My little boy is 5 and my little girl is 2. I am married to my high school sweetheart and the love of my life.

I have been trying to lose weight on and off for years now only to have kept putting on more. I want lose it for good now and be at a happy weight. I'm super glad to be here. Good luck everyone!!

Welcome to the team!
  • mdove3411
    Options
    stm712015 wrote: »
    mdove3411 wrote: »

Welcome to the team!

Thank you :)
  • mdove3411
    Options
    Anyone have supper ideas they'd like to share?
  • frankerzzzfit
    frankerzzzfit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi team!!

Its great to join in thanks for having me!

Im born and raised in Hawaii on the island of Oahu. I started my weightloss journey in november of 2014 after starting grad school. I was on Jenny Craig for a year and lost about 30 pounds. I am now doing my own food planning and loving it [even the challenges]. I am very active on most weeks paddling, swimming, hiking and going to body combat class at 24 hour fitness. I just signed up for 16 weeks with a personal trainer as a reward to myself for making it to 188 [a new low]. My ultimate goal is somewhere between 155-165. this is because I need more muscle because of my activity level. Cant weight to kill it with you all

aloha
    frankie
  • stm712015
    Options
    fskoethe wrote: »
    Hi team!!

Its great to join in thanks for having me!

Im born and raised in Hawaii on the island of Oahu. I started my weightloss journey in november of 2014 after starting grad school. I was on Jenny Craig for a year and lost about 30 pounds. I am now doing my own food planning and loving it [even the challenges]. I am very active on most weeks paddling, swimming, hiking and going to body combat class at 24 hour fitness. I just signed up for 16 weeks with a personal trainer as a reward to myself for making it to 188 [a new low]. My ultimate goal is somewhere between 155-165. this is because I need more muscle because of my activity level. Cant weight to kill it with you all

aloha
    frankie

Aloha, Frankie!
    You're post is inspiring. I love how active you are, taking advantage of your beautiful state! May daughter moved to Maui 5 years ago and absolutely loves it there. I miss her so much, but it gives me a good reason to visit Hawaii every year. :smiley: