GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,838 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    <3:)<3
  • jennjenn5555
    jennjenn5555 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    Weighed in this morning. Lost 1.6!! Can't wait to see all those losses get posted this week!! :smiley:
    EmilyM8705 wrote: »
    memery7 wrote: »
    I am an emotional/stress eater. Things aren't going well in life at all right now. I MUST get out of my head and deal with this roller coaster.

Try chewing gum. It might help and keeps your calories low. Blow bubbles, snap it, whatever you need to do. The motion of having something in your mouth may help with the hand to mouth action and the blowing bubbles, snapping, etc may help as a stress reliever.

When all else fails...go for a walk. You'll get the exercise plus your stress/emotions will be eliminated. The release of endorphins from the exercise will help so much.

Good luck

I have noticed exercise has helped a ton with my stress. I am a work from home mom, so there is always that temptation to go to the fridge and eat or the stress from doing everything all on my own. I have started taking small breaks throughout the day to walk even if it's walking in place for 15 minutes. I noticed a huge drop in my stress and I get more steps than I used to when I was stuck at my desk all day.
    mlays005 wrote: »
    Gorgeous day out hiking today! tu3sszqozb4u.jpeg

• jennjenn5555
    jennjenn5555 Posts: 47 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Great job sweeteebri!!!!!

Emilym8705: exercise always helps my mood but sometimes it's hard to just get up & do it.

Mlays005: looks beautiful!

Yesterday I went back to the gym for the 1st time in 8 days.... 37 minutes on the elliptical.

• MrsThomas21413
    MrsThomas21413 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Workouts are kicking my butt, but I know it will be so worth it! I'm doing the bikini body mommy 4.0 workout and piyo. Step goal is 2 miles a day. I plan to up my goal as I go by a little each week to challenge myself. I forgot to add that for the nutrition challenge I don't plan to eat after 6pm everynight. We go to bed early so I need to stop earlier.

It's day 3! How's everyone feeling so far? :)
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just finished C25K w4 d2 then additional 30 min intervals of 4min jogging/2min walking. Trying to build up my endurance. I've kept up on my nutrition and not eating after 8pm. Tomorrow I'll focus on weight training and abs. All I did was cardio today. I can't want to see the scale this week. To all of those who are struggling don't give up, it has taken me countless attempts to get it right. This is the first time in my life that I fell mentally strong and that is 90% of the battle. Just on step and day at a time.
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    IAmALeaf wrote: »
    Just submitted my W1 weigh in at 179.4 lb... only 0.1 lb less from starting weight which is annoying given that I know I'm retaining a lot of water...

I actually weigh in daily and use a trending app to see the trend given crazy daily fluctuations, so I know that a few days ago I was down to 177.0. But oh well, plan to tackle it for next weigh in:

- Actually keep track of how much water I'm drinking to try to reduce the bloat (goal min 8 cups a day)
    - Continue with the exercise challenge
    - Join the nutrition challenge, although a bit late. No food after 9pm

As for exercise, yesterday I completed C25k W1D2 again, still no stitch (silver lining of what feels like failure). Today I had my full body workout with weights.

Keep up on C25K
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Well......for the past 2 days, I have failed at not eating after 9 :neutral: I'll try to get it right for the next 4 days. I'll keep you all posted :)
    This was my weekend to work so I'm exhausted!! Today was a rest day and tomorrow I will be doing C25K W3 D1.Have a great night everyone!!
  • Free2batx
    Free2batx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey team.. I am a bit confused about weighing in. I see on the spreadsheet some people have losses already.. Did I miss a weigh in? We were just supposed to have entered our initial start weight, right? Sorry I'm confused!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Hey team.. I am a bit confused about weighing in. I see on the spreadsheet some people have losses already.. Did I miss a weigh in? We were just supposed to have entered our initial start weight, right? Sorry I'm confused!!

No, you didn't miss a weigh in, :) Since you your weigh in is Monday, that'll be YOUR second weigh in, :). My weigh in was Friday so that means I've had my second, :)
  • Free2batx
    Options
    Okay, so I should post my weight today on the first week down weigh in? I feel so dumb on this haha. The other challenge I did had a strict weigh in window so everyone was on the same schedule. I think that made it easier for me because I just weighed in when everyone else did so I didn't lose track!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Okay, so I should post my weight today on the first week down weigh in? I feel so dumb on this haha. The other challenge I did had a strict weigh in window so everyone was on the same schedule. I think that made it easier for me because I just weighed in when everyone else did so I didn't lose track!

For me to reminder since I'm in several challenges, I make a note in my food notes on days I need to weigh in for and which challenge, lol.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @mlays005 what an amazing loss!! 8.1 lbs!! Wowsers!!
  • Free2batx
    Options

I've been at an annoying plateau for two weeks.. Finally saw major changes this week. But, when you have a lot to lose, like I do, I think it comes off easily at first!
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

I second that!
  • MrsThomas21413
    MrsThomas21413 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    For those who have been at this for a while. Does it get easier as far as muscle ache after workout, or is it normal most of the time? I've been on my journey for a little over a month. The calf cramping has stopped as I am getting used to being active, but man my thighs are on fire! I've been doing the recommended stretching after my workouts as curves teaches to reduce the ache after working out but I can't seem to escape it in the tops of my thighs.
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    EmilyM8705 wrote: »
    For those who have been at this for a while. Does it get easier as far as muscle ache after workout, or is it normal most of the time? I've been on my journey for a little over a month. The calf cramping has stopped as I am getting used to being active, but man my thighs are on fire! I've been doing the recommended stretching after my workouts as curves teaches to reduce the ache after working out but I can't seem to escape it in the tops of my thighs.

I have a 6 and 2 year old and had been pretty much inactive and putting weight on since I found out I was pregnant with my daughter 6 1/2 years ago. Because I had been inactive so long starting to move again was grueling! I went to bed slathered in A535 or Absorbine Jr. for the first month and a half. You can imagine what my bedroom smelled like!! ICK!!

Anyway, I find the pain has finally subsided. I don't need to go to bed stinky anymore. When I first wake up it takes me about 15 minutes to get in an upright position off the bed because I'm stiff and have to stretch to get unseized but at least it's better than it was. There isn't the pain anymore. My body is finally getting used to it. When I first started on the treadmill I thought I was going to die (literally). Now I can do it no problem.

Things that help dramatically with the muscle pain and stiffness is STRETCHING lots both before and after a workout. Making sure you do a proper WARM UP AND COOL DOWN before and after your workout (in addition to stretching) and drinking LOTS OF WATER. The more water in your body the less friction on joints and cartlidge.

It sounds like your body is getting used to it since the calf cramping is gone. I would maybe try doing more thigh stretching to see if that helps. Remember, that burn is a reminder you're making progress. :smile:
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Hi Team The Big Butt Theory!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

ptdoyf72gj25.jpg
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Hi Team The Big Butt Theory!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

ptdoyf72gj25.jpg

Awe...how awesome!! That's great motivation.
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Great job sweeteebri!!!!!

Thanks Jenn!!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Fitness (day 2 of 5): C25K W3 D1...28 mins
    Nutrition (day 2 of 7) : Did not eat after 9, drank 8 c of water

***Day 2--goals met!!