Team: The Big Butt Theory

Replies

• MrsThomas21413
    MrsThomas21413 Posts: 83 Member
    Hi Team The Big Butt Theory!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

ptdoyf72gj25.jpg

Love that!!
  • MrsThomas21413
    MrsThomas21413 Posts: 83 Member
    EmilyM8705 wrote: »
    For those who have been at this for a while. Does it get easier as far as muscle ache after workout, or is it normal most of the time? I've been on my journey for a little over a month. The calf cramping has stopped as I am getting used to being active, but man my thighs are on fire! I've been doing the recommended stretching after my workouts as curves teaches to reduce the ache after working out but I can't seem to escape it in the tops of my thighs.

I have a 6 and 2 year old and had been pretty much inactive and putting weight on since I found out I was pregnant with my daughter 6 1/2 years ago. Because I had been inactive so long starting to move again was grueling! I went to bed slathered in A535 or Absorbine Jr. for the first month and a half. You can imagine what my bedroom smelled like!! ICK!!

Anyway, I find the pain has finally subsided. I don't need to go to bed stinky anymore. When I first wake up it takes me about 15 minutes to get in an upright position off the bed because I'm stiff and have to stretch to get unseized but at least it's better than it was. There isn't the pain anymore. My body is finally getting used to it. When I first started on the treadmill I thought I was going to die (literally). Now I can do it no problem.

Things that help dramatically with the muscle pain and stiffness is STRETCHING lots both before and after a workout. Making sure you do a proper WARM UP AND COOL DOWN before and after your workout (in addition to stretching) and drinking LOTS OF WATER. The more water in your body the less friction on joints and cartlidge.

It sounds like your body is getting used to it since the calf cramping is gone. I would maybe try doing more thigh stretching to see if that helps. Remember, that burn is a reminder you're making progress. :smile:

Ahh yes, lol! I definitely feel the workouts first thing in the morning. Takes me forever to get up.
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    C25K W4 D3 ✅➕ 30 min intervals 2min walk/ 2 min jog.
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Where will I post my weight for my weigh in tomorrow?
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    memery7 wrote: »
    Where will I post my weight for my weigh in tomorrow?

There's a separate thread under Announcements labelled Week 1 Results
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Getting ready to post now. Sorry everyone. I really have to watch the sodium.
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    edited April 2016
    Fitness (day 3 of 5): C25K W3 D2...28 mins
    Nutrition (day 2 of 7) : Did not eat after 9, drank 8 c of water

***Day 3--fitness goal met!!
    Nutrition goal...yeah right!!! Didn't happen :)

As you all can see, I failed miserably at both challenges. I'll do better next week...Lol.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,796 Member
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    Fitness (day 3 of 5): C25K W3 D2...28 mins
    Nutrition (day 2 of 7) : Did not eat after 9, drank 8 c of water

***Day 3--fitness goal met!!
    Nutrition goal...yeah right!!! Didn't happen :)

As you all can see, I failed miserably at both challenges. I'll do better next week...Lol.

This week wasn't that great either for me, :( I just dropped off my grandson so tomorrow the plans are to get back on track! Friday, we'll going to start our new challenge, its's your turn, :)
  • iamaleaf
    iamaleaf Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2016
    Checking in for an update on my progress/goals since the last time I posted.

Nutrition challenge: So far I've been successful at not eating after 9. Not for everyone and I know it's a bit of a hot topic, but I'm actually giving intermittent fasting a shot, in my case 16 hours of fasting between 9pm and 1pm and 8 hours of eating (still within calories). I started a few days ago and so far so good, once my "window" closes, I stop thinking about snacking.

Exercise challenge: I get a bit confused since I'm on a different time zone than most, but I guess I would be doing them Saturday to Friday (which is Fri to Thur in the US). Since last week, my workouts have been:

- Saturday: 10 min elliptical, as I wasn't feeling too well. Later in the day I did C25K W1D2
    - Sunday: Full body workout with weights
    - Monday: 10 min rowing and 30 min elliptical and C25K W1D3
    - Tuesday: Rest day
    - Wednesday: Full body workout with weights
    - Thursday: 30 min swimming and C25K W2D1

I also have been making sure I drink enough water and it seems to be helping with bloat. As of now I'm at 176.3 which is 3 pounds less than last week's weigh in.. hopefully I manage to maintain (or lower) that, as my W1 weigh in was terrible.

Anyway, to everyone, it's just about never giving up :) The first week was pretty rough for me and I was even more disappointed when the weigh in came, and well, it's now past me so I'm focusing on what I can do every day to try to be better. Good job everyone! :)
  • GrandmaJackie

@IAmALeaf sometimes the scale doesn't always make sense but the key is to be consistent. I love your attitude "well, it's now past me so I'm focusing on what I can do every day to try to be better"

This last week we had a blast with my grandson with lots of park time, the animal part plus taking him to the movies, :) Today, I'm going to get my mojo back, :) The key for me is planning my meals and hitting the gym.

Goals for today:
    1. Run / Arc Trainer
    2. Hit protein goal
    3. Stay under 1500 for sodium
    4. No eating past 8
    5. Pre log meals
  • SweeteeBri
    Friday, we'll going to start our new challenge, its's your turn, :)

I'm all over it :) Will post after work tonight.

IAmALeaf wrote: »
    - Saturday: 10 min elliptical, as I wasn't feeling too well. Later in the day I did C25K W1D2
    - Sunday: Full body workout with weights
    - Monday: 10 min rowing and 30 min elliptical and C25K W1D3
    - Tuesday: Rest day
    - Wednesday: Full body workout with weights
    - Thursday: 30 min swimming and C25K W2D1

I also have been making sure I drink enough water and it seems to be helping with bloat. As of now I'm at 176.3 which is 3 pounds less than last week's weigh in.. hopefully I manage to maintain (or lower) that, as my W1 weigh in was terrible.

Anyway, to everyone, it's just about never giving up :) The first week was pretty rough for me and I was even more disappointed when the weigh in came, and well, it's now past me so I'm focusing on what I can do every day to try to be better. Good job everyone! :)

Wow!! You did fantastic this week!! Great job!!

I'm going to get my mojo back, :) The key for me is planning my meals and hitting the gym.

Goals for today:
    1. Run / Arc Trainer
    2. Hit protein goal
    3. Stay under 1500 for sodium
    4. No eating past 8
    5. Pre log meals

Lol....I plan to get mine back too. Love your goals Jackie ;)
  • Serendipity0913
    edited April 2016
    REMINDER: All week 1 weigh-in results have to be submitted by 11:59 pm EST. Anyone that fails to report in will be given a 0% loss. This will impact the overall % loss for the whole team.

Week 1 Winners will be announced on Saturday!! :smiley:

• HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Trying to stay under my calorie goals for this weekend. Will not be able to workout this weekend. Went uoNorth to chase the snow with my husband and son to go snowmobiling one more time for the season. So I have to keep an eye on what I eat. Yesterday C25k W5 D1 + weight training. Water goal meet and didn't eat after 8pm.
  • SweeteeBri
    Nutrition challenge: TASTE THE RAINBOW!! Eat the suggested daily color fruit and/or vegetable and let us know which ones you've chosen...Let's see how creative you can be....tehehe! ;)

Fri: Green
    Sat: Red
    Sun: Yellow
    Mon: Orange
    Tues: Purple
    Wed: White
    Thur: Blue

Fitness Challenge: Pick an exercise that has always been challenging for you and conquer it this week. Try to best your time, distance, steps, repetitions, etc. It can be one particular exercise move (ex: plank), an entire workout (ex: Turbo Fire), or a certain length of time (ex: 1 full hour)!! The choice is yours.
  • SweeteeBri
    Trying to stay under my calorie goals for this weekend. Will not be able to workout this weekend. Went uoNorth to chase the snow with my husband and son to go snowmobiling one more time for the season. So I have to keep an eye on what I eat. Yesterday C25k W5 D1 + weight training. Water goal meet and didn't eat after 8pm.

You're doing an awesome job!!

• Serendipity0913
    ***ANNOUNCEMENT - Change in Game Rules!!***

Current Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. Should they fail to submit 2 weeks in a row they will be eliminated and no longer able to participate in the challenge.

NEW Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. After team results are posted for the week the non-submitter will be eliminated from the team and will no longer be able to participate in the challenge. This does not apply to those individuals that have reported their weight as 0% loss.

**********************************************************************************************

As I was looking into future weeks I realized that a non-submitter that decides to submit the next week will be evaluated on their previous weigh-in two weeks prior which makes it unfair to those that are weighing-in weekly. As a result, if you don't weigh-in weekly you will be considered weight that is weighing down the team and you will be eliminated.

I'm sorry for the confusion in having to make the change. Because this is our first month doing the challenge it has been a work in progress. I feel with the new change in rules it will still make everyone accountable while being fair to those that are committed to the challenge.

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Serendipity <3
  • GrandmaJackie
    Nutrition challenge: TASTE THE RAINBOW!! Eat the suggested daily color fruit and/or vegetable and let us know which ones you've chosen...Let's see how creative you can be....tehehe! ;)

Fitness Challenge: Pick an exercise that has always been challenging for you and conquer it this week. Try to best your time, distance, steps, repetitions, etc. It can be one particular exercise move (ex: plank), an entire workout (ex: Turbo Fire), or a certain length of time (ex: 1 full hour)!! The choice is yours.

Love love this, I'll have to think about the fitness challenge, :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    Today's goals
    1. Morning workout - Gym
    2. Protein & Fiber goals
    3. Keep under sodium
    4. No late night snacking
    5. Evening walk
  • jennjenn5555
    jennjenn5555 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm sorry to say I did not have a great week. I actually gained .5 lbs :( I know this has to do with my cycle starting but it is still FRUSTRATING!!

I did well on the nutrition challenge of not eating past a certain time but I went over my daily calorie goal a few times.
    I did just ok on the fitness challenge. I went to the gym 3 days (I use the elliptical). I'm not sure if today counts or if it is the beginning of the new challenge.
    Today I did a 50 minute weight lifting video & went for a 4 mile hike. I'm fortunate I have a enormous beautiful park right outside my back door.

I will not let you down this week with my weight! Whenever I am about to start my cycle I just want to eat everything in sight and always gain a little.
  • jennjenn5555
    jennjenn5555 Posts: 47 Member
    edited April 2016

This is a great idea for a nutrition challenge!! Glad I've already planned on having asparagus w/dinner.
    Lol!