What makes you to OVEREAT?

Options

Replies

• celliewonder
    celliewonder Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh what a comfort it is to see I'm not alone here! I can relate to everything that everyone has posted. How can we inspire each other to make positive changes?
  • boo022397
    boo022397 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tend to over eat when I'm anxious or stressed or just feeling sad!
  • meemster4
    meemster4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Late night tv watching and boredom
  • seelemonster
    seelemonster Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Stress. Or when my fiance gets home from working a late night shift.... I like to sit with him and enjoy a meal. I really hate eating all by myself.
  • anisia85
    anisia85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anxiety and stress most of the times.
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Right now...Relationships.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    wyndesnow wrote: »
    This is ME! Completely and totally ME! Wendy
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"

So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!

Yes, YeS, YES!! THIS x100,000,000,000,000!!!!!
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I overeat at a particular meal when it is really tasty, I am out to eat, or I have gone too long without eating and started out "starving" (even though I am no longer hungry probably a third of the way through my plate).
  • anisia85
    anisia85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HG93022 wrote: »
    I have gone too long without eating and started out "starving" (even though I am no longer hungry probably a third of the way through my plate).

Definitely this too for me - sometimes I get so involved at work with what I'm doing, I forget about lunch; by the time I get home I just can't stop eating.
  • nancerini
    nancerini Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It varies all the time. Sometimes because I feel bad or am depressed but I have had it work that I couldn't eat because I was so depressed. I think I have a bit of a sugar addiction and it seems that the longer I avoid desserts the better. Once I get going it is very hard to stop eating them. Mostly my problem is that I don't exercise, I'm lazy, tired whatever and I just don't feel like doing it when I get home from working 8 hours. My husband sometimes tells me I eat like a bird and sometimes I do. There are times when I just eat garbagey foods instead of meals, like a whole bunch of cookies for lunch instead of a real lunch. Or a lot of chocolate for dinner instead of a meal. Maybe I need to pay attention to what I'm feeling when I actually do those things.
  • sylvia270
    sylvia270 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think that stress is my main trigger. Stressful times and the daily stresses of life. I am doing a lot better. There is still a lot of room for improvement though.
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I overeat when I am stressed or bored. Also, when I'm my husband because we work so much overtime and on opposite shifts. It has gotten a lot better though
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Going out to dinner, drinking wine, having dessert... Wine with dinner is my downfall!
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I also get hungry after a long walk. The trick is to have something warm (or cool and crisp if it is summertime) waiting for you in the oven that you have already factored into your diet plan. Then you get to look forward to eating during those last thirty minutes and you get a reward.
  • murphy1078
    murphy1078 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"

So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!

Yup, that is exactly what I do.
  • JazCopycat
    JazCopycat Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just boredom!!!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    When I relocate! I seem to be hungrier and unsettled whenever we move. I just grab what seems good to eat, trying to get more energy and calm myself. Thank goodness its only for a few days.
  • smurphy90
    smurphy90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I eat out of boredom and when I feel stressed, anxious, or depressed. I also am not good at eating things I like in moderation, or cooking in moderation for that matter. I grew up learning to cook from my grandma, who made every meal for no less than 8 people, even if only 3-4 were eating. Leftovers are fine in my book... BUT they don't make it to tomorrow's lunch for me, they become my midnight snack. I need to get better at preparing meals for two (me and the bf) with little-to-no leftovers, especially if it's a food that I love.
  • Lithinissi
    Lithinissi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Stress is my trigger. And the past three months there have been tons of it ☹️
  • Pascooty
    Pascooty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When it's something I really... really like.
    Out of boredom.
    While watching TV.
    Holidays, when the company and the food is good.
    Rewarding myself with something so awfully delicious.