Team: Die Lard

Replies

• chrizzy8
    chrizzy8 Posts: 78 Member
    Happy Tuesday team! Everyone is doing great already, so impressive!

I'm happy for @chrizzy8, and wish her much success on her new team. I'm glad thry found her a spot, but I'll miss her!

I had a great run tonight, 4.15 miles, including running UP 2.5 of the 3 hills on the route. I'm pretty stoked and can't wait to see how much I'll improve this season.

Lol, I still want to lose an elephants penis! Don't tell the hubs, he'll think I meant him (NOT!!)!

Awww thanks @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn! I'll still be rooting for you guys! Good luck losing an elephant's penis, LOL... :) You can DO IT!
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Good Afternoon everyone, hope you're all having a brilliant day.

Just checking in and seeing how everyone is doing!

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn In awe of all runners regardless of pace, I can walk but getting my legs to do the fast bit is near on impossible, let alone doing it uphill!
    @misalillstead Had to check out what Body Beast was, oh my! How you finding it, looks intense. Also with the monster steps I pretty much use any opportunity to walk, trying to not let having a desk job be an excuse anymore, besides sending emails is less efficient :wink: I’ve also been a bit nervous of yoga did you enjoy pilates?
    @schmitz17 and @mmcqueen927 Nicely done on keeping up with the fluids, I’ve found I’m actually a lot less tired now and less hungry, although I do feel parched a lot more. Think my body is trying to catch up on all the years of not enough water.

Found out why I’ve been so munchy and grumpy Mr Tom has arrived, just in time for my Boditrax weigh in on Friday. Has anyone else used the boditrax machines, I try to do it monthly as its more accurate than my scales, also love the fact it tells me my body composition of muscle and fats etc.

Talking of muscle, managed to persuade myself to get up this morning before the sun and do some weight training, about to go home and do some more of the squawking lady Jillian then wear out my greyhound. Also super happy my OH is finally on board getting healthy after seeing I got a lil glimmer of definition in my arms.

Anyway I flown my way to the Bald eagle, still got to catch up to the cinderblock and then maybe I’ll be the complete Oxford English Dictionary.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    @misalillstead I'm hoping for an Irish setter, but I'd be OK with a small bale of hay!
  • Kayak97
    Kayak97 Posts: 103 Member
    Too funny ya'll! I'm laughing out loud and my colleagues are wondering about me.... :smiley:
  • poojaknsl
    poojaknsl Posts: 82 Member
    I would love to be somewhere in between a small bale of hay and an elephant's penis!!!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    I made it to the gym tonight, did week 1 day 2 of C2K5 and strength training. I also drank 96.9ozs of water today. I feel like I could float away :) .
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    headed out tomorrow for a weekend away - a bit nervous as my environment has been so "secure"....here goes...
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    bpkal wrote: »
    headed out tomorrow for a weekend away - a bit nervous as my environment has been so "secure"....here goes...

Have a great wk.end bp! I am headed to AZ. Tomorrow to visit my mother and siblings for a few days! Hope I don't overdo on calories, having turkey dinner Friday, a belated Thanksgiving since we haven't had one together for 20 years!
  • Kayak97
    I made it to the gym tonight, did week 1 day 2 of C2K5 and strength training. I also drank 96.9ozs of water today. I feel like I could float away :) .

Awesome day! You're workin' it!
  • Kayak97
    Happy and safe travels this weekend!

• mmcqueen927
    Good morning,
    Has anyone ever been to a nutritionist? If so, what are your thoughts?

@Kayak97-thanks!!

@bpkal @silverstar65- have fun and be safe.

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    @gethntysear- body beast is awesome! Time flies by when I'm lifting and Sagi, the trainer, is so funny! Pilates was awesome!! I'm going back tonight!

I wasn't able to post yesterday as my sister in law, my niece and I went to San Francisco to see Wicked!! And it was absolutely amazing!! I woke up this morning with Defying Gravity stuck in my head.
  • Kayak97
    REMINDER: Most of the team will be doing their first weigh-in tomorrow.

On the <Week 1 Weigh In> discussion page:

Please copy and paste the following into a new message and fill in your information:

Username:
    Team Name:
    Weight:
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    @Kayak97- Will do! I have

Darn... for some reason half my message this morning didn't post. Oh well. LOL... Now I dont remember what all I said. That's what I get for posting on my phone.

Work was long and busy. Getting ready for an hour of Pilates, some lifting with Body Beast and a walk!

I hope everyone had a FAB day!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    REMINDER: All week 1 weigh-in results have to be submitted by 11:59 pm EST. Anyone that fails to report in will be given a 0% loss. This will impact the overall % loss for the whole team.

Week 1 Winners will be announced on Saturday!! :smiley:
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Good luck today Friday weighers... let's say it together: Die, Lard, die!!
  • mmcqueen927
    Good morning team,
    Sorry I didn't lose any weight this week, but I didn't gain either.

I feel better and a little stronger and will tweak my eating this week, by doing some meal prep on Sunday for the week. I will add in another day of working out and push it up to 4 workouts. Hopefully I will have a loss next week to help out the team.

Thank you for the support and encouragement this week, it meant a lot.

Shay
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    ***ANNOUNCEMENT - Change in Game Rules!!***

Current Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. Should they fail to submit 2 weeks in a row they will be eliminated and no longer able to participate in the challenge.

NEW Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. After team results are posted for the week the non-submitter will be eliminated from the team and will no longer be able to participate in the challenge. This does not apply to those individuals that have reported their weight as 0% loss.

**********************************************************************************************

As I was looking into future weeks I realized that a non-submitter that decides to submit the next week will be evaluated on their previous weigh-in two weeks prior which makes it unfair to those that are weighing-in weekly. As a result, if you don't weigh-in weekly you will be considered weight that is weighing down the team and you will be eliminated.

I'm sorry for the confusion in having to make the change. Because this is our first month doing the challenge it has been a work in progress. I feel with the new change in rules it will still make everyone accountable while being fair to those that are committed to the challenge.

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Serendipity <3
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Down is down..even if it's not as down as I'd like it to be.
  • Kayak97
    dixedreg wrote: »
    Down is down..even if it's not as down as I'd like it to be.

Every ounce lost is a step in the right direction!

"I don't measure my results with big changes. I don't look for big
    changes. The little changes are going to add up to something
    huge over time." - O'Neal Hampton, Season 9, Biggest Loser