Team: The Big Butt Theory

Options

Replies

• SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Pop over to Team: Dude, Where's My Gut's thread. Just today they posted a modified burpee video :smile:

Awesomeness! Thanks for letting me know Serendipity. That's perfect. I definitely will be doing this version today :)
  • SweeteeBri
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nutrition challenge week 2:

4-8, green:
    green beans
    4-9, red:
    Small Apple
    1/2 red pepper (one of my favs)

Great challenge SweeteeBri ! Thanks!
    You are so very welcome Jenn. I'm having fun with this one :)

I don't understand how to put a "quote" into my post so that person knows I'm commenting on what they said.

Great job everyone on your accomplishments last week!
    This is how I do it....You go into their post by hitting the quote button at the bottom of their post. Start typing at the end of their post. Hope that make sense :) Try it. You can always preview your replay before you post it to see what it's gonna look like.

Nutrition challenge:

"Green" Fri: Brussels sprouts, green peppers
    "Red" Sat: apples, strawberrys
    "Yellow" Sun:
    "Orange" Mon:
    "Purple" Tues:
    "White" Wed:
    "Blue" Thur:

Fitness Challenge: Sunday increase it by 15 more mins <3;)<3
    You're doing awesome Jackie!! Keep it up Lady ;)
  • jennjenn5555
    jennjenn5555 Posts: 47 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you SweeteeBri & GrandmaJackie. I usually use the mobil app. I don't use the computer at home much but it is easier to navigate the message board on the desktop.

Today i MUST go grocery shopping.
    Plan, prep & cook most of my meals for the week.

I don't know if I'm the only one on the team who GAINED weight during the first week but I feel really bad about it. To make matters worse I just weighed myself again today and I gained another .5 lbs. I know its because of hormones and monthly bloating blah blah blah but its still FRUSTRATING! :s Also my starting weight is 157 and I entered 156 but I thought I would lose that with no problem the 1st week. Boy was I wrong.

Ive stayed under my calories the last two days and I've been exercising so it better come off by my weigh in day which is friday!

My fitness goal is to do a proper plank for 25 seconds, my core is very weak, and increase it as much as I can by friday.

Nutrition goal today
    Yellow: Pineapple, sweet pepper (in a pineapple salsa w/rice & grilled chicken) yum!

Hope everyone has a peaceful and happy Sunday!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,832 Member
    Options
    @jennjenn5555, sometimes the scale is our worst enemy! My problem is my cycle is so crazy and it cause a extremely slowwwwww weight loss. Keep doing what your doing, the weight WILL come off, :)
  • jennjenn5555
    jennjenn5555 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks GrandmaJackie!
    My cycle has always been crazy too and now I'm starting perimenopause so its even crazier!

I just got back from a 45 min hike. Its snowing here in Michigan and the wind is fierce! Now I MUST go grocery shopping. Lol.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome job we did in Week 1! We had a combined total (All Teams) of 262.4 lbs!!! Amazing!

Here's this week's WINNERS:

Biggest Loser TEAM
    1st - Gutbusters - 1.23%
    2nd - The Bod Squad - 1.04%
    3rd - Dude, Where's My Gut - 0.88%

Biggest Loser INDIVIDUAL
    1st - Shalynlink-Gutbusters - 3.13%
    2nd - Nerdishgirl3-Thin It To Win It - 2.73%
    3rd - robinred2-The Bod Squad - 2.71%

Those close behind were: Mlays005, Sherriediva1, Courtney4805, wahagent05, kbrunner2, matthewsfive and NorwegianGuy

Top Individuals on Each Team:

Mission Slimpossible
    1st - emaemili2 - 1.75%
    2nd - yangjoma - 1.23%
    3rd - DawnArchieAndJacksMummy - 1.09%

The Big Butt Theory
    1st -Mlays005 - 2.39%
    2nd -christinagillette - 1.98%
    3rd - SweeteeBri - 0.76%

Thin It To Win It
    1st - Nerdishgirl3 - 2.73%
    2nd - wahagent05 - 2.12%
    3rd - 303lissy - 1.45%

Dude, Where's My Gut
    1st - JordisTSM - 1.83%
    2nd - cynbet69 - 1.73%
    3rd - W8ingforthesun - 1.72%

Withering A Weigh
    1st - Courtney4805 - 2.19%
    2nd - Lshona - 1.94%
    3rd - melanieleasure - 1.65%

The Slimsons
    1st - Karen_thinmint - 1.76%
    2nd - dillyg08 - 1.38%
    3rd - Suzmom23 - 1.28%

Die Lard
    1st - gethntysear - 1.90%
    2nd - GotToBeMe11 - 1.31%
    3rd - kayak97 - 1.29%

Run Track Minds
    1st - kbrunner2 - 2.12%
    2nd - matthewsfive - 2.02%
    3rd - NorwegianGuy - 2.01%

The Bod Squad
    1st - robinred2 - 2.71%
    2nd - CatherineElizabeth13 - 1.97%
    3rd - kamoore06 - 1.92%

Gutbusters
    1st - Shalynlink - 3.13%
    2nd - Sherriediva1 - 2.22%
    3rd - Bex800 - 1.86%

The Top 10 in the most pounds lost:
    1) Mlays05 - 8.1 lbs
    2) Nerdishgirl3 - 7.0 lbs
    3) Courtney4805 - 6.6 lbs
    4) NorwegianGuy - 5.3 lbs
    5) kbrunner2 - 5.2 lbs
    6) TIE between CatherineElizabeth13, Linzyo and Jose2716 - 5.0 lbs
    7) JordisTSM - 4.8 lbs
    8) robinred2 - 4.6 lbs
    9) matthewsfive - 4.4 lbs
    10)Sherriediva1 - 4.3 lbs

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL!! Let's try to beat our numbers next week. Good luck Everyone!!
  • HSM2673
    HSM2673 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks GrandmaJackie!
    My cycle has always been crazy too and now I'm starting perimenopause so its even crazier!

I just got back from a 45 min hike. Its snowing here in Michigan and the wind is fierce! Now I MUST go grocery shopping. Lol.

@Jennjenn5555 I'm still learning on how to post myself. I'm just hoping to maintain this week since I haven't been home since Thursday and been eating out every meal. With my husband and son chasing the snow for one last time here in upper Michigan. They wanted to go sledding, the things we do for our family. Don't fret so much about the scale, just keep doing your best.
  • MrsThomas21413
    MrsThomas21413 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I talked my husband into joining me in doing 21 day fix starting tomorrow. This is huge!! As to whether or not he stays with it, I really hope so. But my husband has never been interested in wanting to lose weight or anything and out of the blue he says he will do it as long as I plan the meals. I'm good with that. As for getting him to excercise...that's a whole different story, but at least we can start with his diet.
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sunday Yellow fresh pineapple
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    EmilyM8705 wrote: »
    I talked my husband into joining me in doing 21 day fix starting tomorrow. This is huge!! As to whether or not he stays with it, I really hope so. But my husband has never been interested in wanting to lose weight or anything and out of the blue he says he will do it as long as I plan the meals. I'm good with that. As for getting him to excercise...that's a whole different story, but at least we can start with his diet.

That's fantastic!! A win/win situation for both of you. I find if everyone is on the same meal plan in the house it's so much easier to stay on track and avoid the bites, licks and tastes of the bad foods while preparing meals.

• zydeco69
    zydeco69 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    "Orange"-Monday.....I will have Orange Peppers in my salad today! :) Not very original. LOL!

I have thought about the fitness challenge and I am going to do 20 Monkey F*&Kers tonight. Sorry that is what my personal trainer use to call them when I went to him. LOL! It is an exercise when you grab your ankles and then squat up and down??? I HATE them! Oh my! I just googled it to find real name and that is what they are called. Too funny! I will try to increase the number each day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIndH-WJJ6k

Everyone did super good this week! Way to go team!! :)

@EmilyM8705 that is so great your husband is on board to diet with you. It helps so much to have that support. It is so hard when you don't.

@jennjenn5555 I am also in perimenopause it is sooooo hard to lose each and every pound and when I have my cycle I gain like 5 lbs I get so bloated and so bitchy! Just keep keeping on and eventually it has to come off. That is what I am telling myself. Measuring helps...the scale doesn't always reflect your effort but measuring does.

Today I am going to stay under my calorie goal, go to the gym after work for an hour and not eat after 7 P.M. I feel good for a Monday. Hope you all have a great Monday also!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options

Yay, that's very cool! My husband is so not into in eating healthy, he's better now than though than when I first started MFP.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Yesterday, I did spend 15 mins running increasing my speed, so tomorrow I will increase it to 20 mins. Today, I'm going to try and hit a Body Works class, this morning!
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    I've never done one before but I already hate those Monkey F*&Kers!!! LOL :smiley:
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    That's awesome Emily!! Today is Round 2 Day 1 of the 21 day fix for me. I'm excited.

memery7 wrote: »
    Sunday Yellow fresh pineapple
    Great job hun.

That's fantastic!! A win/win situation for both of you. I find if everyone is on the same meal plan in the house it's so much easier to stay on track and avoid the bites, licks and tastes of the bad foods while preparing meals.
    ^^^This!!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Yesterday, I did spend 15 mins running increasing my speed, so tomorrow I will increase it to 20 mins. Today, I'm going to try and hit a Body Works class, this morning!
    Wow Jackie!! You're on fire!! ;)

Oops....I forgot to post my results for yesterday. Here they are...

Sunday Results:

Nutrition challenge:

"Green" Fri: Spinach
    "Red" Sat: Red seedless grapes, red sweet pepper
    "Yellow" Sun: Yellow sweet peppers (made chicken stir fry for dinner last night...yum yum yummy yum:)
    "Orange" Mon:
    "Purple" Tues:
    "White" Wed:
    "Blue" Thur:

Fitness Challenge: Did the modified version of the burpees. I managed to get 5 done!! Will try to increase daily.
  • memery7
    memery7 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Orange baby carrots.
    It's a staple here. I was going to make pumpkin panaked before I go to work. But I was stressed and took myself out for a late lunch instead.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Nutrition challenge:

"Green" Fri: Brussels sprouts, green peppers
    "Red" Sat: apples, strawberrys
    "Yellow" Sun: pineapple
    "Orange" Mon: Orange
    "Purple" Tues:
    "White" Wed:
    "Blue" Thur:

Fitness Challenge: Today, I did a fitness test for another challange and ran a mile in 8:42 (actually ran two miles, my best time, yay for me!!!!
  • zydeco69
    zydeco69 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've never done one before but I already hate those Monkey F*&Kers!!! LOL :smiley:

They are killer! I did my 20, tomorrow I will shoot for 25. I also did 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 min on the bike. We would get laughing so hard doing these monkey exercises. Laughing is great for the abs!!
  • SweeteeBri
    Options
    Fitness Challenge: Today, I did a fitness test for another challange and ran a mile in 8:42 (actually ran two miles, my best time, yay for me!!!!
    Wow...I'm working my way up to that :) Great job on the nutrition challenge Jackie.