Team: Mission Slimpossible

Options

Replies

• puglife456
    puglife456 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

What are some of the triggers you have found in your weight-loss journeys and how have you learned to cope with them?

Not getting enough sleep is for sure one of mine. Also, if I start snacking (especially on processed foods or sugary treats), sometimes it's like I can't stop and I go way overboard and feel too sluggish to workout. Going to events with lots of yummy food available is also a problem for me (my reasoning is that, if it's free and delicious, why don't I just eat as much as I possibly can, lol).

I have become very strict about my sleeping schedule after having a sleeping problem a few years ago. I wake up at 6:30 am for work, so I must be in bed at 11:30 pm at the latest. This means being mindful of all the tasks I need to complete for the night after work, but also being flexible enough to save some chores for the next day.

As for the mindless snacking, I'm trying out this habit where I do a 12 second stretch before each meal or serving of a snack. So, in theory, I would have to stop eating whatever snack I'm having after having a serving size amount and stretch. This would give me time to contemplate if I really want to continue eating it, and also give me a sense of how many servings/ calories I'm consuming of snack food. So far, it hasn't been working out like that since I haven't been too strict about it. But, I'm gonna try to implement it cause I really need to make a change if I want to see long-lasting results !

With events I'm not so bad anymore because I usually try to have a high protein snack before going (usually cottage cheese) so that I'm not so hungry that I'll eat everything in sight. I'll also try to keep in mind how many calories I can consume, and visualize what that would look like while filling up my plate.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Yippee! I survived yesterday on little sleep without messing up on my day's goals! Last night, I slept great. I will remain vigilant today, though it should be a little easier. Today is a busy day of errands. I will be careful to eat at home and have a snack and plenty of water with me so that I do not give into the temptation of fast food while I'm out.
    @puglife456 - I like the idea of training yourself to do the stretch before eating. I don't always thing about what I'm about to eat either. I think I may come up with something like that to make me think about it too.
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :) Good Morning Team hope you are all having a good week ☆
  • puglife456
    Options
    How's it going, everyone? I hope you're all getting nice weather and are able to walk/run/bike/play outside this weekend :)
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Hi, I've been without internet for almost 2 days now. Hope things are going well for everyone!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Your team has now all submitted their weights for Week 2. Congratulations on being 5.7 lbs lighter!
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    Hi, I've been without internet for almost 2 days now. Hope things are going well for everyone!

Hello. our group has been quiet this week . good luck everyone as we enter a new week :) x

• JMarcella57
    Options
    I was just looking at all of the groups on the chart. Our group is one of only two groups that has had no one eliminated! That is super awesome. So thrilled that everyone has been willing to log each week no matter what. That's the kind of thing that produces winners long after this challenge is over. :)<3
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Just wanted to post our top losers within our own Mission Slimpossible group for this past week.

Top 3 Team Members for Pounds Lost (actually 4 members)
    1. 1TheQueenB (2.2 lbs)
    2. divaford140, DawnArchieAndJacksMummy, Jose2716 (all tied at 2.0 lbs)

Top 3 Team Members for Percent Lost
    1. 1TheQueenB (1.13%)
    2. JMarcella57 (0.95%)
    3. divaford140 (0.93%

Way to go team!!!

• Jose2716
    Jose2716 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Nice job everyone sticking with it. Keep up the great work. :)
  • DawnArchieandJacksmummy
    Options
    Hi guys sorry I've not logged in much, only lost 1lb this week, it's been a tough week!
  • 2016summerfun
    Options
    well done team and thankyou JMarcella57
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be continuing the Biggest Loser Challenge into May. If you are interested in continuing please go to the Registration thread and sign up. First come, first served. Spots are being offered to existing participants before I go outside the group.

Looking forward to losing with you again in May!!

Serendipity <3
  • puglife456
    Options
    Great job, everyone :) I have a good feeling about this week. Let's keep it up!!!!!
  • yangjoma
    yangjoma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yay team, I'm glad we are all trying our best to stick to it. I have, myself gain 1lb back. It sure is tough! Good luck everyone
  • ddahlia14
    ddahlia14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I find my biggest eating time is before bed. Does anyone have good tips to cope with really wanting to snack after dinner?
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    We are traveling this week and it's been a little more hectic than I had anticipated. I'm trying to stay on track with good food choices. I think it's finally slowing down a bit so that I can actually enjoy being away.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    ddahlia14 wrote: »
    I find my biggest eating time is before bed. Does anyone have good tips to cope with really wanting to snack after dinner?
    I have to eat something just before I go to bed or I will have trouble sleeping. Usually, I have 1/2 or a whole Akmak cracker and a couple ounces of milk and I'm good to go.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    @summerfun2016

Logging meals - I mostly log my meals the night before. I find it easier to stay on track if I preplan. I tweek it throughout the day if the plan changes. I also don't close my diary. I know a lot of others do so I may be in the minority on this.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

For those of you continuing with the Biggest Loser Challenge for May you can now join the Challenge Group by clicking here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113559-biggest-loser-challenge-may-2016

Teams are being built and it looks like we have some new faces for May!! If you have registered then you will see your name placed on a team. Be sure to join the actual MFP group so that you are kept up to date.

I have also created a thread for each team so please feel free to pop in to your new team's thread to introduce yourself. You'll find people that may be on your existing team along with members from other teams or completely new faces to the challenge.

Have fun and as I look forward to another successful month!!

Serendipity <3