Team: Thin it to Win it

Options

Replies

• Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @britnaii22 I was thinking about that exact thing this afternoon while I was at work. Because I have to prep things ahead of time I think I'll create a new group for May. That way we'll start fresh with the threads, etc. and I can be finishing off one group while setting up another simultaneously.

I'll be mixing the teams up next month. I want to do that so everyone gets exposed to new ideas, suggestions and has a chance to meet new people and build an even larger support system. You may be on the same team with some of your existing team mates or with all new people. Have to keep things fresh and new! :smiley:

Once it's all set up I'll post a link to join the new group. Thanks for sticking with us. I'm looking forward to another successful month!!
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me...i can't wait! excited about continuing to lose in this challenge
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So excited for the new group!! Already registered for next month.

How has everyone been doing this week so far?? Have you set any personal goals? How are you doing at achieving them??

said_no_one_ever_i_regret_that_workout_poster-rbe57ecec45a4440b963547e924d7ac06_wqa_8byvr_512.jpg

Got my exercise in this evening and it felt great!! I was dreading working out.. but when you finally do it, you remember how good it feels!

I WILL exercise tomorrow morning. I just gotta get up and do it! No excuses!!

Let's work hard to stay #1 this week team!! :)
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Goal this week: stay on feet as much as possible!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!

Anyone have any tips on how to get your butt out of bed early in the morning for a workout? I work about 5 minutes away from work so I have a tendency to refuse to roll out of bed more than a half hour before work. 4am me is extremely grumpy and mean and will turn off any alarm before 8am. 4am me can't be stopped or reckoned with or negotiated with. Help!
  • 303lissy
    Options
    Also, I'm down 2 lbs from Friday :) I'm at 203.4 right now and hoping to hit ONEderland by 4/30!
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    Also, I'm down 2 lbs from Friday :) I'm at 203.4 right now and hoping to hit ONEderland by 4/30!

Great job 303lissy! You can do this...can't wait to congratulate you when you do! Although i think you can hit Onederland by Friday!!! :) I believe in you! Just push a li harder than normal this week, and by 4/30 you will be in your Mid 190's, working your way to the 180's!!!! :)
    Woohoo!!

Anyone have any tips on how to get your butt out of bed early in the morning for a workout? I work about 5 minutes away from work so I have a tendency to refuse to roll out of bed more than a half hour before work. 4am me is extremely grumpy and mean and will turn off any alarm before 8am. 4am me can't be stopped or reckoned with or negotiated with. Help!

I need help with this myself! I am not a morning person at all! I do my workouts in the evening!
  • wahagent05
    Options
  • 303lissy
    Options
    Hahaha I reread what I wrote... I LIVE about five minutes from work (or live about five minutes from where I live).
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    :) Lol 303lissy you live abiut five mins from where you live??? We understand what you are trying to say honey! But i needed that laugh today thanks!
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Lol @303lissy hence why you need that extra sleep in the morning :D

But really, I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning too! I only work about 10 minutes from my house and I have a very active almost 2 year old so I take all the sleep I can get! :)
  • 303lissy
    Options
    Oi see what happens when I cut down coffee??? @britnaii22 that's exactly why I stay in bed as late as possible!
  • 303lissy
    Options
    Midnight runs around the block it is!
  • wahagent05
    Options
  • wahagent05
    Options
    I have really been struggling this week! I am on Day 56 of my 100 day workout (weekends off), and i think i am just getting burned out! I am still working out, but i have to push myself everyday to do so! It's getting frustrating b/c i like to stay motivated! I am doing my cardio and squats & abs challenge!
    Hoping that this laziness that i'm feeling will soon lift! I have 44 days left! Geeesh!!!!
    But...i did set a week break for myself once i reach a certain weight...i am 8.5 lbs away from that goal!
    I will not quit, & i will not be stopped!!! I want to reach my goal more than i want a break, so i will continue to push forward until i make it! Wish me luck, b/c i need it! :)
  • 303lissy
    Options
    @wahagent05 good luck! When the finish line seems far away it helps to make smaller goals to help stay motivated. Get pumped for day 60! Get pumped for being 7.5lbs away from your goal! And look at what you've done... you've stayed on track for over 50 days! That's incredible!!

One of the reasons I love the happyscale app is it breaks down the weight loss goal into milestones. The thought of losing 70lbs is daunting and seems impossible. But I can focus on 10, right? And then the next 10... and the next 10... and so on :)
  • wahagent05
    Options
    @wahagent05 good luck! When the finish line seems far away it helps to make smaller goals to help stay motivated. Get pumped for day 60! Get pumped for being 7.5lbs away from your goal! And look at what you've done... you've stayed on track for over 50 days! That's incredible!!

One of the reasons I love the happyscale app is it breaks down the weight loss goal into milestones. The thought of losing 70lbs is daunting and seems impossible. But I can focus on 10, right? And then the next 10... and the next 10... and so on :)

Thank you 303lissy...i decided after leaving my last post that i have come to far to start slacking now....so i just finished my workout, most of my squats and abs for today! I always feel so much better if i get my work-out in before lunch time...waiting until the evening zaps all of my energy! I think i will start pushing myself to do morning workouts, so that i can get it done b4 i start getting tired from the day to day hustle!
    ...and yes, i do set small goals, achieve that one, and move on to the next one! Otherwise it's to overwhelming to think of what I need to accomplish as a whole! :o
    Thank you for your advice and your support! Very much appreciated! :)