Team: Thin it to Win it

Options

Replies

• wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Just looked up information about the c25k, it's seems doable. I hadn't heard of it before.

I haven't been doing it long...only a few weeks...and to be honest...i am NOT trying to run 5k anytime soon! Lol
    I am doing it b/c i get to walk & jog while the app keeps up with my calories, time, and distance!
    I do walk 2 min jog 60seconda, on & off for 45 mins...30 mins on my lazy days!
    I think the original c25k app charges a fee, so i downloaded an app called RunDouble...it works just fine for me, and i can customize my workout!
    Try that for starters and see if you like it...it's free!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey there team! Doing my daily check in..

I was able to stay under my calories.

I didn't have too much time to exercise but I did get 20 minutes in.

& I fell short of my steps goal. I did get at least 4,500 steps in.

A several posts back, I remember @wahagent05 talked about making up for whatever exercise (or in my case STEPS) you weren't able to get in on the next day. So that is my plan!

It was just difficult to get it all in some days. Had work, then just a little bit of time before church. I do a lot of sitting at both of those activities lol!

Just gotta make up for it the next day!

Hope my team is doing awesome! We made it through hump day! Woohoo!! :smile:
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Hey there team! Doing my daily check in..

I was able to stay under my calories.

I didn't have too much time to exercise but I did get 20 minutes in.

& I fell short of my steps goal. I did get at least 4,500 steps in.

A several posts back, I remember @wahagent05 talked about making up for whatever exercise (or in my case STEPS) you weren't able to get in on the next day. So that is my plan!

It was just difficult to get it all in some days. Had work, then just a little bit of time before church. I do a lot of sitting at both of those activities lol!

Just gotta make up for it the next day!

Hope my team is doing awesome! We made it through hump day! Woohoo!! :smile:

You have been doing such an awesome job at staying under your calorie goal, and getting in your steps & more all week, that i really don't think you NOT doing a complete work out will affect you very much!
    Yes, making up for what you missed really works....but if you cant make up for it tomorrow...do it one day before the week is over...you have time!
    If it doesn't happen, don't beat yourself up...you are doing great! Keep up the work!
  • slgibbs1987
    Options
    thank you so much @wahagent05 for all the encouragement!

I ended up losing 1.8 pounds which gets me now at 328.6! It has been so difficult for the last month getting below 330 and now that I am below it, I am NEVER going back again!

I hope I can say bye bye to the 320s by the end of this challenge :)

Have a good day team!!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    thank you so much @wahagent05 for all the encouragement!

I ended up losing 1.8 pounds which gets me now at 328.6! It has been so difficult for the last month getting below 330 and now that I am below it, I am NEVER going back again!

I hope I can say bye bye to the 320s by the end of this challenge :)

Have a good day team!!

You are welcome slgibbs1987 and Congrats on your 1.8 lbs loss! That is indeed ANOTHER victory for you!
    I think most of us understands how it feels to get stuck in a certain weight class for awhile, without being able to drop the needed weight!
    I have been stuck around the same numbers for a few weeks myself...it gets really frustrating!!!
    Sometimes we have to switch things up. We may have to change WHAT we eat, WHEN we eat, HOW we exercise, HOW LONG we exercise, or WHAT TYPE of exercise that we are doing!
    Never let your body get comfortable with you doing the same things everyday!

I do C25K, Cize, HIIT, Tabata, Cardio, Gilad, Tiffany Rothe...& even jumping jacks and strength training...i switch it up a lot, and i usually see results reflected on the scale...if not on the scale, definitely in INCHES!

I even switch up how i eat....some weeks i eat normal...just lower carbs, and other week... like this week, i focus more on salads and veggies!

Also IF works wonders when you hit a plateau (23:1, 20:4 or whatever is best for you)... Hope this helps!
  • wahagent05
    Options
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Injury is acting up again :/ Was able to do some upper body stuff last night but walking and moving in general hurts. It's back to PT tomorrow so hopefully they'll help, but I'm not sure how much I can do today. I also decided on snacking instead of real dinner last night, and while I was under my calorie goal, it didn't make me feel better. Ugh. I have a memorial service tomorrow so this weekend is gonna be weird. Keeping my fingers crossed I'll bounce back by Sunday.
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Hello everyone, I hope that we all are on track for tomorrow's weigh in (for those who has not weighed in already of course!
    I had to switch up my foods, so i hope that tomorrow will bring me some lower number!
    I am thinking about changing my workout today also! Hoping for a weight loss of at least 2 lbs tomorrow!
  • slgibbs1987
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    Injury is acting up again :/ Was able to do some upper body stuff last night but walking and moving in general hurts. It's back to PT tomorrow so hopefully they'll help, but I'm not sure how much I can do today. I also decided on snacking instead of real dinner last night, and while I was under my calorie goal, it didn't make me feel better. Ugh. I have a memorial service tomorrow so this weekend is gonna be weird. Keeping my fingers crossed I'll bounce back by Sunday.

I really hope you get to feeling better soon! Take it easy and try to get that injury taken care of. That is the most important thing right now. Maybe if you're not able to workout as well, keeping a good watch on your calorie intake as well as the type of foods you are taking in will be really helpful with your weight loss.
    wahagent05 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I hope that we all are on track for tomorrow's weigh in (for those who has not weighed in already of course!
    I had to switch up my foods, so i hope that tomorrow will bring me some lower number!
    I am thinking about changing my workout today also! Hoping for a weight loss of at least 2 lbs tomorrow!

I am thinking about adding some sort of strength training to my workout this week, so maybe I can have a bigger number for next week!

Best of luck on that weigh in tomorrow!! :D
  • slgibbs1987
    Options
    Weight-loss-inspiration-quote.jpg

This is one of the many quotes that has helped me throughout my journey. I have been a yo-yo dieter ever since I was a young teenager. I would lose a little bit of weight, then gain it all back and then more.

I remember having to get on a scale in 5th grade and seeing I weighed a little over 200 pounds. Being this way all my life has really held me back from a lot of opportunities. I am ready to not give up this time and live life to the fullest!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Thank you slgibbs1987!
    Yes strength training will help out a lot...BUT...it may NOT help your scale numbers decrease b/c you will gain muscle. I stopped strength training for this specific reason until this challenge is over.
    I will definitely resume my training on May 1st! It really makes you feel better in your clothes b/c everything starts to tone up instead of jiggling all over the place!
    Cardio combined with strength training is just awesome! I can't wait to get back to it!

I will forewarn you that you will be sore, so stretch stretch stretch...before & after EVERY session! If you are still very sore, soaking in a nice hot bath always relieves my pain!
    ***And ALWAYS START OUT SLOW, WITH SMALL WEIGHTS, AND SMALL REPS!****
    You can always work your way up when your muscles get stronger!
  • wahagent05
    Options
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    REMINDER: All week 1 weigh-in results have to be submitted by 11:59 pm EST. Anyone that fails to report in will be given a 0% loss. This will impact the overall % loss for the whole team.

Week 1 Winners will be announced on Saturday!! :smiley:
  • ds1415
    ds1415 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, well loved reading so many posts. I could not be active for the last few days because I was trying to get my 7 year old settled in her new school.
    I really need some help here. Is there anyone else as tired and sleepy all the time. Most of the time I feel totally drained out.
    I didn't lose much. Its only 0.2 lbs this week, but that's more than 0 ;) .
    I have planned to give my 100% in the coming week and lose atleast 2 lbs.

• 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm down 3lbs since last week! I'm pumped! I was all crabby and bloated at the beginning of the week too, wasn't sure the weight was gonna come off in time. Yay!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    ds1415 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, well loved reading so many posts. I could not be active for the last few days because I was trying to get my 7 year old settled in her new school.
    I really need some help here. Is there anyone else as tired and sleepy all the time. Most of the time I feel totally drained out.
    I didn't lose much. Its only 0.2 lbs this week, but that's more than 0 ;) .
    I have planned to give my 100% in the coming week and lose atleast 2 lbs.

Hi DS1415...I have certain times when i feel tired and sleepy, and for me it's usually when i consume to many carbs, or after overeating...that's when i am totally wiped out!
    I think it's our body's way of sometimes saying we are over doing it, or perhaps we are not EATING ENOUGH!

Food is energy, so you have to make sure that we are not to far UNDER our caloric intake. If that is not the problem, try noting what you ate on the days that you feel exhausted, it could be that you are taking in to many carbs!
    Also, if you are NOT eating enough PLUS exercising, that will definitely cause you to be drained That on top of everyday living can cause anyone to feel tired!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    ***ANNOUNCEMENT - Change in Game Rules!!***

Current Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. Should they fail to submit 2 weeks in a row they will be eliminated and no longer able to participate in the challenge.

NEW Rule: If a participant fails to submit their weekly weigh-in they will be marked as 0% loss which will affect not only their own standing but the overall standing of the team. After team results are posted for the week the non-submitter will be eliminated from the team and will no longer be able to participate in the challenge. This does not apply to those individuals that have reported their weight as 0% loss.

**********************************************************************************************

As I was looking into future weeks I realized that a non-submitter that decides to submit the next week will be evaluated on their previous weigh-in two weeks prior which makes it unfair to those that are weighing-in weekly. As a result, if you don't weigh-in weekly you will be considered weight that is weighing down the team and you will be eliminated.

I'm sorry for the confusion in having to make the change. Because this is our first month doing the challenge it has been a work in progress. I feel with the new change in rules it will still make everyone accountable while being fair to those that are committed to the challenge.

As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Serendipity <3
  • nerdishgirl3
    nerdishgirl3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Weigh in was today for me. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped but I'm down to 249.

This week was rough dealing with emotional drama from friends and family. I didn't get to exercise as much as I'd have liked. With additional exercise this next week should go well!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Weigh in was today for me. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped but I'm down to 249.

This week was rough dealing with emotional drama from friends and family. I didn't get to exercise as much as I'd have liked. With additional exercise this next week should go well!

YOU did great!!!! You lost 7lbs...that is awesome!!!!! Congrats!!!!