Team: Thin it to Win it

Options
Serendipity0913
Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
edited April 2016 in Social Groups
Now that the teams are formed it's time to introduce yourself to your fellow team members. These individuals will be your support. You are a team and you will do it together.

Feel free to use this discussion to share tips, comments and most importantly provide support.

Good Luck TEAM THIN IT TO WIN IT!!

Replies

• darklilly45
    darklilly45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm excited to start this challenge with you all. My name is Meghan, user name darklilly45. I'm 24 years old and work as a research assistant in a sleep lab. My goals include eating healthier, working out more, and losing at least 10 pounds.
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So excited to start this challenge :D
    My name is Britt, I'm 25 years old and I live in the U.S.
    I've got an adorable rambunctious almost 2 year old and a very loving husband <3
    Lot's to live for, and lot's to be healthy for.

My goals here are to:
    A. Drop some serious poundage
    B. Support/Encourage/Motivate everyone else here to do the same

I've lost 9lbs so far and hoping to lose even more before the 1st :)
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So excited :)

My name is Lis - I'm 26 and ready to lose... lots of weight that is. I currently weigh 206.6 and looking to hit 190 by 4/30. It's gonna take serious dedication and work but I'm ready. Looking forward to working with some awesome people, gaining your support, and supporting you guys on your goals!
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    cant wait to see how much we lose!
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think I may be the biggest person on this team? LOL :open_mouth: anyways I haven't been on track for about a year and recently logged back on a few days ago. i plan on getting back on track on Monday. My current weight is 250 and I have a personal goal of losing 20 pounds in the next 6 weeks (by April 30th)

im going to be walking 3 miles daily (I hope I can push myself to stick to it, that's 90 miles in the month of april)
    also going to be going on a 1200 calorie diet to help me with my eating habits.
    (learning portion control.)

I've never done a challenge on here and i'm hoping this will be very motivational.
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    Options
    I refuse to start this challenge at 250 though, so hoping to be down a few by the time we start!
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    Options
    oh forgot to say I will be trying to drink half my body weight in ounces of water also.
  • Ellebee332
    Ellebee332 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Leah and I'm from Canada. I have already lost 10lbs and I would like to lose 20 more but I seem to be in a plateau. I am really excited to kick things up a notch and get the scale moving again. My plan is to set weekly fitness goals and clean up my eating.
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Michelle! I am a 47 year old mother of 3, and have three adorable grandchildren who are my motivation...ages 8, 5, and 11 months. so as you can see, i need to be in shape and full of energy! I started my journey on Feb 25, and have lost 10 lbs to date, with hopes of losing an additional 10+ lbs by the end of April! I am currently on the LCHF lifestyle, and its working for me so far! I walk at least 2 miles a day, with 30 mins of cardio, HIIT, or Tabata, and 3 days of strength training per week! I am excited about this challenge, and i plan to do my part to help us have BRAGGING RIGHTS after the FINALE!!!! Good Luck everyone...Let's Do This!!!!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    If you hit a PLATEAU...try Intermittent Fasting, that will help!
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    Options
    I'm scared of plateaus lol
    At what point do you realize you've hit a plateau? Curious just in case it happens to me.
    How do you know when you hit a plateau?
  • Ellebee332
    Options
    I'm scared of plateaus lol
    At what point do you realize you've hit a plateau? Curious just in case it happens to me.
    How do you know when you hit a plateau?

For myself, when I started working out and tracking my diet I saw nice, consistent results. Over the course of about 3 months, I lost about 14 lbs. Then... nothing. It has been probably 6 months since I have seen the scale go down. I either need to step up my workouts or clean up my diet but that definitely ups the degree of difficulty and so far I have been lacking the motivation to go the extra mile. It's so much easier to do less instead of more! I'm very happy that I have kept the weight off without regaining but it gets hard to stay motivated when the results don't show.
    I am really excited about this challenge. I think the competition will really help me get back on track. Let's kick some butt!
  • Ellebee332
    Options
    wahagent05 wrote: »
    If you hit a PLATEAU...try Intermittent Fasting, that will help!

I used to do intermittent fasting but kind of got out of the habit. I could only do one day per week max and I could never make it for longer than about 20 hours. I would have a 300-400 calorie meal late in the day. I still found it to be helpful though.
    What do your fast days look like?
  • wahagent05
    Options
    For me. i know i have hit a plateau when i am doing everything imaginable (or so it seems), and no matter what, the weight stays around the same thing, its kinda like it deadlocks for awhile! If i do I.F i usually eat from 10-6 or 12-8. I have done it from 12-4 and 12-5 before, I try not to ever eat large meals after 7 or 8 pm b/c that's usually when i would OVER INDULGE, so i gave myself a cut-off time that's works for ME!
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    Options
    are fast days recommended if you hit plateaus?
  • wahagent05
    Options
    i am not sure! Good question! We need to check into that!
  • strength_76
    strength_76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i'm Sharon and looking to eventually get down another 15 lbs sometime this year. I ballooned up to 200 lbs this time last year and have since worked down to 179 lbs. I have a very busy schedule but I try to keep working out every week. The hardest part for me is food accountability and not going over my caloric limit. I look forward to us all supporting each other!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Thin it to Win it!!

Welcome and thanks for joining The Biggest Loser Challenge - April 2016

Your team is now complete with 15 members. Starting Saturday, March 26 through to Friday, April 1 (depending on what day you weigh-in) you can submit your starting weight numbers. All starting weights must be entered by April 1 .

Be sure to utilize your team members for support and encouragement over the month of April. You are now officially accountable to them. They are counting on you for weekly bragging rights of being The Biggest Loser!!

Good Luck Everyone!

Serendipity xo
  • wickedlovely2539
    wickedlovely2539 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Courtney, I'm 24 and looking to lose some serious weight to live a healthier life! I work full time, I'm a full time student and also a full time mommy to 3 puppies and 1 kittten. I am weighing in at 315lbs. Definitely don't see it but its there. Hoping this challenge will help motivate me and push me to do better. Good luck everyone and lets lose together!!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Woooohooo team Thin It To Win It!! We got this!!