Team: Thin it to Win it

Options

Replies

• wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi SweeteeBri...was checking for your name on my list, but I don't see it, were you an add on?
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Thank you Serendipity0913 for all of your help! You are truly appreciated!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    wahagent05 wrote: »
    SLGIBBS1987...Let's get your scale moving again... you may need to increase to 5 days per week, with less time so that you will be burning some calories the majority of the week! Currently you have 3 days that you are not burning any ADDITIONAL calories! How long do you workout on the treadmill?

Well for the past while I really haven't been working out like I should. I've been lucky lately to get 2 days in per week. I am sure I can try to up it to 5! I've done it before and I can do it again! I work out about 30 to 45 minutes at a time.
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    britnaii22, I'll start the C25K program with you this week!

Woohoo, glad I have someone to join in with me this week :)
    Have you started yet? I'll be starting tonight when I get out of work!

I really don't know much about the C25K, but I would love to try to join in with you guys! Is there an app for this?
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    wahagent05 wrote: »
    Hi SweeteeBri...was checking for your name on my list, but I don't see it, were you an add on?

Lol...nope!! I was visiting from The Big Butt Theory team. Just showing some love and support.
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Oh ok SweeteeBri...Thank you for popping in and showing your support! Best of luck to your team!
  • wahagent05
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yes thee is a C25K app that you can download from your playstore! I didn't like the original one...i just needed a simple app that would let me play my motivational music, and tell me when to jog, so i downloaded the RunDouble app...it does the same thing, and it's also FREE
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Members...
    Please copy and paste the following in your post
    I need this info by Apr. 1st

username:
    Weigh -in Day:
    Starting Weight:

Thank you all
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Username: britnaii22
    Weigh -in Day: Friday
    Starting Weight: 223 (I posted this in the Announcements already though on the 26th :) )
  • strength_76
    strength_76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    username: strength_76
    Weigh -in Day: Monday
    Starting Weight: 178.2 (already posted)
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    britnaii22, I'll start the C25K program with you this week!

Woohoo, glad I have someone to join in with me this week :)
    Have you started yet? I'll be starting tonight when I get out of work!

I really don't know much about the C25K, but I would love to try to join in with you guys! Is there an app for this?[/quote]

Hi :) yes the C25K is an app for training for a 5K. I've signed myself up for three 5K's this summer so I've really got to get in shape and be able to run them. The app is really cool though, it's 3 days a week (your choice on days) and it will interrupt your music to let you know when to start running, and when to start walking again. It's really easy to use and the version I downloaded is free too :)

• 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Username: 303lissy
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    Starting Weight: 207 (already posted but I will update tomorrow)
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Thank you to britnaii22, strength_76, & 303lissy for submitting your info so quickly! I already have your starting weight (my apologies...i needed it from the team members that had not submitted their info as of yet) We still have 8 MEMBERS that have not submitted their starting weight.....

(REMINDER)
    PLEASE make sure your starting weight has been entered by TOMORROW-APRIL 1ST, IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE!

Thank you everyone!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Are you getting excited about the challenge yet? I am so ready to get this challenge started! Can't wait to see how we all will LOOK & FEEL at the end of the month!!!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Username: slgibbs1987
    Weigh-in Day:Thursday
    Starting Weight:330.6
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Here are a few motivational Pics for everyone! Yesss we all have seen pics like this before, but I SAY...if they can do it...SO CAN WE.....SUCCESS is possible for us as well!

s43n84a4avw3.jpg

jft8gjjv0zh5.jpg

29yn118n12gd.jpg

qcirz5dtz9wq.jpg

• wahagent05
    Options
    These ppl had to REALLY want change! I can only imagine their determination! They had to put in endless hours, days, & months....BUT LOOK AT THEIR RESULTS! Amazing!!!!!

I truly believe that we can also be submitting our weight loss success story soon as well!

Let's also make up our minds to be DETERMINED to change our lives around for the better....NO EXCUSES ALLOWED! Let's love OURSELVES enough to do it for SELF!
  • mbhck
    mbhck Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are we going to have different challenges every week or just (not that it's just a just) weightloss? :)
  • wahagent05
    Options
    I am not sure...they have not said yet! As for me, i plan to let each teammate do their own exercise plan, but will help motivate them to increase their workouts days, duration, and calories burned, plus encourage better eating habits to ensure proper weight loss!

Any suggestions will considered!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    I would like to know what everyone thinks about strength training! For some ppl, it delays their progress (as in lowering the # on the scale), for others it may not be an issue!

Strength training/Weight training will help you get the weight off after weeks of training, and it will most certainly help you lose inches!
    BUT....we need to see the scale DECREASE each week in order to win this challenge, so therefore I AM THINKING that strength training may not be the best idea during THIS challenge, being that it is a WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!
    If they were charting our measurements, i think it wouldn't matter, but they are not...ONLY WEIGHT LOSS....what do you think???
  • strength_76
    strength_76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would agree that strength training won't help the scale number go down. On the other hand, it does extra duty in burning fat. I'm guessing moderation is the key. I would only use weights once a week with 90% of my exercise for the week being cardio.