Team: Thin it to Win it

Options

Replies

• slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey team!!

I am so excited about this challenge! I have enjoyed reading about everyone so far!

A little bit about me... My name is Stephanie, 28 years old and live in North Carolina. I work as a bank teller, so my job is not a very active one! I have struggled with my weight for my entire life, ever since the 4th or 5th grade. I have been slowly working on my weight again since September, but I have really worked harder on this from beginning of this year.

From my highest I have lost 38.6 pounds! I weighed in today at 330.4 pounds, so I have quite a bit more weight to lose! Just taking it one day at a time!

Goals for April:
    * Lose 10 - 15 pounds
    * Walk at least 50 miles on the treadmill

So excited to get to know everyone and work on our journey together :smile:
  • sabrina_dolce
    sabrina_dolce Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Sabrina. I'm 40 and excited to be a part of the team. I'm 160 and my goal is to lose 30 pounds. I've been working hard on my diet and exercise with a full commitment which started in Feb
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Need your advice! I have started doing some light strength training to tone up a lil bit, and as you can imagine, i am gaining a little bit of muscle. I would like to continue, until Monday March 28th, but am wondering if i should stop NOW. I really don't want my scale to be at a stand still when we begin this challenge! My plans are to weigh in on April 1st! Do you think it's ok for me to continue, or should i postpone my strength training until we have completed this challenge?
  • wahagent05
    Options
    (Additional Info) You may also consider a method called zig-zagging to loose weight...that might help you achieve your goal. zig-zagging is alternating your calorie intake over a 3 day span then start the process over here is an example...if your daily calorie intake should be 2000 (to loose 1 lb a week) then do this

day 1, 1900 calories

day 2, 2000 calories

day 3, 2100 calories

the overall 2000 calories is still maintained yet your body believes hey I am ok...do this over and over till you break the cycle.....I haven't tried this yet, but it's worth a try if we start to plateau!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Found the zig zag methd through Google search....copy & pasted!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't say I've fallen off the wagon but I feel like I'm dragging behind it. Any words of encouragement would do wonders <3
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi team :)
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    Wouldn't say I've fallen off the wagon but I feel like I'm dragging behind it. Any words of encouragement would do wonders <3

Oh no, climb back onto that wagon!

If you quit now, you'll soon be back to where you started,
    and I don't know about you, but when I started, I was desperate to get to where I am now.

You've got this!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »

There will always be times we fall off the wagon but the most important thing is to never give up!

Don't dwell on the past and focus what you can do in the present! Take it one day at a time.

Just imagine how much more you will thank yourself in the future knowing that you stuck with it!

You can do it girl! :smile:

• strength_76
    strength_76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome!

• 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the encouragement :) It's been a rough week. But I'm just gonna concentrate on one day at a time and make sure I make good choices now. No need to worry about yesterday and I'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    ~~~JUST A REMINDER~~~

Your starting weights can be submitted any time between tomorrow, Saturday, March 26 through to Friday, April 1 depending on what day you weigh in.

In order to submit your weight please go to the thread located in Announcements for the applicable week and respond with:

Your Username:
    Your Team Name:
    Your Current Weight:

There is currently a very long list of individuals on a waiting list that would like to participate. I was surprised on how much interest there was! I could have easily added another 5 teams but I wanted to keep the numbers low, at least for this month. As a result I ask that everyone submit their weights on or before April 1. If not received by end of day April 1 I will assume you are no longer interested in the challenge and your seat will be filled by someone else.

Good luck everyone!! Let the game begin!!! :smile:
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hey Team,

What are you all doing for exercising programs? I'm going to start the C25K app again this week, I started 2 weeks ago and then kind of dropped off, but anyway, going to start that again, anyone want to start this week with me? :)
  • darklilly45
    darklilly45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    britnaii22, I'll start the C25K program with you this week!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    Hey Team,

What are you all doing for exercising programs? I'm going to start the C25K app again this week, I started 2 weeks ago and then kind of dropped off, but anyway, going to start that again, anyone want to start this week with me? :)

Hello Team Thin It To Win It!!

Just creeping on other teams to say good luck!! That's awesome you all are starting the C25K!! We started it this week (The Big Butt Theory). Great program. Wishing you all the best!!.....Bridget
  • darklilly45
    darklilly45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    Hey Team,

Hello Team Thin It To Win It!!

Just creeping on other teams to say good luck!! That's awesome you all are starting the C25K!! We started it this week (The Big Butt Theory). Great program. Wishing you all the best!!.....Bridget

Thanks so much! Love the support! :)
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Hi All,

I have been pleasantly surprised and very shocked at the number of people that have expressed interest in our challenge. I really dislike turning people away, especially if they are trying to better themselves by reaching out for support in helping themselves achieve health goals.

At this moment I have over 100 people on our waiting list. As a result I have created 3 more teams! This won't place them all but at least it will help 45 of them.

Because we've grown so much I am looking for a Team Captain for each team. This person should be someone that is 100% committed to not only their own success but each and every team member on the team. This must be someone that logs in DAILY.

I'll be looking to the Team Captains to ensure everyone on your team has submitted their weekly weigh-ins on or before Friday of every week. If there is a team member that is falling off the wagon, I'll be looking to you to encourage them to continue both for their own benefit as well as the team's overall weekly standing. This may require a personal message to them of encouragement or maybe just a reminder that they haven't submitted yet.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do let me know ASAP. I'd like to have Team Captains selected prior to our April 1 start date.
  • wahagent05
    edited March 2016
    Options
    WHEN YOU WANNA QUIT....

ud3lzvposfp1.gif

and REEVALUATE why you STARTED this journey!
  • Serendipity0913
    Options
    Hi Team!

When you get a chance can you please reply with what day you will be weighing in. This will be added to the spreadsheet to aid the Team Captains in ensuring the team's weights are submitted.

Thanks!

P.S.: I'm still looking for a volunteer to act as Team Captain for your team. Any takers? :smile:
  • wahagent05
    Options
    I will volunteer! That may keep me extra MOTIVATED! :)