Team: Thin it to Win it

Options

Replies

• mbhck
    mbhck Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just wanted to stop by and say hi and good luck to everyone... I myself am following a LCHF WOE as recommended by my Dr not only for weight loss but overall better health... I go to the gym and walk on the treadmill or recumbent bike at least 5 times a week I try to do 7 but sometimes life gets in the way... If I can't make it to the gym for whatever reason I do a WATP video which are very handily on YouTube... I have only been on this life changing journey for about 2 weeks but I have never felt better than I do now and have already lost 8lbs... Hoping to keep at that pace throughout the challenge! Well there's my story! We all can and will be the biggest losers and win this competition!!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    @nerdishgirl3 what are some of your favorite fish recipes? I like a lot of fish but I've never prepared it before (other than shrimp). Fish is a little intimidating for me.
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey team!

Hope everyone is doing well! My last couple of days have not been so great with eating.. But I plan to turn that around and get back to it..

I was in a different Bigger Loser challenge that ended a couple of weeks ago and was able to lose 20 pounds (it was a 10 week challenge). A big part of me losing that weight was being held accountable by communicating in the thread and also adding my team mates as friends. I am going to try and start doing better with communicating with everyone here! Encouraging one another is one of the biggest ways to success!

I am going to walk on the treadmill 5 days this week and work at staying under my calories. I also have a pedometer that my workplace gave us and we have a challenge this month that about 10 of our employees with the most steps will win a Fitbit Flex! That is something that is really encouraging me to get on the treadmill and stay on there! I would love to win that! Of course working for a Credit Union, we have many employees! But my goal for April is to do my best to do AT LEAST 8,000 steps a day. I need to be realistic with my goals and I feel like that is a very realistic number for me.

My goal for this Biggest Loser Challenge is to lose at least 10 pounds.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and stay strong!! We got this team :)
  • slgibbs1987
    Options
    This image is soooo true :tongue:

201507_1106_gbebi.jpg
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Love that!! Too funny!!
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Any ideas on team challenges?
  • wahagent05
    Options
    Hello All! Let me anser a few of your questions, and comments as well!
    To Mbhck...I am also on a LCHF lifestyle for the same reasons that you mentioned....weight loss is a plus :) I also am feeling better than I have felt in yrs!!!
    I have been on this journey for 1 month...i am just coming out of my keto adaptation phase...which was very frustrating.
    I got use to losing the weight, and then all of a sudden.....it was a stall...no weight loss for over 2 wks...its the process of your body getting use to the changes...it normally last for 2-3 wks maybe 4...it all depends on the person...so when this happens don't get discouraged...after this short process is over the weight will start coming off again!
    Add me as your friend...just in case you have future questions...i will be glad to help you in any way!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    303lissy...i personally don't have any specific fish recipes! I have always loved all kinds of fish, and my favorite seafood batter is Moss, its already seasoned. I just don't use it right now b/c the carbs are to high for me!
    As for recipes, you can try this website...it's called Lindas Low Carb Menus and Recipes
    Here is the direct link to a lot of healthy fish recipes...hope this helps!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/seafood_recipes.html

Healthy eating!!!! Awesome!

• wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Loving this discussion!!!!

• wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    slgibbs1987....Let me start by saving Congrats on the 20LB weight loss!!!! Go get it girl!!!!
    Now, you are starting this challenge to lose another 10 LBS...that's what i call being MOTIVATED!
    Yes, communicating with friends that help motivate you is the BEST! We all have days where we fall short, or just DON'T WANNA DO IT...that's where communicating with others work best, b/c there will always be 1 person who will help pull you out of your rut, and get you back moving again!
    I can understand why your weight loss has been successful!
    Trying to do it alone...usually ends in a fail, b/c there is no one to hold you accountable!

I am looking forward to you posting that you won the Fitbit Flex!!!! :D...8,000 steps a day is obtainable!
    Yes...stick with Realistic Expectations, and you will do great!!!! Many ppl fail b/c they set their expectations to high, and when they don't reach their goal, they get discouraged and give up!
    But...when we set goals that are obtainable and reach those goals, it gives us the drive to continue pressing forward!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

Ohhhhh...how i miss my wine!!!! :/ LOL
  • slgibbs1987
    Options
    wahagent05 wrote: »
    Any ideas on team challenges?

I have some ideas!

1. Water Drink half your body weight (pounds changes to ounces) in water daily.
    2. Share your journey. Let's really get to know one another.. maybe we can talk about where our weight became a problem and how we have realized that we needed to change. Digging down deep and working on the mental side can be a very important part of our weight loss.
    3. Take it to the Next Level. Exercise for 15 minutes longer in a workout than you normally do. Go to a higher intensity in your workouts. Whatever it is you need to do, push yourself farther.

Those are just a couple. Would love to hear every one else's ideas!
  • wahagent05
    Options
    I think that those are some excellent suggestions! I will post a water chart in a few!
    I would also love to hear what caused everyone to gain their weight!

I have been asking in my post for everyone to push past their NORMAL limits...an extra 15 mins would be great, but if you can't do 15...do 10...but anything over the NORM...will bring results! Thank you again slgibbs1987 you are really contributing to this challenge and we all really appreciate your daily input!
  • wahagent05
    Options
  • nerdishgirl3
    nerdishgirl3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    @nerdishgirl3 what are some of your favorite fish recipes? I like a lot of fish but I've never prepared it before (other than shrimp). Fish is a little intimidating for me.

I usually go very simple with fish. This time around I bought salmon and tilapia. Both I love to marinate with a mix of fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper, plus a variation of other spices (to change things up). Then I bake it. Switching up the spices makes it easier to eat fish most of the time.
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ATTENTION TEAMMATES....
    I still need weigh-in day of the week for the following ppl...

slgibbs1987

Plz submit your info asap, so that i can fwd to the creators of this challenge! This info is required!

***If you have already submitted this info, i apologize for asking again...it may have been accidentally overlooked in the thread!
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    SUBMIT YOUR WEIGHT HERE for ***Week 1 Weigh-in Results (Submit between Apr 2 - Apr 8)***

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10357183/week-1-weigh-in-results-submit-between-apr-2-apr-8#latest
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    FOR TEAM STATS.......BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE SPREADSHEET

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uoFwxTOoaJG-BGwQt_HRrJjm3zNg0K4jnx8fXe1_DLE/edit#gid=1051990688

To view stats for our team, scroll to the BOTTOM of the spreadsheet....there you will see the names of each team. Click on THIN IT TO WIN IT, to view our team stats!
  • strength_76
    strength_76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the guidelines of how much water we should be drinking! It makes it easier to count by the number of water bottles. Sorry, I didn't know we should check in daily, will do my best to do so. My goal is to get back to my max army weight of 160, so I have 17 more pounds to go (lost 20 already). I'm doing my best to get to the gym 3x a week, but i've really noticed a difference when I cut back my calories even if I can't make it to the gym. I have selective healthy snacks if I feel like snacking ( how can you overdose on graham crackers? Lol )
  • strength_76
    strength_76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job darklilly45 on your weight loss!
  • wahagent05
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you for the guidelines of how much water we should be drinking! It makes it easier to count by the number of water bottles. Sorry, I didn't know we should check in daily, will do my best to do so. My goal is to get back to my max army weight of 160, so I have 17 more pounds to go (lost 20 already). I'm doing my best to get to the gym 3x a week, but i've really noticed a difference when I cut back my calories even if I can't make it to the gym. I have selective healthy snacks if I feel like snacking ( how can you overdose on graham crackers? Lol )

Wow...that is awesome...Congrats on your 20LB weight loss!!!!!
    I am also trying to get down to 160 LBS as well...but i have 25 lbs to go! I have already loss 12 since the last week of February!
    My day is just too busy for me to get to the gym, so i do c25k in the evenings...if the weather permits, if not...i do HIIT or Tabata...sometimes CIZE at home!

My healthy snack is Almonds...but only in moderation! :)

Ohhh...i know that everyone has busy lives, so therefore i know that everyone may not get a chance to post daily, but i do encourage everyone to TRY to join in on the discussions as much as possible! The info posted will be motivational during those really hard days!